S28 FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, January 09, 2018, 02:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Oh, what a wonderful world where the wonders of the world can make it to the finals to meet the dead with death-proof battlefield strategery. Who will take the crown, who will be the first NUL champion of the Legendary BB2?

We shall find out, in a match between

WONDERWORLDERS and BROTHERS IN DEATH

Barm & Hakos, I'll create the finals league and send you the invites after my match with Napoleon this evening. Be prepared to rock it out!

J-Reedy

And the 2 team finals league is set, invites have been sent. Admission mode is Free, so you should be able to walk in even if you forget the invite on your nightstand.

Congrats to both of you, nicely done!

Barmution

I'm in. When do you want to get your revenge Hakos?

I can play tonight (Wed) starting between 1930 and 2100
Thu: 2000-2100
Fri: 1900-2200
Sat: 1200-1400
Sun: 1200-1300 + 2100

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Both teams have joined and competition has been started. So the Final is ready to play!

hakos

Sir,

Our campaign is proceeding well. We have met several local tribes in 7 intense battles. Only General Custer failed,  when meeting the Wonderworlders. He gave incorrect orders to our brigades causing us to be completely out manuevred and even allowed the enemy to cause irreparable damage to our artillery. And worst of all, he tried to cover it up for the public by not writing any official report of his actions. He has been demoted to Colonel due to this.

However, to his defence, we must add that this particular enemy has never been beaten. A remarkable achievement that shows the competence of their commander and the ability of their troops.

Our scouts have reported that the Wonderworlders have been seen in the west. We will seek them out to settle this once and for all.

General Grant

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on January 10, 2018, 08:20:15 AM

Cheers,
Barm

I'm in as well. Friday 19:30 would be a perfect fit for me.

By the way, in case of a draw after 16 turns, what happens now? Does it just continue or is there a new kick-off? I think this was changed between BB and BB2 but I do not remember what it is now.

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on January 10, 2018, 06:56:51 PM
Quote from: Barmution on January 10, 2018, 08:20:15 AM

Cheers,
Barm

I'm in as well. Friday 19:30 would be a perfect fit for me.

By the way, in case of a draw after 16 turns, what happens now? Does it just continue or is there a new kick-off? I think this was changed between BB and BB2 but I do not remember what it is now.

/hakos

Friday 19:30 it is, field marshal Hakos!

Bring your best men, we'll bring our best... things, I guess?

Draw after 16 turns means 4 more turns of overtime per team w sudden death rules, ie. 1st TD wins. If the match still is a draw then there is a random penalty kick modified by how many RRs you've got left. Penalty kick stuff is more than a bit lame, but it is what it is.

Cya on Friday!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on January 10, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

I think there is a new Kickoff with coin toss. The curious thing is that after the 8 turn sudden death overtime there will be a penalty shootout. I think I've been in this once against... Barmution? But that was in old BB2, don't know if Legendary has some new method.

Some discussion on the subject of penalties, it seems remaining rerolls can be the decider: https://steamcommunity.com/app/236690/discussions/0/496881136900150469/. However, couldn't find any info on Legendary edition changes (if any).

Barmution

J-R is right, it's 8 turns of sudden death OT but w a new coin flip to see who receives.

It was against me, J-R. And it's the same in Legendary.

hakos

Thanks, good to know.

Last time I was in overtime it was as Barmution described (old rule for BB1) but now (in BB2) there are new rules then.

/hakos

hakos

No overtime, but a very close game. 1-0 for the winner.

Black magic played a key role in this match.

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on January 12, 2018, 09:29:39 PM
No overtime, but a very close game. 1-0 for the winner.

Black magic played a key role in this match.

/hakos
Yeah, that was a Wizard straight from the school of Fission. 4/5 hit, 2 Cas and 1 KO, allowing the Wonderworlders to almost get away with the ball scot free. Except for a failed GFI that almost cost us an equalizer... but Nuffle insisted on another failed GFI, namely one that the Brothers' Ghoul needed to get into the End Zone.

Hakos played a great match and with the removal that finally kicked into gear in the last few rounds OT would've been a disaster for the Wonderworlders, but Nuffle in the form of a wizard wanted otherwise.

Thanks for a great match Hakos and gl next season!
Barm

hakos

Congratulations for the victory Barmution. Well deserved. I think I did what I could in this game, thouhgt I had you cornered a few times but you always turned it around. Very exciting match, all the way to the end. /hakos

tags

Wow, that sounds like a fireball for the ages! Congratulations!

Gnaarkill

Wow! Sure sounded like a fair and exciting final!

Congratulations to both of you. And a big up for the champ, Barmution! 8)