Khemri Astronauts - NapoleonBlown-apart
My little Hashut - Saitani
Nimble Feets - Hakos
Punk Rock Rotters - Lars
Radio Rangers - Kvasilad
Too Stup...born to Die - J-Reedy

tags

MD3 is on!

...but my availability this week is sketchy. I think Monday 2030 is my first opportunity, then Tuesday 18+. I'll be back with more times later.

J-Reedy

Forum was out a bit as site host updated PHP version and the current forum software doesn't support PHP 7.2. Site is now running on 5.2 which is possible until start of December when the host's PHP support drops 5.2.
So, basically I need to update the forum by December. If anyone has experience on Simple Machines Forum (SMF) or can recommend some other easy to use forum software, I'm happy to take some hints. I'm not really familiar with that stuff as I inherited the site admin from Mr B, who inherited it from Mr Slade.

But anyways, site should work now at least until December.

As to the matchday, Hakos, time to see if my guys are too stup...born to dance along to the whims of your quick ones. I'm bit limited this week due to hockey match and Fallout boardgaming, but I can offer you these CET start times:
- Wednesday 18-20
- Saturday any time after 10
- Sunday probably any time before 14

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. If not, I won't be able to say anything definate about next week until Sunday but Tuesday/Wednesday should be OK.

Saitani

well we can come back to that later.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on November 13, 2018, 05:31:08 PM
Forum was out a bit as site host updated PHP version and the current forum software doesn't support PHP 7.2. Site is now running on 5.2 which is possible until start of December when the host's PHP support drops 5.2.
So, basically I need to update the forum by December. If anyone has experience on Simple Machines Forum (SMF) or can recommend some other easy to use forum software, I'm happy to take some hints. I'm not really familiar with that stuff as I inherited the site admin from Mr B, who inherited it from Mr Slade.

But anyways, site should work now at least until December.

Hmm, I have fiddled around a bit with PHP, although I have no idea about forums in general or SMF in particular. BB2Replayer site runs PHP 7.1.22, but the PHP on there is very very basic. If you have a staging area I'd be happy to take a look at current failures and exceptions to see if there are easy workarounds, but if there are systematic problems throughout thousands of lines of code, that's another matter.

Looks like SMF needs an upgrade as well: https://www.simon.me.uk/2018/725_smf-2-0-on-php-7-2

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on November 13, 2018, 05:31:08 PM
As to the matchday, Hakos, time to see if my guys are too stup...born to dance along to the whims of your quick ones. I'm bit limited this week due to hockey match and Fallout boardgaming, but I can offer you these CET start times:
- Wednesday 18-20
- Saturday any time after 10
- Sunday probably any time before 14

Wednesday is not possible due to poker night
Saturday is not possible due to my fathers 70-year birthday

Sunday, starting at 10-11 should be fine.

/Hakos

Gnaarkill

Yo Lazer!

Hope everything is ok with you?

Do you have any preffered time to play on, sir? ;D
I'm in the middle of a moving process, moving together with my girlfriend, so my schedule is kind of fucked up right now :P

Would friday evening (20 - 21) or sunday morning (10 - 12) be an option for you?

/Gnaar

EDIT:
What does the problem with the forum software mean in reality?
Do we need to make a completly new forum?

I have no experience in these kind of things...

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 14, 2018, 12:51:44 PM
We have to fix stuff in half a month, or we don't have a forum.

Not necessarily, but either that or upgrade the existing one. Hopefully it's possible to upgrade it without noticeable changes for end-users.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, Barmution.

Unfortunately I am not free on Friday or Saturday this week, but Thursday at 16:00+ CET and Sunday from 15:30-18:30 CET are available. If these times don't work for you, I will see when I am free next week.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on November 14, 2018, 02:13:10 PM
Not necessarily, but either that or upgrade the existing one. Hopefully it's possible to upgrade it without noticeable changes for end-users.

But when do we know that, if it is possible to upgrade?

Im just worried that we lose our beloved corner of the interwebz! :)
If there is anything I can do to help, i'll try my best!

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 15, 2018, 02:01:45 PM

But when do we know that, if it is possible to upgrade?

Im just worried that we lose our beloved corner of the interwebz! :)
If there is anything I can do to help, i'll try my best!

/Gnaar

I'll take a look at this on weekend. Haven't looked at the documentation closely yet, so I don't know how much upgrade work is needed from SMF version 1.1. to 2.2 (current version to my understanding). SMF seems to be pretty easy to use based on user comments but I'm not sure if the files on the host server can be used as a base for the upgrade as is. So might be that I need to setup a new forum and import in the data from here.

Shouldn't be worried about losing this beloved corner, I just renewed the hosting contract for next year. But the appearance of the forum may change depending on the changes in the forum software. All the information here should be safe.

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on November 14, 2018, 12:49:06 PM
Sunday, starting at 10-11 should be fine.

Sunday at 10-11 works fine for me, see you then! If you don't say anything else, I'll be at my computer at 10.

Barmution

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on November 14, 2018, 05:40:34 PM
Hello, Barmution.

Unfortunately I am not free on Friday or Saturday this week, but Thursday at 16:00+ CET and Sunday from 15:30-18:30 CET are available. If these times don't work for you, I will see when I am free next week.
Sunday sounds good, shall we say 15:30 CET?

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

Yo Lazer!

Hope everything is ok with you?

Do you have any preffered time to play on, sir? ;D
I'm in the middle of a moving process, moving together with my girlfriend, so my schedule is kind of fucked up right now :P

Would friday evening (20 - 21) or sunday morning (10 - 12) be an option for you?

/Gnaar

EDIT:

I have no experience in these kind of things...
This weekend is pretty filled upÄ for me so have to play weekdays next week should be able to play every weekday night from 19

/Lars

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Barmution on November 16, 2018, 09:26:19 AM
Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on November 14, 2018, 05:40:34 PM
Hello, Barmution.

Sunday sounds good, shall we say 15:30 CET?

Cheers,
Barm
15:30 CET  works fine for me. See you, then.