Season 30 Match Day 1

Started by tags, April 17, 2018, 10:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

Quote from: hakos on April 20, 2018, 08:32:55 PM
What a start. Facing the reigning champions immediately.

I can play any time this weekend.

Next week monday evening could work, after that it is a bit more uncertain.

/hakos

Hello hakos shall we play tomorrow sunday at 19:00

/Lars

hakos

Tomorrow at 19 sounds excellent /hakos

tags

Quite the lopsided affair, served up by Nuffle. J-R's dice were nightmarish all around, with the exception of ball handling, which was actually decent.

Brets took out so many players through incredible block/armour/injury dice early that the Caped ones actually had 11 players in the dugout at one point!

So as J-R is probably used to hearing by now: Thanks for the match and sorry for the nuffling.

Gnaarkill

Yo Napoleon, are you on your way? :)

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Gnaarkill on April 22, 2018, 02:04:33 PM
Yo Napoleon, are you on your way? :)
Yeah, sorry about the delay. My game is freezing when I try to launch it, and it keeps on saying it isn't responding. :/ I have verified integrity of game cache, and it didn't pick anything up.

Gnaarkill

Hmm strange. Do you want to reschedule the game or try a little bit more to fix the problem?
I can wait to about 14.30 :)

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Gnaarkill on April 22, 2018, 02:11:23 PM
Hmm strange. Do you want to reschedule the game or try a little bit more to fix the problem?
I can wait to about 14.30 :)
I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the game, and it will take about 25 minutes.We could try for the match then, but there is no guarantee that it will fix the problem, so we can reschedule the game if that would be more convenient. It's up to you, really.

Gnaarkill

Hmm, ok yea i think maybe a reschedule is more convenient for me since i have to go away at around 16.00 today.

How does your week look?

I can play more or less from 21.00 monday - wednesday next week :)

NapoleonBlown-apart

How about Tuesday at 21:00? Really sorry about this problem, by the way. I think there has been an update since I last played it, so it could have been that.

Gnaarkill

Sure!

Let's aim for tuesday then!
No problem napoleon. Technical shit happens! Hope you will solve the problem. See you on tuesday then and hope you can play! :)

NapoleonBlown-apart

Yeah, I'll try to get this fixed. Thanks for being so understanding, and see you on Tuesday. :)

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on April 22, 2018, 12:57:58 PM
Quite the lopsided affair, served up by Nuffle. J-R's dice were nightmarish all around, with the exception of ball handling, which was actually decent.

Brets took out so many players through incredible block/armour/injury dice early that the Caped ones actually had 11 players in the dugout at one point!

So as J-R is probably used to hearing by now: Thanks for the match and sorry for the nuffling.

Jog done and head cleared now. Thanks for the match, and I also must thank you for adding the dice analyzer into the reporter. I now finally have some prove that Nuffle is toying with this vamp team and I may get a court case built against the bugger with all the proof the reporter is piling up!
Yeah, being two men down after the first turn is not the promising start, but at least I managed to get something done at points in the game. Really couldn't do anything against your first attack. Would've had a decent chance for TD on my 1st attack, but your wizard did a good job there for you. My 2nd attack was stopped by those two Blood Lust stuns on my turn and your excellent situational reading in putting pressure on my ball-carrier. Very nicely played defence, thought I must admit my vamps are at least partly to blame as they helped create that 11 players on the dugout situation by KO'ing 2 thralls. At least I got the 1d chance at your carrier before you scoring. I guess that's the curse of the vamps, they really make you feel like you can get something done with just 4 players on the field and thus you keep playing them hoping for the one match with average dice. Just like my guys propped up my hopes in this game by scoring the consolation TD on the last 2 turns. Well played, Kvasiman, thanks again for the friendly match (as I don't consider killing 2 of my thralls an unfriendly act but just a normal part of life).
'

hakos

Brothers in Death vs Crooked Crocs ended 2-1 after a very one-sided match.

Nuffle decided this match completely by allowing a massacre of the Lizards. First half ended with 3 BH and 3 KO from the Lizard team. Second half ended with 5 BH in total and probably some KO as well. Nothing for them to do.

Lizards got a 2 turn defensive goal in the beginning of the second half when I failed 4 pick-up rolls (2 pick-up with RR) in a row. But that means Nuffle was on the dead side for the other 14 turns.

Stonewall Jackson was a one man army, removing almost all skinks by himself.

Sorry for this game Lars, I felt embarrased of all the good luck I had. Nothing you could do.

Lars: Can't get bb2replayer 1.02 to work, can you report the match?

Kvasilad: Tried to report with 0.9.1 but failed and the program hanged. Then I tried to install 1.02 and succeeded after the installer program had to kill the old bb2replaye process. But could not start bb2replayer at all, after some frustrated clicks my computer was completely locked, could not even press ctrl-alt-del. After the hard reboot the file system was corrupt so chkdsk was needed to be able to start again. After starting I removed 5 old versions of bb2replayer plus the new one and then installed 1.02 again. But it still does not start. The process start and just eats more and more memory but nothing happens. Any advice?

BR/ Hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on April 22, 2018, 09:48:48 PM
Kvasilad: Tried to report with 0.9.1 but failed and the program hanged. Then I tried to install 1.02 and succeeded after the installer program had to kill the old bb2replaye process. But could not start bb2replayer at all, after some frustrated clicks my computer was completely locked, could not even press ctrl-alt-del. After the hard reboot the file system was corrupt so chkdsk was needed to be able to start again. After starting I removed 5 old versions of bb2replayer plus the new one and then installed 1.02 again. But it still does not start. The process start and just eats more and more memory but nothing happens. Any advice?

Oh wow, first of all sorry, that is obviously quite far from the intended behaviour. To separate a couple of things:
* No idea why the old one hung (0.9.1). It completely locked up? I've not experienced that before. Did it show the main window first? Did you get a status message in the bottom row?
* As for removing several old versions... yeah, that's a confirmed bug in my installer from old versions. Anything from 1.x onwards should remove old versions, but the old ones didn't. This is, however, quite benign, and I'm quite sure it is not related to hangs/crashes.
* 1.0.2: Define "does not start". Does it not even show a single window? I'm having huge problems explaining that behaviour, as the main window should be displayed before any heavy lifting is done. The 1.x versions were the first to introduce multi-threaded processing, so it is not unthinkable there may be bugs that consume a lot of memory in some corner cases. But if the program did not start and thus produced no logs at all, I'm a bit stumped. If you're willing to try some debugging, I can of course build some extra debug-enabled executables that start printing stuff to console before anything else happens.

Lars

rough one for me the armor was breaking all the time

/Lars