S29 Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, February 17, 2018, 02:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

First match of week played and due to some evil dice and fast lizards the match ended with a 3-0 win for the lizards.

Napoleon played a pretty solid game but had a bit to much going against him hope that you get luckier in the future.

/Lars

J-Reedy

Quote from: equilibri on February 21, 2018, 05:30:36 PM
Hi!

This weekend is not possible for me to play because of work, so how does next week look for you?
//Eq

Well, Tuesday or Wednesday 17-20 and Thursday 16-18.30 should be possible. Don't know yet about the weekend.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on February 20, 2018, 02:39:00 PM
Quote from: hakos on February 20, 2018, 01:56:34 PM
Interesting, have never played against Bretonns before.

Unfortunately I'm busy both days and evenings this week. Earliest time is friday at 19 but if possible I would prefer sometime during the weekend. Most things are movable in the weekend so feel free to propose a time that suits you.

BR/ Hakos

Bretonns? They're the most fendy people you'll ever meet! :P

Weekend is doable, I'd prefer a start around 12 (noon) CET either Saturday or Sunday, if that works for you.

Ok, weekend it is. I think sunday would be better than saturday so lets go for Sunday @ 12.

/hakos

equilibri

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 22, 2018, 07:15:28 AM
Quote from: equilibri on February 21, 2018, 05:30:36 PM
Hi!

This weekend is not possible for me to play because of work, so how does next week look for you?
//Eq

Well, Tuesday or Wednesday 17-20 and Thursday 16-18.30 should be possible. Don't know yet about the weekend.

Great!

Lets try tuesday at 18:00?

//Eq

J-Reedy

Quote from: equilibri on February 22, 2018, 04:17:19 PM
Great!

Lets try tuesday at 18:00?

//Eq

That's a date, see you on Tuesday!

tags

Quote from: hakos on February 22, 2018, 01:07:40 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 20, 2018, 02:39:00 PM
Quote from: hakos on February 20, 2018, 01:56:34 PM
Interesting, have never played against Bretonns before.

Unfortunately I'm busy both days and evenings this week. Earliest time is friday at 19 but if possible I would prefer sometime during the weekend. Most things are movable in the weekend so feel free to propose a time that suits you.

BR/ Hakos

Bretonns? They're the most fendy people you'll ever meet! :P

Weekend is doable, I'd prefer a start around 12 (noon) CET either Saturday or Sunday, if that works for you.

Ok, weekend it is. I think sunday would be better than saturday so lets go for Sunday @ 12.

/hakos

Sounds good!

Barmution

Nothing much to be said here except for this being a really eventful match. Truly a horrendous one for Gnaar development wise considering the injury and death on the NWs who were both results of Tyra the Warpstone Troll being the target of 1d and -2d blocks. She just wanted to be left alone.

Thanks for the match and sorry for the damage, Gnaar. That was some of the worst injury luck I've seen in a bit.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Another exhilerating draw, featuring the death and resurrection of Big Bert!

A lot of things happened here, Hakos chose to kick, and it seems like a solid choice. I tried to get past the brick wall of strengths, but ultimately failed. Had a decent shot at a pass, but didn't pan out. Went for the fireball to get the ball loose, but double-failed the pick-up. I did manage to hold the score to 0-0 until half-time, but only barely.

Imagining losing to a slow 1-0 grind, the kick-off event came up Blitz. And boy, did that work out. A couple of bret blitzers (who all come with catch) snuck into the backfield, including one being able to place himself under the ball, and promptly caught it. A surprising 1-0 to the brets early in the second half.

Second drive of the second half was textbook stuff from Hakos, and I was not even close to stopping the equalizer. There were a few turns left after that though, where I genuinely thought there were possibilities, but ultimately nothing worked out.

1-1 seems like a fair result in the end, thanks for the game!

hakos

Yeah, thanks for the game, in the end a draw was the right result but I think we both cursed our luck at a couple of key moments in the game. This sure could have ended any way.

