Season 32 Match Day 1

Started by tags, October 26, 2018, 06:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Quote from: Gnaarkill on October 31, 2018, 09:06:50 AM
Heh... guess so, but in reality it is probably more something like this ;)
Think I met a couple of Italians like that during the weekend. Don't get me wrong tho, I fancy the odds for winning. It's just that gobbos have the means to go for the nuts and murderize you in creative ways while losing :P
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Yikes!

I did not realize I had that big a dice advantage until I saw the numbers. Not a word of complaint from Lars either, so I guess I just didn't pay enough attention.

Anyway, the game wasn't quite as lopsided as the end result implies. The first drive was pretty much textbook, hard to stop Lizards when they receive and field a full squad of skinks. The second drive gave me a very opportune blitz event, which really decided much of the game. I went all-in for the ball, and after some scuffling and some very good dice for me, a lone skink came away with the pigskin and ran it in.

In the 2nd half, the attack got stuffed, again by some very fortunate blocks for me (should've gotten the memo by that point), and the ball was knocked free. Didn't really think I could score, but a lucky block against my side-steppin' ball carrier actually got him just within scoring range. And miraculously, none of the two GFI's as he crossed into the end zone failed.

To top off what must've been a horribly frustrating game for Lars, he blocked a skink with his beast in garbage time, and chose both down. The skink was fine, but the beast caught an MNG in the dying moments of a settled game. That's some seriously symbolic insult-to-injury adding right there.

So yeah, thanks for the game, and for being an impressively good sport (I would've been whining if I had been on the other side of those dice). Better luck in the future!

hakos

are there any plans for the final match? /hakos

Barmution

Pretty sure anybody who watches this travesty will disagree on the chorfs being the extra unlucky ones here but match was an utter shitshow for both parties without doubt.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Well, that's gotta be close to a record for sum of shitty luck for both teams, at least.

I guess move rolls often are more important per dice than block/armor/injury/casualty. Maybe there should be some weighting there, but I'm not sure by how much. Maybe I should figure out strongest correlation to wins by luck category :D

Anyway, match day forwarded.

Saitani

Barmution had SHIT leap dice like he failed like 6+ 2+ leaps he did manage to stop the t8 td for me with a 2 die uphill blitz in a cage. and alamost managed to get the ball to the other side but then came the ones.
LEts just say that this game would have really changed if he managed to catch the ball on the blitz he got then the game would have been completely onesided. it also helped that i fouled away his krox on t1 with my dirty playaer hobo.

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on November 04, 2018, 04:20:31 PM
Well, that's gotta be close to a record for sum of shitty luck for both teams, at least.

I guess move rolls often are more important per dice than block/armor/injury/casualty. Maybe there should be some weighting there, but I'm not sure by how much. Maybe I should figure out strongest correlation to wins by luck category :D

Anyway, match day forwarded.
Poor armor and injury dice don't cause turnovers and neither does non-knockover block dice. That makes a huge difference as to the impact on the match. You can theoretically win even if you roll only pushes and both downs but only 1s and 2s on agility rolls will ruin most teams' games. Not saying that you should do any weighing tbh, as with all statistics the interpretation is key and I think people here know how to read the luck values.