S28 Match Day 4

Started by tags, November 29, 2017, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on December 03, 2017, 06:32:39 PM
No problem, mate. I wouldn't want this to be a concession victory, especially seeming that you were kind enough to allow me to play the match at a different time when I missed our match last season. Due to Mount and Blade events I won't be able to play a match until 21:30, today. If you can manage that then we could play our match then, but if that's too late then tomorrow and Tuesday are free for me any time after 16:00.
That's very kind of you, thank you!

21:30 it is then :)
Bring your leapiest Kislevs!

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

NapoleonBlown-apart

No problem, see you on the pitch. :)

Barmution

Well that was a nuffling and a half for Napoleon. Not much he could do vs my frankly amazing 2d6. Sorry about that and thanks for the match, you did a solid job with what little Nuffle gave you. Hope you get a break soon, really want to see Kislev doing well.

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 03, 2017, 02:44:29 PM
All righty, Gnaarkill mate, things are looking better now. I was hit by a meningitis (mild) causing type of an enterovirus. Funnily enough, it's mostly harmless on children, but can be disabilitating (but also harmless) for adults. Well, the fewer and brain inflammation part of the symptoms have now passed and seems I just now have to live few days with itchy pox and blisters all over my hands, fingers and inside of my mouth. However, totally fine to play now. So, here's what I can offer for this coming week:

- Tuesday 16-19
- Thurdsay 16-19
- Friday 20-22
- Saturday/Sunday, suggest a time, I should be able to plan around it.

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Shit! :(
Im glad to hear that you are OK mate! Makes me think of how easy shit can hit the fan...
Anyway, im happy for you that you are on recovery!

Thursday @19 would suit me good. Deal? ;D

/Gnaarkill

Gnaarkill

Wow, now I see it Barm!

Wonderworlders... you're players are named after the wonders of the world! I get it now, only took me 4 match days... :P

/Gnaar "Einstein" Kill

Barmution

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 04, 2017, 10:36:31 AM
Wow, now I see it Barm!

Wonderworlders... you're players are named after the wonders of the world! I get it now, only took me 4 match days... :P

/Gnaar "Einstein" Kill

:D

hakos

Battle Report, Day 4

Sir,
Enemy sighted, this is clearly indians. They have feathers. We suspect they belong to the "Blue Feet" tribe. Initial report indicates that they are both very strong, fast and nimble. Also, our spies report that their shamans have prepared some kind of magical ritual. Ha, we do not believe in such heathen things.

We prepare a strong defense but before the fight start some locals throw rocks at us. Probably because we looted some enemy farms to restock. General Lee is knocked out for the first half of the battle. A heavy loss.

The indians attack using their superior speed. Some scouts break through our lines but the rest moves from side to side without finding any holes. Their are some skirmishes at the front line but nothing serious. In the meantime we use our cavalry to hunt down their scouts. It takes a couple tries but eventually we find them and hurt them enough so they stop to function as a fighting unit for the rest of the battle. At sunset the front lines are mostly the same as when starting.

Second day of the battle. We decide to take the initiative this time and find their base camp to burn it down. Once again the locals throw rocks but this time at both sides. A total of 10 brigades are temporarily disordered. 7 on their side, 3 on our side. It takes some time to get all formations set up but finally we are ready to move forward for real. Just when we are about to cross over to their territory the fires of hell are let loose on our troops. One entire cavalry unit is knocked out from the fire. Perhaps those scouts were correct after all. We need to find out how to create such a potent weapon.

In the normal fighting we invade their territory and our superior equipment is the difference. The enemy takes heavy losses. The goal is within sight. Four hours into the day and all goes according to the plan but just as we start to feel safe they show what they can do. Their heavy troops kills two of our rear guard brigades while their light troops carry out precision attacks towards prime target. Just before we reach their base camp they skillfully stop us but through some divine intervention we can regain the momentum again and finally reach their base camp to burn it to the ground.

Victory!

Signed, General William Sherman

That was the most intense match I have played for quite some time.

First half was relatively peaceful but the lizards were not able to get into our half of the field until turn 8 but then it was too late. Tied up his saurus with my zombies and they just took the damage without breaking. Also BH one of this skinks.

Second half I had the advantage and the kick-off event was a blow-out. Rocks, and 10 players are out. But since I failed to pick-up the ball I could not take full advantage. In turn 12 I had finally built a cage and were about to cross the LOS. Then he used his fireball but only got one ghoul. Got within striking distance and felt relatively safe but that is when the crazy stuff started to happen. In one turn he killed two zombies, though one got resurrected. In two other consecutive turns he got the ball free. The last time just outside his TD zone, the ball scattered out of field and at this point I was quite certain it would end 0-0. But when throwed back it went straight into the hands of one of my ghouls that managed to catch it despite being marked by a saurus. That was incredibly lucky. Next turn I could score easily after just one 2D block with block vs non-block.