You did neutralize my mummies very well, though.

/Hakos

tags

Quote from: Barmution on February 24, 2018, 12:50:08 PM
Nothing much to be said here except for this being a really eventful match. Truly a horrendous one for Gnaar development wise considering the injury and death on the NWs who were both results of Tyra the Warpstone Troll being the target of 1d and -2d blocks. She just wanted to be left alone.

Thanks for the match and sorry for the damage, Gnaar. That was some of the worst injury luck I've seen in a bit.
-Barm

Do any of you perchance remember what inducement Gnaarkill got in that match? Trying to parse XML, where it is revealed that it was indeed inducement type "3", but annoyingly, it doesn't show up when viewing the replay in-game.

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on February 25, 2018, 10:06:56 PM
Do any of you perchance remember what inducement Gnaarkill got in that match? Trying to parse XML, where it is revealed that it was indeed inducement type "3", but annoyingly, it doesn't show up when viewing the replay in-game.
+1 RR (extra training).
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Barmution on February 26, 2018, 08:18:07 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 25, 2018, 10:06:56 PM
+1 RR (extra training).
Thanks!

J-Reedy

Well, hot digity and slam me in a socker with a stinking sock if this match against Equilibri's norse team wasn't one of the most exciting and zaniest games ever. Excitement! Danger! Deaths - well, a death! Beer! All that an exciting Blood Bowl match needs. Except for touchdowns...

Vampires start the first half on attack. High kick, vamp under the ball, catch. All good. First roll, bloodlust forces the vamp to stay deep and suck on covering lineman. Some norse go down. Then they get up and KO two thralls. Playboy vampire Bruce Wayne breaks through ready to receive if needed. No pass is a coming, so he goes little bit deeper. Wham, something hairy smacks into him and he is pushed back. Hairy thing keeps on pushing and Bruce finds himself off the field. Vampire coach finds himself seriously undermanned and tries desperately to A) find some cover and B) get the ball to vamp behind enemy lines. Some cover is found, but two passing attempts made drop to the feet of the passer to be. Some scrimmage follows which results in norse ball-carrier being a blitz away from scoring at the final turn. Vampire coach goes for the most desperate of plays: he tries to jinx the norse block roll. Success! Double skulls ends the 1st half.

Second half, riot, one lost turn. Ball lands next to sideline near midfield. Norse runner gets cover and just makes it to pick up the ball. Darth Vader rolls in and hypnoes one of the covering lines which gives our playboy vamp a blitz on the ball-carrier. He goes down but not out due to fancy sidestepping, probably picked up during childhood ballet or tap dancing classes that his mother forced him to attend. Following turns: vampires secure the ball, norse player is taken off the field. norse blitz the carrier down, ball is on the ground. Repeat this two or three times. Then suddenly something happens, probably the pre-match ales that the norse downed kick in and they go on overdrive. Darth Vader, after managing to pick up a bouncing ball on a 3rd try, finds himself being carried off the field with a sudden case of death. A doctor is alerted, who succesfully punches Vader back to life, but unfortunately manages to remove Vader's eye in the process. Luckily for mr. Vader, he finds some inner force to heal the eye spontaniously. Meanwhile, at the field, norse have secured the ball dropped by Vader and have passed it close to other sideline. No vampires or thralls in sight. Vampires and thralls respond by hightailing it to cover positions and sending a lone thrall to blitz the carrier. Luckily the thrall in question happened to be wrestling champ of his agricultural college before joining the team, so the norse carrier actually goes down. Wrestler champ picks up the ball. Then he goes down, norse get the ball. Then norse goes down. Vamps need a pass for a chance to score, so thrall is sent to scoring position. Then something hairy smacks into the thrall waiting for the ball. Game is decided. Playing without pressure vampires KO two norse and make a succesfull pass. Dictionary defitination of too much too late. Or something like that. Crazy game that truly ebbed and flowed. Good game from Equilibri, he really dominated the 1st half.