Season 32 Match Day 3

Started by tags, October 26, 2018, 06:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on November 15, 2018, 02:19:03 PM
Quote from: hakos on November 14, 2018, 12:49:06 PM
Sunday, starting at 10-11 should be fine.

Sunday at 10-11 works fine for me, see you then! If you don't say anything else, I'll be at my computer at 10.

10 should be fine /hakos

J-Reedy

Elfs proved just too stubborn the Undeads, so much even, that one of the more stubborn Elfs was recruited onto the Undead side. Also, another stubborn Elf sent his CV for the change of teams, but unfortunately the team necromancer was too busy (or stup...born) to handle the application.
Match started in the pouring rain and Hakos wisely chose to defend, probably knowing that rain would hurt my ball handling more than his. Well, it rained all through the first half and the only Undead player who managed to catch the ball was The Unknown Doctor who caught it from a bounce of some of the dozen or so pickup attempts made by the ghouls. This, along with the blitz on the first kickoff made it possible for the Elfs to first score a 1 turn TD while playing on defence and then slowly work his way to the ball among my fumbling players and get the second TD late in the first half.

At the end of the 1st half the rain turned into sweltering heat which made the ball handling so much easier for the Undead that they managed to take the ball away and score with 3 turns due to treeman and both wardancers taking a heat nap and the Undead getting a blitz. 2-1, Elfs get the ball. Kick goes out and ends up in the hands of the wardancer at the Line of Scrimmage. He dashes close to the goal, gets Badly Hurt by a lightning bolt which is no indication of wizardy involvement but actually a quite rare natural phenomenom which is too hard to explain in this forum but involves unspoilt maiden, pitchfork, clown hat and a sunbeam who failed his orienteering class but got the job of sunbeaming anyways because his elf works for the sunbeamery supervision offices. But that was not enough the stop the elfs, after couple of dodges and a pass it was 3-1. Still time for the Undead to go for a 2 turner, so they setup for that. Then the Elfs blitz and get. Another 1 turn TD on the defence as the Undead at this point lost all interest for the ball and just started hitting. Which resulted in some dead.

Tough match, haven't checked the luck numbers yet, but I'm guessing my ball handling will be something like -10. Still had my chances but Hakos just played too good of an Elf game and the injuries that the Undead need against agility teams came too late. Good game from Hakos, well played, man. Good luck in rest of the games!

Added reaction after checking the luck numbers: Well, I guess there's situational luck and overall luck, and I got lucky overall :)

hakos

Yes, those luck numbers are surely interesting.

I got two Blitz, you failed a million pickup's and got almost no injuries on me until the last 6 turns. So for the luck that matters it surely was on my side. Which the score result shows.

But perhaps it was a bit of a pyrrhus victory, it will cost a lot to rebuild the team (2 dead lineelfs and 1 war dancer that really needs to be replaced). And my MVP was awarded to one of the dead lineelfs. So you actually got 19 spp versus my 12 spp. And you gained one player for free with no permanent damages on the team.

So, yeah, situational luck versus overall luck, I wonder how to capture that?

In total, it was a fun match filled with unexpected happenings taking me on an emotional roller coaster ride.

/Hakos

tags

Looking at the luck graph, it really looks like sweltering heat is a big chunk of the total luck difference. With so many rolls on that event, I think sweltering heat makes up a disproportionate amount of the total match dices.

Barmution

A couple of wild moments here for sure. Thanks for the match, Napoleon. Could've gone either way in a couple of those critical moments.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Ouch, can't be fun to lose that 27 SPP Tomb Guardian.

Yeah, Sweltering Heat did cause me quite some trouble so that could explain quite a bit of the negative luck.

/hakos

Saitani

want to try for thuesday at 19.00? kvasilad

tags

Quote from: Saitani on November 18, 2018, 09:52:24 PM
want to try for thuesday at 19.00? kvasilad

Assuming you meant Tuesday, that sounds good to me, let's book it!

J-Reedy

Update on the forum upgrade. Looking at the SMF user guide it should be possible to migrate the forum to the newer version quite simply. I'll try that within the next two weeks when I have enough time for the inevitable/probable troubleshooting needed after the migration. So don't be alarmed if the forum appears to be down at some point, if that happens, it should be OK withing few hours in any case, as I'll backup the forum before doing stuff.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Lars on November 16, 2018, 12:15:48 PM

This weekend is pretty filled upå for me so have to play weekdays next week should be able to play every weekday night from 19

/Lars

Sorry for the late reply Lars.

As i've mentioned, my home is pretty chaotic right now. We have packed almost everything except my computer :P

Would a match on thursday @20 suit you?

Sorry for the wait guys!
After the match I can pack down my computer and I will hopefully be ready for next match week without any bigger delay.

/Gnaar

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on November 18, 2018, 06:40:32 PM
Ouch, can't be fun to lose that 27 SPP Tomb Guardian.

/hakos
That was a really whack situation: TG did a block on my Wrestle lino, came up AD BD. Napoleon didn't elect to reroll so I chose not to use Wrestle to cause a turnover. What happens next might shock you: Armor broke on the Wrestle lino but it was a mere stun, the TG on the other hand seemingly died of shame as he not only was injured but got death on both results due to decay and failed to regen to probably top the "most dead player" award list for years to come.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on November 19, 2018, 05:29:54 AM
Update on the forum upgrade. Looking at the SMF user guide it should be possible to migrate the forum to the newer version quite simply. I'll try that within the next two weeks when I have enough time for the inevitable/probable troubleshooting needed after the migration. So don't be alarmed if the forum appears to be down at some point, if that happens, it should be OK withing few hours in any case, as I'll backup the forum before doing stuff.

Sounds somewhat good... I guess ;)
Keep up the good work J-R!

Quote from: Barmution on November 19, 2018, 01:26:14 PM
That was a really whack situation: TG did a block on my Wrestle lino, came up AD BD. Napoleon didn't elect to reroll so I chose not to use Wrestle to cause a turnover. What happens next might shock you: Armor broke on the Wrestle lino but it was a mere stun, the TG on the other hand seemingly died of shame as he not only was injured but got death on both results due to decay and failed to regen to probably top the "most dead player" award list for years to come.

LOL! :D

Sorry for your loss though Napoleon! That's a tough one! :-\

Lars

Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 19, 2018, 10:14:00 AM
Quote from: Lars on November 16, 2018, 12:15:48 PM

This weekend is pretty filled upå for me so have to play weekdays next week should be able to play every weekday night from 19

/Lars

Sorry for the late reply Lars.

As i've mentioned, my home is pretty chaotic right now. We have packed almost everything except my computer :P

Would a match on thursday @20 suit you?

Sorry for the wait guys!
After the match I can pack down my computer and I will hopefully be ready for next match week without any bigger delay.

/Gnaar

thursday @20 will work good for me cya then

/Lars

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on November 19, 2018, 05:29:54 AM

Good luck, hope it works out! Let me know if you need a second pair of eyes on something.

NapoleonBlown-apart

It is annoying to lose a 27SPP tomb guardian, but the way he died was quite funny. At least I had enough gold for another one.