Season 30 Match Day 2

Started by tags, April 17, 2018, 10:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Howdy, welcome back from vacation. I figured it was something like that.

Friday at 21 would work but saturday at 10 would be absolutely perfect for me so let's go for that.

/Hakos

Thank you! ;D

Cool, bring your best coffee and your favourite morning slippers! See you on saturday m8 :D

/Gnaarkill

Barmution

That was a sad joke of a match if I've ever seen one. Sorry about the nuffling, Lars. This was just... horrific.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

A tough start for me this season from winner to punching bag with alot of MNG both in first match and this one hope i will recover and go with a full team of Sauri and Krox in round 4.

/Lars

tags

Wow, that was a painful one. First half, the dice were about even, there were some back-and-forth moments.

Second half was an ever-worsening nightmare. It is actually the single biggest difference between team luck I've seen so far, and all of that basically diverged in the second half. Absolutely nothing worked, while my guys were bleeding all over the dugout. Only 1 of my 4 blitzers were left on the field, and out of them, my most experienced blitzer suffered -ST apo Dead. Interestingly, I chose Dead as I knew I would fire him anyway, but the game wouldn't let me.

Either way, thanks for the game Napoleon, you played well, but that was a challenging game for me to enjoy. Through no fault of yours, of course.

The graph from luck analyser really tells the story:

Barmution

Wow, 2 major nufflings in one MD so far. Poor Anselme.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Ok, so I'll just do a quick post here. Kind of exhausted after a 2,5h marathon match against the legendary Hakos and his Brothers 8)

One of the best matches I have ever played, it had everything. Intense action and deep tactics! ;D
Thank you Hakos and good luck inte the rest of the season!

hakos

Yeah, it sure was a good and intense match all the way. 1-1 was quite fair.

Dices about even, no permanent damages worth mentioning, positioning and tactics played a big role.

Nurgle coach used his inducement wisely and got a huge strength advantage. Two st5 and 5 st4 was difficult to face. On the other hand, two st6 mummies were probably not that easy to handle either. Lots of blocks and block skill was a key skill.

Nurgle started on the offensive and played it very safe until I overextended trying to get the ball, then he made a spearhead into my terrirtory and scored in his turn 6.

I got 3 turns to try to get the equalizer and a heavy right flank attack was close to succeeding. In the end I needed to dodge twice and do one block. All with my Blodge/Dodge ghoul and RR left. But the first dodge failed.

Second half the Brothers army made a slow and sure advance, was playing for the equalizer in the second half since I had not managed to get any number or strength advantage in first half. Scored in my turn 15.

Nurgle got two turns, I made a mistake and he got a really good chance to score the winning goal. But he failed a key GFI.

End result 1-1.

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill, you played well today.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Well, if the folks who came to see the Hawks vs Capes game really got a whopper of a game. 5 TDs, 2 deaths, long pass to settle the game, this game had it all. And some nuffling too:

Overall match luck shows in favor of the elfs, but situational dice luck really settled the game. Equi rerolled doubleskulls into doubleskulls, failed too many dodges (as the move luck shows) and botched a pickup, so the agility play was really unelfish. However, in the end we got a good game. Equi played really well, excellent even considering he was 1 man down from the 1st turn onwards. 1st drive was a typical slow advance from bashier team, in this case vamps. Still had to score bit early on turn 5 I think as Equi got decent pressure on the ball and my thralls were dwindling down. Elfs' 1st drive started by some Joker in the crowd throwing a rock at Bruce Wayne the vamp which KO'd him out. After that, some bloodlusts and injuries made the defence too hard against elfs and Equi scored a nice equilizer. End of half. Elfs start their 2nd drive and this is when the doubleskulls happen. Vamps get upperhand at the line and King Presley gets behind the elf line. Elfs get the ball and put a line to protect the carrier, but hypnotic gaze opens up a dodging blitz for Presley. Ball-carrier down, Presley gets the ball, takes a blitz and stays on his feet and then blitzes to the endzone. 2-1 for vamps. Elfs setup again and get three players behind the vamp line. Vamps try to mark down every potential receiver but no use. Equi draws up a really nice handoff and a pass play to a player standing in the TD zone. Game tied. Looked like a strong possibility for a draw at this point but Capes have their secret weapon in that passing and brooding vamp they call Bruce. Presley and dr. Strange get deep, Bruce goes to pick up the ball, runs forward a bit and long passes to dr. Strange who goes for it twice and scores. Some bashing ensues which results in an unexpected opportunity for the Capes' famous vampire apothecary to do some work on a thrall. But as the treatment of vampires is bit different from your average humans, the treatment damn near kills the poor thrall.

@Kvasilad: First time I had some time to take a look at your new version of the reporter. I must say that it is fantastic. The play by play view and dice analyzer are just too awesome for words to describe. Thank you for spoiling us with this tool of totally radical awesomeness!

tags

Thanks for the kind words :)