Season 31 Match Day 1

Started by tags, August 13, 2018, 01:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Ladies and gentlemen! Living and recently deceased! Growing and decaying! Big and small! Green, blue or otherwise!

Welcome all, to the 31st season of the Norsca Union League!

A spectacular assortment of teams will compete for this season's trophy, and what they lack in experience, surely they will make up for with enthusiasm and creativity! And, err... in some cases, chainsaws!

Break a leg, everyone!

These are the contestants:
Ball, Bounce and Beyond - Barmution
Butcher's Bay Pirates - Gnaarkill
Dis Thing of Ours - J-Reedy
Khemri Astronauts - NapoleonBlown-apart
My little Hashut - Saitani
Nimble Feets - Hakos
Punk Rock Rotters - Lars
Radio Rangers - Kvasilad

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL31:1

Yes, it is true, "The Legends" is back to cover NUL. You read it here first. There are some changes, we have kicked our statisticians, because, let's face it, facts are boring. For this season we have hired only the best, a fortune teller, an economist, a bookie and a self proclaimed expert from the audience. With this setup we expect to bring you the best speculation you can find anywhere, nothing less. Let's dive into the first matches of the season.

Match 1 – Butchers's Bay Pirates (Goblin) vs Dis Thing of Ours (Underworld Denizens)
Let's start with important stuff, why are the pirates not called Buccaneers? What a missed chance of alliteration if we have ever seen one. This is a match for the audience with 2 goblin teams facing off. There is no way of predicting what will happen so we asked our fortune teller. His answer: "fun, fun, fun in da sun." Hmm, probably too much smoke there. Also, our bookie refuses to put any odds on the match, his only answer: "You do not bet against the Camorra". Our sources tell us that we can expect 16 goblins, secret weapons, Skavens who hate goblins and no less than three trolls on the field at the same time. Chaos and fun will ensue.

Match 2 – Ball, Bounce and Beyond (Kislev) vs Khemri Astronauts (Khemri)
Ah, here we have proper alliteration. Good work. This will be a show of two extremes in action. The bouncy, leapy kislev versus the least agile team of them all, the Khemri. Will the astronauts just see empty space where it once was a Kislev player? Or will it be a match up in the air? According to our bookie the Kislev coach Barmution, ah nice the alliteration continues, rarely loses a match so he only gives 1:1,1 in odds. Our expert, on the other hand, believes in the strength of the Khemri: "They have had high altitude training and four strength five guys versus just one, how can they lose?".

Match 3 – Punk Rock Rotters (Nurgle) vs My Little Hashut (Chaos Dwarfs)
Time for some raw strength, heavy armor, thick heads and generally hard to kill players. This is the match to watch for those that prefer all-in bashing only shortly interrupted by actual ball handling. Time to welcome an oriental team from the far east and their coach Saitani. Funny hats, nice looking beards, big bare muscled men, ahem, males, they sure arrive in style. Style is not a word commonly associated with a Nurgle team but they do bring with them a special sort of, shall we say, look. Once again we ask our fortune teller what will happen in this match: "Oriental weed, best weed there is, punk is out of style". Hmm, let's hear from the economist: "Classic case of branding, combining two target audiences (Nurgle fans and Punk fans) in the name will ensure they get double the income from the audience and income is all that matters".

Match 4 – Nimble Feets (Wood Elves) vs Radio Rangers (Lizardmen)
This could be the match to watch for those fans that are more interested in speed and ball handling. However, the strongest team versus the most fragile team might also produce some entertaining splats. According to our bookie, the Radio Rangers are the number one favorites to win the whole season. Their coach is quite experienced and has returned to his favorite race that he previously had great success with in NUL. Our expert does not like the chances for the woodies either: "What have they done, only one war dancer? It is the best player you can have in your team and they only take one when they are allowed two. That coach is surely crazy".

Barmution

Yay, return of "the Legends" and with gusto! Muchly appreciated, Hakos  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Saitani

Well time to smack some nurglings around ! When can you play your game Lars?

tags

Love to see a new issue of Legends! :)

I can probably play
Today (Tuesday) 20+
Thursday 20+
Friday 17+

After that, I may be away for a week of delayed vacation.

J-Reedy

Nice article, Hakos! The family approves.

Gnaarkill, I'm going to make you an offer on CEST gaming times you can't refuse (actually you can):
- Wednesday 18-20.30
- Friday 20-
- Sunday any time before 18

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on August 14, 2018, 08:19:20 AM

I can probably play
Today (Tuesday) 20+
Thursday 20+
Friday 17+

Tonight might work, will know around 17 and can post again at that time.

Thursday at 20 will definitely work.

Friday at 18-20 will also definitely work.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on August 14, 2018, 10:01:34 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 14, 2018, 08:19:20 AM

I can probably play
Today (Tuesday) 20+
Thursday 20+
Friday 17+

Tonight might work, will know around 17 and can post again at that time.

Thursday at 20 will definitely work.

Friday at 18-20 will also definitely work.

/hakos

I think Thursday at 20 is perfect, so let's book that :)

hakos

Ok, thursday at 20 it is /hakos

Lars

Quote from: Saitani on August 13, 2018, 09:05:15 PM
Well time to smack some nurglings around ! When can you play your game Lars?

I can play on Wednesday from 19:00 or Thursday from 19:00

/Lars

Saitani

Thursday 19.00 cet should work :)

Lars

Barmution

Hey Napoleon, time to smack my Kislevites around :D

I can play tonight (Wed) or tomorrow starting between 1900 and 2100 UTC+2/CEST. Then it's early Sat or early/late Sunday.

Any preferences?
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Barmution on August 15, 2018, 12:50:02 PM
Hey Napoleon, time to smack my Kislevites around :D

I can play tonight (Wed) or tomorrow starting between 1900 and 2100 UTC+2/CEST. Then it's early Sat or early/late Sunday.

Any preferences?
-Barm
Hello, Barm. It should be an interesting match. My team can't pick up the ball, and your team has to roll 3+ quite often.

Tomorrow at 19:00 would be good if that works for you.

Barmution

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on August 15, 2018, 09:13:48 PM
Hello, Barm. It should be an interesting match. My team can't pick up the ball, and your team has to roll 3+ quite often.

Tomorrow at 19:00 would be good if that works for you.
Cool, it's a date :)