S29 Match Day 1

Started by tags, January 27, 2018, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

All right, time for a collection of moderately experienced teams to vie for the affection of the pigskin!

These are the contestants:
Beer Buddies United - Equilibri
Brothers in Death - Hakos
Capes Are Cool - J-Reedy
Crooked Crocs - Lars
Great Bretonn - Kvasilad
Kossar Catchers - NapoleonBlown-apart
Slowly we r0t - Gnaarkill
Wonderworlders - Barmution

tags

Equilibri, I'd prefer either Tuesday or Thursday afternoon/evening this coming week, do either of those days work for you?

hakos

Hello Barmution

Seems we have a final re-match very quickly this time.

My times are a bit limited this week but here is what I think might work

monday, start 19-20
wednesday, start 19-20
friday, start 19-21
sunday (feb 4th), start 14-19

By the way, good paint work, hope the tournament goes well for you.

/hakos

equilibri

Quote from: kvasilad on January 27, 2018, 06:05:42 PM
Equilibri, I'd prefer either Tuesday or Thursday afternoon/evening this coming week, do either of those days work for you?

Hi!

Thursday 1/2 should be a great day to play! Shall we say 19:00?

//Eq

tags

Quote from: equilibri on January 28, 2018, 01:06:01 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on January 27, 2018, 06:05:42 PM

Hi!

Thursday 1/2 should be a great day to play! Shall we say 19:00?

//Eq
Perfect! See you then

J-Reedy

Howdy ho, Lars. Guess it's better to get the worst matchup for me out of the way early, all those block+tacklers of your going against my dodgy blockless wonderds. Here are my OK starting times (CET):
- Tuesday 19-21
- Wednesday 19-21
- Friday 20 -23
- Saturday 12-late

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. Sunday should be quite free also if that is more to your liking but I may want to go to bed early to get some sleep before the Superbowl starts, so daytime would be preferred.

Lars

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 29, 2018, 07:42:20 AM
Howdy ho, Lars. Guess it's better to get the worst matchup for me out of the way early, all those block+tacklers of your going against my dodgy blockless wonderds. Here are my OK starting times (CET):
- Tuesday 19-21
- Wednesday 19-21
- Friday 20 -23
- Saturday 12-late

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. Sunday should be quite free also if that is more to your liking but I may want to go to bed early to get some sleep before the Superbowl starts, so daytime would be preferred.

Hello
I can play @  Tuesday 19
/Lars

Gnaarkill

Hiya Napoleon!

New season, new oppurtunities, hiyeay! :P

My preferable starting times are pretty much any weekday around 21.00.
Or an early start on saturday, around 11.00.
Sunday around 16.00 could do aswell ;D

Do you have any preferable day Napo? :)

/Gnaarkill

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Gnaarkill on January 29, 2018, 01:48:00 PM
Hiya Napoleon!

New season, new oppurtunities, hiyeay! :P

My preferable starting times are pretty much any weekday around 21.00.
Or an early start on saturday, around 11.00.
Sunday around 16.00 could do aswell ;D

Do you have any preferable day Napo? :)

/Gnaarkill
Hello, Gnaarkill.

Would Sunday at 16:00 be okay? I'm afraid I'm not free over the week days due to Mount and Blade events, and I'm going out on Saturday.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Lars on January 29, 2018, 10:07:53 AM

Hello
I can play @  Tuesday 19
/Lars

OK, today @19 is good for me too. See you later today!

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on January 28, 2018, 10:21:57 AM
Hello Barmution

Seems we have a final re-match very quickly this time.

My times are a bit limited this week but here is what I think might work

monday, start 19-20
wednesday, start 19-20
friday, start 19-21
sunday (feb 4th), start 14-19

By the way, good paint work, hope the tournament goes well for you.

/hakos

Hi Hakos and thanks for the compliment on the team!

Did reasonably ok-ish (2-3-1 record, 23rd of 50) considering I had to face 3 wood elves and 1 dark elf as human and there was a lot of great guys there, so I was pretty content with that. If you count Brets as Tier 1 (and most seem to do after this tourney) I ended up as the 2nd best Tier2+ team in the tourney. Behind some Ogres, just to crap on my silver lining ;)

I think Friday at 19 seems like the best option for me this week, if that's still good for you?

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Hi

Ok, let's plan for friday at 19.

Just a notice, I might have to say no later in the week due to some uncertainties but I will know latest on thursday evening. But right now it looks ok to play on friday at 19.

BR/ Hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on January 30, 2018, 01:23:07 PM
Hi

Ok, let's plan for friday at 19.

Just a notice, I might have to say no later in the week due to some uncertainties but I will know latest on thursday evening. But right now it looks ok to play on friday at 19.

BR/ Hakos
Sounds good. As long as I get advance warning I'm pretty flexible.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Yup, vamps don't seem to be a good team for my blood pressure; these caped crusaders just can't get a good start. Match started with a shallow kick and blitz, and suddenly there were 2 sauri and 2 skinks surrounding the ball lying on the sideline. Some wrestling ensued, ball got thrown over sideline and flew back to center where two skinks were waiting. And thus it was 1-0. Second kickoff, perfect defence, and suddenly there are six sauri on the LOS. Attack halted, some skulls were shown on both sides and first half was over. On the 2nd half skulls just kept on going but I managed to land a blitz on the ball-carrier skink. Ball bounced to a cover skink who caught it. Few dodges and it was 2-0. Desperate struggle for SPP ensued. Two passing 1s later, the match was over. I'm not saying I was frustrated, but I didn't have to go to the kitchen to reheat my cup of tea, the steam rising from my head kept the brew nice and warm.

Good game from Lars, no mistakes and he overcame some gfi 1s nicely. Good luck in rest of the games!

Lars

J-Reedy thanks for the match you had a quite big up-hill battle from that first blitz, but yo did fight on but the dice was quite bad for both players during the entire match, causing quite many slipped GFI's and double skulls.

/Lars