Overall I definitely had more luck with the dices than the Lizards and got several more KO and BH which meant I could use my superior number to always tie down most of his players which made it very hard for him to do anything.

Good game anyway Lars, you fought hard and well.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 04, 2017, 10:29:36 AM
Thursday @19 would suit me good. Deal? ;D

I only make the best deals. Deals I make are great, they make NUL great again. This deal is great, it's the best deal.

See you on Thurdsay!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on December 04, 2017, 01:00:47 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 04, 2017, 10:36:31 AM
Wow, now I see it Barm!

/Gnaar "Einstein" Kill

:D

Haha! ;D

This is almost as big of a revelation as when you finally realize your name is BarMUTION and not BarMUTATION, haha :D

tags

Holy crap, two lasting injuries on two different saurii, that's a bad day at the office. Ok, -AG is probably not gonna matter much, but still :D

tags

Hey Equi, really sorry, but I'm going to be 15 min late, g/f with some bad timing  ::)

equilibri

Quote from: kvasilad on December 05, 2017, 06:42:38 PM
Hey Equi, really sorry, but I'm going to be 15 min late, g/f with some bad timing  ::)

No probs! Checked in here now, so I wait 15 min to go online.

See u soon!

//Eq

tags

Barmution

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 05, 2017, 09:41:48 AM
Haha! ;D

This is almost as big of a revelation as when you finally realize your name is BarMUTION and not BarMUTATION, haha :D
That likeness of words still haunts me in every new league or tourney...

Some of the swedes in Pouring Open even made it a point to deliberately call me Barmutation after seeing I corrected the sign up sheet on Facebook, the bastards :P

tags

"All right, now listen 'ere boys. Ol' Jimmy has had a little "chat" with the ref, yeah? So's when they're all set up and ready to receive the pigskin, we don't need to wait for no whistle, 'cause the ref might be too busy to tie his shoelaces right then to notice us slippin' past the line a little early, know what I mean? Cornelius here has been hittin' the gym real 'ard these last couple o' weeks, so he's gonna take care of that berserker on the corner there right? Just wait for his signal, and they'll never know what hit'em."

Beer Buddies win the toss, elect to receive, but they're hit with a blitz event, and the setup is just barely susceptible to a steal. It's a risky gambit, but I figure elves gonna elf, so I go all or nothing for the ball. My ST4 catcher luckily KO's a berserker off the edge with his blitz to make things even smoother. Unfortunately for me, the ball bounces 1 square away from the closest catcher, and I thought I was done for:

But first, Equi's pick-up failed, and the next turn, after he actually downed my carrier, he failed to dodge out after stealing back the ball. So yeah, Nuffle gave me a head start there.

"Goddamn, they lookin' real angry over there boss. Looks like they ate some of that red'n'white mushroom as well, crazy look in their eyes... oh shit, here they come!"

Second drive was a travesty for the elves. Solid blocks and armour breaks from the Norse removed several elves early, and the last attempt to put up a column defence ended abruptly when a line-elf rolled snake eyes for 2+ dodge with RR. That left an entire flank open, and I just let them roll over me at that point, not risking any more casualties than what I was forced to. Easy equalizer for Equilibri.

"Yeah... things not lookin' all that great, boss. Those crazy f'ers sure know how to throw a solid punch and a kick to the nuts... hey, I gots an idea. How's about we sets'em up a little... ruse, eh? Tell you what, you go act like you runnin' scared with the ball over there, and we play possums over here's, yeah? And then, when they least expect it, BAM! We hit'em with the ol' sand in the eyes, and we rush past'em! They'll never see it comin', they won't!"

Second half was my turn to receive, and I tried to methodically push a loose screen towards the end zone. I failed. Equilibri put up some very solid defence, and I was ultimately forced to either go with some crazy Hail Mary play or retreat with the carrier. Seeing no plausible way forward, as was my first instinct, I made a run for it towards my own end zone and tried to dodge away with what I had left. I did not really have a solid plan, but hoped that an opening would present itself. Lo and behold, I got this:

Empty backfield, 7 is prone, but red 3 (Cornelius Shea) is upright and is my st4 NoS catcher. I see the opportunity for a play here. Stand up 7, run towards 3 with my carrier for a short pass which succeeds, and 3 has a 2d blitz on blue 3 (Abbevor, berserker) for a mad dash towards the end zone. It succeeds, and I manage to go up 2-1 in the very last turn.

There's a riot as the last event, so Beer Buddies has a very real chance to equalize. I put up what I could defensively with the 6 players I had left standing at that point, and Nuffle decided it was enough.

As was agreed in the chat, a draw would've been the more fair result here. My first TD was mostly Nuffle. But damnit, I've had a couple of bad nufflings with this team, so I feel I was kinda due :D

Anyway, thanks for a fun match Equilibri! I guess none of us have much of a shot at the finals, but may season 29 be more fruitful :D