Season 31 Match Day 1

Started by tags, August 13, 2018, 01:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on August 18, 2018, 11:13:26 PM
I've ordered a new power supply. It is estimated to arrive 22nd-23rd of August, so I should be able to install it by next weekend.
Ok, cool. Unless somebody really wants the week rolled I suggest we postpone our match to next weekend then.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

I think everyone in this league is pretty relaxed about the schedule... within reason. I, for one, would like to see as many matches as possible played properly at least :)

I'm suddenly leaving for Venice and won't be back until 26th, so I'm certainly in no rush.

hakos

In general I like the rule about ~1 week per match day. If it regularly drags on for too long it would lower the motivation for me.

But, I also think that it is ok to have some match days take ~two weeks when there are special circumstances. i.e. should not happen that often.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on August 14, 2018, 09:49:03 AM
Nice article, Hakos! The family approves.

Gnaarkill, I'm going to make you an offer on CEST gaming times you can't refuse (actually you can):
- Wednesday 18-20.30
- Friday 20-
- Sunday any time before 18

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Sorry for the absence here!
Everything is coming back to normal for me and today is my first day at work :P

This is my ok starting times this week:
Today: 21 - 22
Tuesday: 20 - 22
Wednesday: 21 - 22
Thursday: No go
Friday: 20 - late
Saturday: preferable early start from 10 -
Sunday: from 13 -

/Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gnaarkill on August 20, 2018, 08:51:31 AM
This is my ok starting times this week:
Wednesday: 21 - 22

That would be the best for me, at 21.00. So I'll be there on Wednesday unless I hear otherwise from you.

Sunday at 13 would probably be a good backup time.

Gnaarkill

Cool J-R!

Wednesday @21 it is and sunday as backup!
See you on the pitch m8! ;D

/Gnaar

Gnaarkill

Ok, so the season opener for both the goblins and their darker cousins in the underworld have been played and ended in a fair win for the mobsters in Dis Thing of Ours.

I was really impressed by J-R's play this match. He did his math spot on, on several plays including mine :D and played with solid confidence. Well done J-R! Impressive play! 8)

/Gnaarkill

Barmution

Hey Napoleon, any news regarding your PC and our match?

I can play tomorrow Sunday, starting between 11.00 and 13.00 or at 21.00 GMT/UTC+2.

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Unfortunately, the power supply upgrade didn't fix the issue. It turns out that my GPU is overheating. The GPU fans don't seem to be working, which is causing the temperature to keep on rising until my computer shuts down. I do not know when I will be able to resolve this, but I will have to concede this match to move the league forward. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Barmution

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on August 25, 2018, 04:48:10 PM
Unfortunately, the power supply upgrade didn't fix the issue. It turns out that my GPU is overheating. The GPU fans don't seem to be working, which is causing the temperature to keep on rising until my computer shuts down. I do not know when I will be able to resolve this, but I will have to concede this match to move the league forward. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorry to hear that, mate. Best of luck with resolving the issue.

-Barm

tags

Unfortunate stuff, hope you get that fixed Napo!

The match is admin'ed in BB&B's favour, match day forwarded