Season 32 Finals!

Started by tags, January 06, 2019, 01:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Congratulations to the finalists, Barmution and Saitani!

They were tied for points, a full win ahead of 3rd place. Ball, Bounce and Beyond wins the regular season due to TD difference, but that is academic, for it is all to be settled in the final showdown!

Interestingly, neither team was among the 3 luckiest or the 3 unluckiest teams of the season, making them the only two teams with average-ish luck. I had by far the luckiest team, so I clearly didn't use my chances that well :D

My Little Hashut had the highest average possession with 43.43% per game, followed by Ball, Bounce and Beyond's 40.57%, making them the two most controlling teams in the league. Seems like a solid indicator for success.

Other notable stats for the season include Butcher's Bay Pirates sustaining 35 casualties this season alone. That's an _average_ of 5 casulties per match!

Nimble feets, with "only" 27 casualties, sustained 5 deaths, tied for most deaths with My Little Hashut.

Season 32 finals competition has been created, and both teams invited.

Good luck to both of you!

J-Reedy

Grats to both finalists also from me!

And thanks for taking care of the creation of the finals league, Kvasilad. I'm currently on vacation trip and had such busy days before the trip, that I forgot to note about my absence. Good thing you're around, this little league of ours is running smooth at the moment and we've got you and your excellent match reporter to thank for that. So thanks again mate.

On my absence, will be back on the 16th and fully operational a day or two later depending on jet lag.

Gnaarkill

Congratulations to both finalists!

As always, Barmution, a force to be reckoned with, a true MVP. And also an impressive feat from Saitani, taking the finalist spot in his second season at Norsca! Big ups to both you guys! ;D

Also, all kudos to you sir, kvasilad, for putting down all this work on the excellent BBreplay-software. And a BIG thank you to Sir J-R, saving our forum and managing the league with excellence!
And not to forget! Hakos great work on the legends write ups, putting awsome flavour into every week's match ups.
We all do a little something to make this the great league and community that we are, thank you all! :)

I <3 Norsca and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!
It's amazing to see how we have managed to keep this thing going for all these years. I started my journey in NUL in 2012 and I know we have guys here that was in the league even before that. Impressive to say the least!
I hope that we can stay around playing blood bowl for years to come and also in two years celebrate the NUL - 10 year anniversary! ;D

(As a 10 year anniversary, wouldn't an IRL NUL-meet up be aswsome? For a weekend, play the tabletop, talk memories and see the faces of NUL ;D)

GG ALL!

Barmution

Thanks and well put, Gnaar :)

An IRL BB meetup would be truly awesome!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

I would be up for a meetup if it's a feasible location and time :)

I've actually never played the tabletop game though, even though I have bought a copy of both the old and the 2016 box set. Guess it's never too late to try :D

Saitani

Well Barmutation continues to have horrible dice my chorfs resulting in an stolen ball and a 1-0 lead for me in his drive. in the second half all 3 of his ko's decided it was siesta time and so did 4 other pieces as the heat was really unberable, at this poin im up 6 pieces and not wanting to be a no fun guy i score in 2 turns giving barmutation a real chance for even fight. and this time im the one hit by the heat making it easy for him to pull a two turner and setting things up for a overtime play unless i hugg the ball. in the end it ended 2-1 for me with a extremely bloodless match with one bh chorf blocker. i had a total of 5 av breaks on 46 blocks and he had 6 on 35.

Thank you all for hosting the league i think i will retire the chorfs for next season and bring in my undead sand elfs, the dust buckets will rise again!

Barmution

Congrats to the new champ!

Going in vs chorfs w no reserves was always going to be risky but that heat truly was the clincher. Mad props to Saitani for being a gentleman and gambling on giving me a shot at doing 2 TDs in a row instead of stalling out an 11 vs 5 affair for a guaranteed win.

You played solid as per usual and it was a well deserved victory, Sait. Dice gonna dice, that's just this game we love (and some times hate):)

Cheers for the match and catch you next season!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Congratulations on the win, Saitani! :)

As for next season (see separate sign-up thread), it will be TV unlimited as it's the last of a rotating set of 3 seasons, but still restricted to teams that have only played in NUL, so starting a brand new roster in the upcoming season will be a tall order! You are of course free to do that if you wish, though :)

The season after next will be restricted to only fresh TV 1000 rosters again.

Gnaarkill

Impressive Saitani!

Well deserved win, congratulations champ! ;D 8)

/Gnaar

Lars

hakos

Big congratulations Saitani.

Well played.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Congratulations, Saitani. It's impressive that you managed to win despite the incredible bad luck with casualties you have had throughout the league.