S27 Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, August 18, 2017, 01:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

Quote from: equilibri on August 18, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
Lars!

So, I get my "biggest underdog ever"-game the first round? Nice! :D
Will be fun to see how my extra rerolls can help me against your speedy gutter runners!

I can play:

Tue 22/8: Not sure what time works, but I guess after 18:00 should work fine.
Thu 24/8: 19:00->

Not sure how the rest of my week looks, but if any of the above works it would be nice!

//Eq

Let's go for Tue 22/8 19:00
hope that the tv difference wont harm you too much

/Lars

equilibri

Quote from: Lars on August 20, 2017, 11:39:19 PM
Quote from: equilibri on August 18, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
Lars!

So, I get my "biggest underdog ever"-game the first round? Nice! :D
Will be fun to see how my extra rerolls can help me against your speedy gutter runners!

I can play:

Tue 22/8: Not sure what time works, but I guess after 18:00 should work fine.
Thu 24/8: 19:00->

Not sure how the rest of my week looks, but if any of the above works it would be nice!

//Eq

Let's go for Tue 22/8 19:00
hope that the tv difference wont harm you too much

/Lars

Tuesday at 19:00 it is, then!
Not so worried about the TV-difference. Will get lots of inducements! :D

See u tomorrow!

//Eq

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on August 20, 2017, 07:04:28 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 19, 2017, 11:55:26 PM
Hi, sorry for the late reply, just wrapping up my vacation. Monday at 21 will be perfect if that slot is still open.

No worries m8!
Haha was afraid I missed your comment myself since i forgot to check the forums :P

Anyway, monday (tomorrow) @21 it is! See you on the pitch m8! ;D

/Gnaar

Hi, appears I will run about 15 minutes late. 2120 should be safe though, hope that's not too late.

Edit: actually 2130 it looks like

Gnaarkill

No probs m8, ill wait. Also we could do it another day, doesnt matter for me :)
Ill wait anyway, see you soon m8 =)

tags

tags

It's been a while since I enjoyed a game of Blood Bowl quite so much!

In many ways, it was a meeting of two sides that do not really flourish until they hit higher TV values, and it showed.

The decaying chose to receive, and on the very first block of the match, the Nurgle Warrior Bonnie Rotten injured Sir Patrick Stewart. Luckily, it was but a badly hurt, but I was starting a quick descent into a bit of dark mood from the very beginning. Luckily snapping out of it, in part due to Gnaarkill talking me down, I mustered my best elven column defence, and opted out of using my blitz several turns because the rotting had been positioning themselves very well. I knew I could have done a blitz on a warrior, but it would risk setting myself up for disaster, so I stayed conservative. There were several intense struggles down the field, but in the end, the dead-ish lack of mobility was to be the doom of the first drive. Having avoided any more injuries in the first half, and actually knocking out two rotters with low-risk blitzes, things were looking a lot better for the intoxicated towards the end of the first drive.

Being in high spirits at the start of drive 2, especially after none of the Nurgle KO rolls succeeded, the besmoked ones confusingly ended up in another column-ish sort of defence even though they were on the offence. Making matters worse, the columns did not entirely cover the middle of the field, so even though the rotters at either side of the beast were driven away, Toxie found its way through the lines to tie up several elves. This had not gone entirely according to plan. To confound matters, there was a very misguided attempt to pass the pigskin forward despite disturbing appearances, which did of course fail. A shaky situation for the puffy ones, and the stinkies were quick to pounce. Luckily, Bill Maher managed to snap up the ball from beneath the nose of Robbie Rotten, although his visage was certainly a disturbing factor.

Dropping further and further back, things looked bleak for the elevated ones, although the fumbled block of Radiation Ranger suddenly opened up a path forward for the frequently influenced talkshow host. Seeing the gap, Maher sprints forward, but realizes that he cannot reach the end zone in time. Cheech is in position further downfield, but the air is thick with fumes making any throw deviously hard. Chong has to buy time, and blitzes Johnny Rotten, knocking him cleanly off his socks. The festering ones pursue, but they are too slow! Cheech makes a run for the end zone, while Bill Maher positions himself away from the disturbing ones and makes a deep throw perfectly landing into the hands of Cheech, securing the only touchdown of the match!

This really could've gone either way. Gnaarkill is, as always, as gracious in victory as he is in defeat. Thanks for a very enjoyable match! :)

Gnaarkill

Very well written Kvasi, nice one! ;D

equilibri

Ok, so my new team of totally awesome (and goodlooking) High Elves had Nuffle on their side (cause she likes their looks, of course!) and the game against the Rat-veterans was somewhat a not so fair affair.

Too tired to write anything else, and also managed to totally miss screenshooting the result.

Then I tried to open BB2 Replayer, but only got a lot of error messages so it crashed.

Well, the result:

Handsome Hawks vs Celeb-Ratt-ies

TD: 3 - 1

My thrower leveled up and got Accurate, and my Catcher levelled up and got Dodge.
Then I got money to buy my own Apo, so I did.

Well, sorry bout the Nuffeling, Lars.
I hope you get your revenge in the finals! :D

//Eq

tags

Hi Equi, I haven't seen BB2Replayer crash in a long while, so I'm very curious about any info you can give me on that, including screenshots, or simply what the error messages said, and/or providing me with the actual replay file which should be in

C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\BloodBowl2\Profiles\<hashstring>\Replays

The local timestamp should be around when you finished the game, it's a .bbrz file

Would appreciate if you could send any info you have to bb2replayer@gmail.com

Frustratingly, I can see the replay in-game, but simply watching it does not provide me with a local copy of the file.

Cheers!

equilibri

Quote from: kvasilad on August 22, 2017, 09:40:55 PM
Hi Equi, I haven't seen BB2Replayer crash in a long while, so I'm very curious about any info you can give me on that, including screenshots, or simply what the error messages said, and/or providing me with the actual replay file which should be in

C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\BloodBowl2\Profiles\<hashstring>\Replays

The local timestamp should be around when you finished the game, it's a .bbrz file

Would appreciate if you could send any info you have to bb2replayer@gmail.com

Frustratingly, I can see the replay in-game, but simply watching it does not provide me with a local copy of the file.

Cheers!

I have sent you the file now and put some screenshots of the error messages there to.

//Eq

equilibri

Nevermind!

Updated BB2 Replayer and now it works!

This worked much better!

//Eq

tags

Ah phew, great. Yeah, I know about that unfortunate business with the 0.6.x versions, I made some poor decisions. It's starting to approach stable now, so if there are no huge problems with the Legendary Edition, I may consider a wider circulation of the app. Still a million things I would like to do, but realistically, I'm never gonna be able to do all of it.

hakos

edit: nothing to see here, my mistake, please move along.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on August 23, 2017, 09:52:11 AM
Wow, that is an insane amount of sustained injuries for the rats.

Ok, do I read this correctly? Did the entire skaven team get injured?

Is it the maximum value possible to get?

Or do I miss something?

/hakos

Well, hmm, so technically an "Injury" according to the rules and the Cyanide game occurs whenever armour is broken. So KO and even stunned counts as an injury, even though we usually refer casually to permanent damage as "injuries". The technical term for what you're thinking about, though, is "Casualty".

A casualty occurs whenever a 10+ is rolled with 2D6 on the injury table, and a roll on the casualty table is always bad, as it ranges from Badly Hurt to dead.

See this overview:
http://guide.bloodbowl-game.com/en/glossary-injuries

hakos

Yep, I just realized I mixed injuries with casualties...

my bad

/hakos