S28 Match Day 1

Started by tags, November 04, 2017, 12:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Hey Equi!

Bit of a busy week but I should be able to play tonight (Tuesday) from 1900-2100, Sat (1900-2200) and Sun (1100-1300 & 2000-2100). Any of those suit you?

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on November 07, 2017, 09:26:30 AM
Hey Equi!

Bit of a busy week but I should be able to play tonight (Tuesday) from 1900-2100, Sat (1900-2200) and Sun (1100-1300 & 2000-2100). Any of those suit you?

Cheers,
Barm

If you see this in time I can play tonight, so lets say 19:00!
Otherwise saturday works fine at 19:00 to!

See u on the field.

//Eq

Barmution

Hey Equi, sorry I didn't see this before. I'll hang around in BB2 for a bit from now if you see this. Otherwise I'll see you 1900 on Sat.

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on November 07, 2017, 09:18:06 PM
See you on Sat, Equi! :)

Yeah, I fell asleep yesterday, so saturday sounds fine! :D

See u then.

//Eq

hakos

Hi j-reedy

I Kinda forgot about our game today, can we start at 20 instead?

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on November 08, 2017, 06:52:20 PM
Hi j-reedy

I Kinda forgot about our game today, can we start at 20 instead?

Sure, no problem. See you in an hour!

J-Reedy

Just two words: cape advantage

Followed by thousand words:

hakos

Battle Report, Day 1

Sir,
We have engaged the enemy. They dared to attack our home base. We defended with proper lines and our right  flank quickly managed  to knock out an enemy general out on a lonely scouting trip. We got hold of the enemy plans from the fallen general and could launch a massive counter attack. We stole their treasure chest and punched a hole in their line. Soon after we achieved our target. Time for regrouping

The enemy tried another attack but our cavalry could sneak in behind their lines and sack their supply. Once again we achieved our target.

At half time of the battle we outnumbered the enemy greatly and could launch our own attack. We quickly achieved our target.

Despite low enemy morale the few remains of their army gathered for a final attack against our fully reinforced forces. It was in wain. Our slow but heavy hitting troops surrounded their infantery. With their infantery pinned down it was an easy task for our cavalry to once again surround the enemy headquarter. By knocking out their generals personal guard and capturing him we could capture their flag and the day belonged to us.

Victory!

Signed, General Robert E. Lee

Thanks for the game J-Reedy. You got a serious nuffling when your vampire tripped and knocked himself out Before my first turn. And I got really lucky with my ghouls sneaking in and stealing the ball twice. Nothing you could do today. Hope you have better luck in your next game.

/hakos

tags

Holy crap, any permanent injuries there?

hakos

Nothing serious

Just one zombie with -AV and one thrall with niggling injury

Not worth mentioning really

But my Wight got +ST, that could be worth mentioning :)

/hakos

EDIT: by the way, J-Reedy, your picture does not show up

Gnaarkill

The Miners secures a win in season opener against the Catchers. 1-0 and the greedy quest for gold continues ;D

The Russkies had some real bad luck in the opening turns but fought well. They managed to stop the dwarven advancement through clever play in the second to last turn before half time, though the Miners managed to pick the ball up again and had a somewhat comfortable run into to the TD zone.
Second half the Miners had to start without their gasoline driven murder machine, luckily for the dwarves there were two Catchers in the "out" box, one injury and one KO.
The Catchers had a nice drive and played a solid running game to confuse the dwarven defense. But, as always, greed can penetrate even the strongest of men and the Cossacks decided to stall their drive. What was clearly going to be a draw match instead resulted in a win for the Middle Earth Miners after a tough stop from the Dwarves.
Not a very deserved win, but a win nevertheless. A draw would have been more accurate.

/Gnaarkill

hakos

I watched this match live. Have to say the new interface for watching is better than the old one.

I really felt for Napoleon in the first half, his luck was really bad. Impressive that it did not end worse than it did for the first half.

Then in the second half I got to see a bit of what Kislev can do. I'm duly impressed. I think this team can be very dangerous when it starts to skill up.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

It was a good match. It was stupid of me not to score at the end, but Gnaarkill played well, and probably deserved more armour breaks from all of the blocks he was making.

Barmution

Newsflash: Underworld already better than Brettonians ever were. Equi got unlucky w an early av break on an Ulf and I got away w some shenanigans.

GG and better luck further on, E.