S27 Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, August 20, 2017, 04:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on September 29, 2017, 03:06:58 PM

I'm going to Bergen for a RL BB tourney this weekend so Monday is definitely best for me. Shall we say 19?

Cheers,
Barm

Monday at 19 it'll be. Hope you had a nice tourney!

NapoleonBlown-apart

Unfortunately, Lars was very unlucky at the start, as he attempted to pass to his +movement gutter runner after receiving the ball, but rolled a 1 on the initial passing roll, and then failed the catch with another 1 after he used his reroll on the pass. This allowed me to get a lot of tacklezones on the ball, and eventually pick it up with my witch elf, and form a cage around the ball. By the time I had done this, a lot of skaven were KOed, including the rat ogre, and this meant that the Skaven were not able to stop the Dark Elves from moving the ball up the pitch, despite a leaping blitz from his wrestle, strip ball Gutter Runner that scattered the ball, and a Gutter runner getting very close to scoring. I was able to retrieve the ball and score a touchdown, bringing the score to 1-0 at the end of the first half.

In the second half, the Dark Elves were 3 players up, and, although the Rat Ogre woke up, the Skaven had still lost two Gutter Runners. The second half included more crazy armour rolls, and I was almost able to score a touchdown, but I had forgotten about my wizard, so Nuffle punished me with double 1s when I attempted a 2+ dodge into the endzone.

The dice were definitely on my side for most of this match, but Lars played well, and this match would have gone differently if Nuffle hadn't given him so many 1's, and if Skaven armour wasn't made of paper.

Edit: the report is now working

Lars

uploaded the match data.

The first few rounds really screwed me over with a lot of ones on things that should have been easy. On top of that the armor was weak as hell but at least no permanent damage.

thanks for the game.

/Lars

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on October 01, 2017, 10:14:20 AM
Quote from: Barmution on September 29, 2017, 03:06:58 PM

I'm going to Bergen for a RL BB tourney this weekend so Monday is definitely best for me. Shall we say 19?

Cheers,
Barm

Monday at 19 it'll be. Hope you had a nice tourney!
Cool, see you tonight :)

Tourney was pretty awesome.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Only one match left to go before I drop these turds into the eternal virtual toilet that is team deletion. YAY!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Dark times, the future of Sand Castles Supreme is seriously compromised. Should not have started the recreational Blood Bowl exercise. First it was the death of the architects' coffee runner boy that caused production delays in planning. Then two of the head architects got killed which is a nuisance as the recovery from death takes weeks. And now, once again, tragedy has struck. Those damn dirty Bretonnians injured the new coffee runner boy so seriously that he'll be away for a week. Productivity of the architects will surely suffer. And even the return of the coffee boy will cause problems as he's lost one fifth of his speed to the injury due to one of his leg bones getting lost at some point. The wooden stick used as replacement is too soft and causes the coffee boy to sway. So, one fifth less coffee per day for the architects will surely show in the sand castle design efficiency. Please don't tell about this to the investors!

The game? What game? Oh, the Blood Bowl game against the Grail Addicts. Well, they fell down a lot, usually just when they were about to do something decisive. And we seemed to able block them prone at will.

Yup, Barmution had some nasty ones with key gfis and dodges and my blocking was powing efficient. Friendly affair though. Better luck with next season, Barm the man.

And hey, just to prove that Barm is the man, check out these results from a "real" BB tournament last weekend:
https://pouringrainopen.org/
Gratz again, man. Really impressive result looking at the list of participants.

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on October 03, 2017, 09:02:43 AM
And hey, just to prove that Barm is the man, check out these results from a "real" BB tournament last weekend:
Thanks mate :)

Was really pleasantly surprised by the result myself, had some problems adjusting to TT last time but I think I cracked the code this time. It's an annual event w a lot of Swedes attending (Göteborg and Stockholm areas heavily represented) so I heartily recommend it to anybody that enjoys Blood Bowl, board games and beer in general. Should be arranged again in Bergen in about the same time. Great people (plus me) and a great time to be had!

tags

Whey, that's impressive, congratulations on being one elf ear away from first :D

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on October 03, 2017, 12:33:36 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on October 03, 2017, 09:02:43 AM
Thanks mate :)

Was really pleasantly surprised by the result myself, had some problems adjusting to TT last time but I think I cracked the code this time. It's an annual event w a lot of Swedes attending (Göteborg and Stockholm areas heavily represented) so I heartily recommend it to anybody that enjoys Blood Bowl, board games and beer in general. Should be arranged again in Bergen in about the same time. Great people (plus me) and a great time to be had!

Yeah, place 4-8 is Swedes but they were pretty dissapointed about that. I believe that it was a swedish guy who won last year, right?

Well, nicely done! Maybe I will join my fellow swedes next year!

//Eq

Barmution

This is actually the first year (out of 3) that a non-Swede has taken the trophy. Which explained why Straume, who is a native Bergenser, was a bit nervous when I went up 1-0. He REALLY needed that draw/win ;)

Would be awesome to meet you there next year, Equi, Make it so!

hakos

wow, really nice done, gz Barmution

/hakos

equilibri

"To deal with Nurgle Teams you need a lot of Simple Green!" - a fan of Handsome Hawks after their close victory against Slowly we r0t.

This was a very strange game.
First half there was a mist of Simple Green on the field so the nurgle players just vaporized every time an elf hit them.
The Beast even vaporized forever and was cleaned up from the field to never be seen again.
This gave the elves 5 turns alone with the ball and (despite some fumbling) could score 1-0 in turn 8.

The second half it seemed that all the soap was gone and suddenly the nurgle players remembered how to fight.
One by one the elves left the field and it was only by some very lucky dodges and passes that they managed to defend their TD-zone.

Oh, and it was supposed to be 1-1, but a ballcarrying nurgle warrior just happened to slip on the remains of the beast, so he dropped the ball on his last step...

Well, what to say, Gnaar. This was insane!
Always a blast playing against you and sorry 'bout the beast!