Essential rules (Must read!)

Started by bodyschlompf, February 14, 2011, 07:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodyschlompf

The most important rules of NUL can be summarized like this:

1.During a season of NUL, matches are played at the rate of 1 game a week. The match week officially starts Mondays at 19:00 CET.

2.The matches are preferably arranged in the board called "Matches" in the NUL forum. If you arrange the game in any other way you still must post in the mentioned board the progress of your match scheduling.

3.The coach with the team that plays HOME has the responsibility to contact his opponent at latest Wednesday of the match week to arrange the game. You find whom ever plays home/away in the in-game client.

4.If a match doesn't get played within the stated week and one/both coaches fail to comply with rules 2 and 3, a warning will be sent. A coach will only be warned once.

5.If a match doesn't get played  within the stated week because one/both coaches declines to play, or doesn't even make an effort to get the game played, a warning will be sent. A coach will only be warned once.

6.If a coach deliberately ends a game before the last turn has been played, a warning will be sent. A coach will only be warned once.

7.If a coach receives his second warning, he will be permanently banned from the league.

No one wants harsh rules. No one wants to ban anyone. If you skip a game in the league because you don't feel like playing, we don't blame you. But skipping games also unfortunately means that your opponent is affected by you not playing your game. In the long run, the entire league is affected by you not playing your game and experience has shown that nothing kills a league as effectively as when coaches starts to skip their games. This is why these rules exists. If you make a really good effort to get a game played, but still fail, all that effort will be in vain if you do not post in the forum stating that you really tried. The league functionals (aka "League admins") have no way of knowing your intentions if you don't tell them. If a game wasn't played and there's no information why for the league functionals to read, then they can do nothing but guess that you weren't interested in playing the game in the first place. This is why the rules state that you have to communicate with the league functionals.

Elake

red and understood!

Hope this isn't about the game me and Zynaid was supposed to play last night. We were both online for the start and he told me he couldn't make it due to an early work-interview today. He had to forfeit the game since it was last matchday but we both have an opening tomorrow and could play the game then to avoid a forfeit if possible?

bodyschlompf

QuoteHope this isn't about the game me and Zynaid was supposed to play last night.

Nope.

QuoteWe were both online for the start and he told me he couldn't make it due to an early work-interview today. He had to forfeit the game since it was last matchday but we both have an opening tomorrow and could play the game then to avoid a forfeit if possible?

Can't see a reason why not. Your not delaying things for others since it is the last match day for the championship...

Rotty

I think it was just an informational add-on,  since I haven't seen the old Alvsvenskan rules (the above) in this forum. It is good to have everything written down for easy reference - so you know who to blame and how to break them  ::) ;)
// Rotty; in-game Ratstick

Elake

Great, i'll try to get hold of him then :)

Saxo

Read the rules and agree to comply.

Saxo

J-Reedy

Read, understood and agreed upon.

Mr B

ToFex80

i´ve read it and it understood. now can i join?

Hoverdog

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

HerraMonologi

hakos

Gurgeh