S27 Match Day 3

Started by J-Reedy, August 20, 2017, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapoleonBlown-apart

After some closer consideration I Think 15:00 on sunday would suit me even better than 14:00. Hope we can start at that time.

/hakos

[/quote]
Yeah, that will be fine. See you, tomorrow, then. :)

hakos

And one more match is played.

This time Chaos versus Dark Elves. Mutants versus Darkness.

It was definitely more even than the result shows. It was the success or failure of just some few important rolls that made all the difference...

Napoleon was kind enough to let me start attacking and immediately I KOd one defender. A good start. He quickly recovered and created a traditional elven column defence. I used my chaos warriors to advance slowly forward, 2-3 Squares per turn while he just dodged away and moved his column 2-3 Squares further back. It was very disciplined from both sides, we were just waiting for the right opening. And in turn 5 or 6 it came. He failed a Dodge and I could start to push trough for real. Could score in turn 6 but decided to wait one turn. But since he was a constant threat I did not dare to stall more than one turn and scored in my turn 7. Thus leaving two turns for him to retaliate.

The elves got the ball and were able to break through on my left flank and got within scoring distance with their blodge blitzer. With no tackle or wrestle on the chaos team it was just one small chance to get him down. But that was one of the important rolls that decided the match. He went down and could not score. Even more important, his blodge blitzer got KOd and decided to rest also in the second half. Definitely a serious blow for the elf team. And all of it in one lucky roll.

Second half, it was time for the elvish attack. I got a Blitz and definitely disturbed his setup a bit. But he recovered nicely, got the ball and made a very smooth ball transportation in turn 10 or 11. From the end of his field into half my field using both handovers and passes and got within scoring distance. Once again I got my lucky dice and were able to knock the ball out of his hands. At this Point of time I had a serious advantage, with 2-3 players and better positioning. Almost all his team were hard pressed against one sideline. I decided to push my luck a bit and pushed his witch elf on the ball so it bounced of the field. It ended up very Close to my td zone. But since he was quite surrounded he could not reach the ball. And in the last five turns I just picked up the ball, built a Cage and methodically moved it over the whole field and scored in turn 18.

Thanks for the game Napoelon. You played very well and did the most of every situation. I got some lucky rolls at key moments and I think that decided this match.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Yeah, it was a fun game, Hakos. As you say, a few key rolls made a very large impact, but your victory was also due to the fact that you played very well. Thanks for the game. :)

J-Reedy

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM - TOP SECRET

Subject: Hire of new coffee boy expedited

Matter: I really didn't believe they would do that. Everybody knows that architects can be a pain in the arse, but that they would sabotage our own projects to get what they want... You might recall that we lost our coffee boy in the last Blood Bowl outing. Well, that enraged our architects and they demanded we hire a new one immediately. However, as I had already agreed on the hire of the new architect supreme, we simply didn't have any funds available for the replacement coffee runner. Our big creative types wouldn't hear of that and said I would regret the decision. I considered that to be just talk but boy, was I wrong.
We had another Bloow Bowl company outing today, and those architects did everything they could to protest me. They disguised it well, I admit, it really looked like they were trying to hit the opponent, but failed miserably with almost every block they made. Our sand grainers and support personel tried their best to cover for the big men, but it was futile due to our opponent's supreme play.
So, to put it short, I want new coffee boy hired RIGHT NOW! Get him signed yesterday and on the site day before yesterday!

----------------

I really had to take a walk outside after the match against Gnaarkill as it was the worst nuffling I've ever had. On both halves my 3 rerolls were gone by turn 3 due to Tomb Guardians rolling Both Down + Skull on the block. After that, they rolled some more of them. At some point the count was at 10 BD+Skulls and then I rolled some more of them. I simply couldn't get anything done and Gnaarkill took advantage of my misfortune expertly. Very frustrating match for me, but Gnaarkill was a gentleman and fair play all the way, always fun to play with him. Good luck in the rest, Gnaarman!

Gnaarkill

Yea as I said in game J-R, your bad luck started already in turn 1. Shitty match.
It's one of those you just let go and forget about, move on, nothing to see here :)

Anyway here's the report.

Lars

Hey Barmution

This week i can play
Mon-Thu 19:00 -24:00

/Lars

Barmution

Quote from: Lars on September 11, 2017, 11:49:09 AM
Hey Barmution

This week i can play

/Lars
Hey Lars

How about tonight at 19:00 then?

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

Quote from: Barmution on September 12, 2017, 08:28:07 AM
Hey Barmution

This week i can play

/Lars
Hey Lars

Cheers,
Barm

Sounds good see you on the pitch

/Lars

Barmution

Quote from: Lars on September 12, 2017, 10:17:08 AM
Quote from: Barmution on September 12, 2017, 08:28:07 AM
Hey Barmution

This week i can play

/Lars
Hey Lars

Cheers,
Barm

Sounds good see you on the pitch

/Lars
Awesome :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

This team is not on any kind of roll :P

Lars

Quote from: Barmution on September 12, 2017, 08:36:04 PM
This team is not on any kind of roll :P

Nuffle did really hate you in this one every roll that could possibly go wrong did so hope you have better luck in the future

tags

A fun match, lots of back and forth, and a surprisingly low-scoring affair. The high high elves found themselves getting their armour broken a lot more than the opposition first half, but then deviously swapped their gear with the Hawks during the half-time break, resulting in a bit of reversal.

It all came down to Chong lying face-down in the Hawks' endzone. The score was 1-1. It was the very last turn of the match. Two Hawks very guarding the pigskin, but it was within reach. 4+ pick-up, then 2+ dodge. Rough, but doable. Chong gets up, attemps to pick up the ball and... succeeds! All down to an easy 2+! The 2+, of course, failed.

All in all though, a draw seems fair. Well played equi, and good luck further on!

Gnaarkill

Shit 5-0 to the rats :o
That must be the highest difference in score i have ever seen in a BB-match.

I feel sorry for you Barmution!
Nuffle must have been the nuffliest nuffle that ever nuffled ;)

Barmution

Quote from: Gnaarkill on September 13, 2017, 09:41:10 AM
Shit 5-0 to the rats :o
That must be the highest difference in score i have ever seen in a BB-match.

I feel sorry for you Barmution!
Nuffle must have been the nuffliest nuffle that ever nuffled ;)
Was always going to be an uphill battle vs rats w +400 TV but dice completely failed me. Even w ST5 MB Block (Mighty Zug) I didn't get a cas before t16 vs Skaven, his KO just kept coming back and I lost more people to Sweltering Heat than him. Add to this that my d6 sucked and that he basically didn't fail anything and there was just nothing I could do vs 4 leveled GRs.