S28 Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, November 08, 2017, 07:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on January 05, 2018, 05:22:56 PM

Hello, J-Reedy. Vampires should be interesting to play against, as well. Would Tuesday at 17:00 be okay? I can't do those weekend times, unfortunately.

Tuesday is very good for me and the time is also ideal. So Tuesday @17:00 it is!

hakos

Battle Report, Day 7

Sir,
Enemy savages sighted from the North. Must be indians, they wear nothing but some loinclothes and various body decorations. Savages I tell you.

We have time to setup a superior defense since their intentions are very clear. Yet, they manage to sneak pass us on our left flank. They tricked us after all. They transport their holy totem very fast by a system of relays between their troops. Our goal was to steal their holy totem and thus break their will but that fails, they transport it to safety in very short time.

Time to push back. We now know they tend to go berserk and attack in a frenzy so we group our troops close together in the middle of the battlefield, well protected from any flank attack. But to force them to spread out their troops my brigade passes their right flank and is ready to attack them in the back. Our Heavy troops do what they should, and break open their center. Our second cavalry brigade can just rush through the gap and join up with my brigade. We can easily achieve our goal.

But the northern savages do not give up that easy, they rally for another attack, but this time we know their tricks and are able to stop them. They even have some very big and wild beasts that attack us but our artillery knock them out.

The sun has passed zenith but the battle continues. We want to press our numerical advantage and attack again. We can break through in the middle again but as we move forward they continue to harass our flanks. We can probably beat them back for some time but decide to regroup after reaching the hill we wanted to capture.

We have a good defensive position and let them attack us. They are forced to act quickly if they want to make this battle even and as usual they go for our left flank. But this time we trap them between our troops and a big river. Final victory is within our grasp but they are not out of tricks yet. They somehow escape and even passes right through our lines to reach the right flank. However, by force marching of our brigades we can trap them again, this time against our troops and a hard place. They can not go anywhere and the day belongs to us.

Victory!

Signed, General JEB Stuart

Thank you for the game Equi, it was definitely a good one. No stalling, very intense, opportunities every turn. Although my Ghouls had their good armor on today which enabled me to start second half with 11 vs 9 and with your Yhetee and Ulfwerener  as the two players off field second half sure was uphill for you.

GG

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: Lars on January 06, 2018, 03:23:02 PM
Quote from: Barmution on January 05, 2018, 01:59:30 PM
Hi Lars,

time to finish up this season!

Weekend is a bit crowded atm. I can play either tonight starting from 21, Saturday at 11 or Sunday starting between 20 and 22. Any of those suit you?

Cheers,
Barm
Sunday starting 21 should work for me
/Lars
You've got yourself a deal! :D

Cya tonight!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Yo kvasi!
Im stuck in traffic. May be some 10 minutes late

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on January 05, 2018, 05:21:43 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on January 05, 2018, 03:10:36 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on January 05, 2018, 08:27:50 AM
Hey Gnaar, time to see if my thinly veiled mobsters can do anything except get beat up on the final match day!

My weekend looks quite open for now (except for today Friday), even though I'd prefer not to play Saturday evening. Next week is more limited, but Tuesday and Thursday evenings should be doable.

Hi Kvasi!

Haha, we'll see about that :P
Up until now I think my delusional dwarves rather go beat on rocks than the opposing team, but you never know ;D

How about sunday @16? Does that suit you good sir? ;)

/Gnaar

Sunday at 16 sounds perfect!

Hi Gnaar, don't see you online, I'd like to play later sometime though.

Gnaarkill

Gnaarkill

Season 28 is now officially in the books for both The Teamsters and The Middle Earth Miners.

Both teams didnt really have anything to play for except fame and glory. Though, The Teamsters had a bad start with 2 injuries already in the first round and was always undermanned. This led to a couple of risky plays from the teamsters and somewhat unfocused play from the miners.
Creds to Kvasilad though who managed a very good defence even though his team was minus on players!

A nice 3rd place in the league for The Miners. I'm quite satisfied with that but now it's back to Nurgies! <3 :D

See you all next season! ;D

/Gnaarkill

Barmution

One of those matches where both coaches has reason to be really annoyed about the result. Both teams had failures at critical times and last 3 turns are some of the most frustrating I've experienced in my entire BB career. Still, gg and sorry about being grumpy in the end there, Lars.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

And that's the final game of the regular season in the books. Caped ones got an injury on the first turn and got to play all of the game with man (and cape) advantage. First touchdown was a fast breakthrough from the right by Dr. Strangre who got the ball from a pass by Mr. Wayne. On their attack Catchers replied with very nice switch-sides play after a midline scrimmage of few turns and ran in the TD relatively unhindered. Second half started with Catchers 3 men down, so vamps just swarmed the Kossars and after very large number of failed leaps and dodges from the humans, the game was decided. Nice game from Napoleon, as I said in-game, could've been totally different without that casualty.