Season 33 Match Day 1

Started by tags, January 23, 2019, 10:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: hakos on January 26, 2019, 10:13:43 AM
Yay, the season has started. Let's earn some Money.

Seems the khemri guys got the lucky draw this time.

Napoleon: I can play this evening (saturday), sunday at any time as long as I get know about it today. In the week I can play on monday evening, wednesday evening and then it is a bit foggy on the scheduling frontier.

/hakos
Hello, Hakos.
Sorry about the late response, I've been a bit busy lately and somehow I managed to completely forget about this!

Is tomorrow still free for you? 19:00 CET would be a good time for me, but anything between 17:00 and 20:00 should work.

hakos

Hi Napoleon

Unfortunately my evening schedule is quite full for some time now. Friday & saturday evening starting at 19 would work though. Sunday is busy. Next week monday at 19 might work as well.

/hakos

tags

A real tough victory for the lizzies here.

First half, Radio Rangers receives the ball, but suffers a blitz event. This transforms the entire first half into a quagmire of bashyness with little real progress. Ball is lost several times in the scuffle. However, fatally, J-R misses the fact that I have a diving tackle skink marking his ghoul, and suffers a very badly timed turnover in turn 6. I manage to take full advantage of this, get the ball to a skink and run like its little bony life depends on it. And truth be told, it possibly did. Suprisingly, I'm up 1-0 by the end of the first half.

I have Wi-Fiend the Kroxigor and a Saurus knocked out even after using my apo, though, so I'm anxious about recoveries. Luckily, my Saurus recovers after the TD and the Krox at half-time, so I'm feeling good about my chances.

Second half starts with Hack inflicting a Niggling injury on my Kroxigor, so that's not ideal. There is plenty of violence and scuffling around the line of scrimmage, and I also suffer a niggling injury on another Saurus as I'm really starting to feel my strength advantage slipping away. Towards the end of the second half, it looks like there is little to be done about stopping the equalizer... that is, until J-R again misses the fact that I've marked a ghoul with a Diving Tackle skink. Again, a turnover, and that decides the match.

So, DT is clearly the MVP this match!

With two key players out with Niggle, I've all but guaranteed a loss MD2 against the dreaded three B's, but it was a suprising and most welcome 3 points MD1.

Thanks for the game J-R, and better luck the rest of the season!

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: hakos on January 30, 2019, 06:51:15 PM
Hi Napoleon

Unfortunately my evening schedule is quite full for some time now. Friday & saturday evening starting at 19 would work though. Sunday is busy. Next week monday at 19 might work as well.

/hakos
Friday at 19:00 would work well for me. Should we try that?

hakos

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on January 30, 2019, 11:26:07 PM
Quote from: hakos on January 30, 2019, 06:51:15 PM
Hi Napoleon

/hakos
Friday at 19:00 would work well for me. Should we try that?

Excellent. It is a deal /hakos

hakos

Online and waiting /hakos

edit: waited for 30 minutes, please let me know when you can play

NapoleonBlown-apart

I'm really sorry about this. I managed to forget, again.  >:( I'm trying to set up an aquarium at the moment, and it's just completely occupied my mind. I understand if you want to take the admin win, as this is my fault.

tags

Ok, Hakos, it's really up to you if you want to reschedule or just take the win here. I'm interpreting your first post as if you would still like to play the match, but let us know if you will accept a walkover W.

Napoleon: It would be helpful if you just post your available times, as Hakos previously mentioned that he wants to reschedule if possible.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Any weekday would work from 17:00 to 20:00.

hakos

Hi

This season I do not play for victories, only to have fun (although victories are fun so I will not just roll over). I.e. I do want to play. Also, I do not want this match to hold up the season. I.e. I do want to play soon.

My proposal is that we try a match on monday evening, starting at 19:00. If that for some reason does not work, then I will take the admin win since I cannot play on tuesday or wednesday.

Hope this is ok for all.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Alright, see you then. Thank you for the second chance.

NapoleonBlown-apart

A fun and extremely violent match, despite the lack of Touchdowns. Thank you for the game, Hakos.

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL33:1

The owner of the Norse team "Money, Money, Money" promised entertainment. Time to check out their first match and see if they delivered. The match result of 0-0 does not look that inspiring but a total of 6 KO, 7 injuries and 2 kills looks promising. The official star player of the match was Zara The Slayer. She was not that hard to convince when the opponents are the "Khemri Astronauts".

The match started extremely violent with three dead and one badly injured player in the first two turns, although the skeletons regenerated. Zara played a key role when she permanently killed a Thro-Ra already with her second stab. The Norse took advantage of the carnage, bypassing the slow Khemri and are ready to score in turn four but decides to stall instead. Perhaps not a wise choice with 4 tomb guardians and 2 Blitz-Ras still on the field. In the end the ball is lost and the number of Norse players on the field is reduced with almost one per turn thus preventing a goal in the first half.

Second half the Khemri starts with 11 versus 9 players and they advance slowly but steadily, according to their game plan. However, in turn 12 Voulez-Vous takes a chance and is able to knock out the ball to the audience. After that the ball ownership switches almost every turn and it actually comes closer and closer to the Khemri end zone, but in the end the Norse are too few to both protect the ball carrier and score.

What about Zara? She stabs 8 times, killing one Thro-Ra, stunning one Blitz-Ra and injuring one wrestle skeleton. She also makes some mistakes, at one time she fails a simple dodge stunning herself. She is seemingly a bit dizzy even after standing up again and position herself incorrectly which in the ends prevent the Norse to score a goal. But she is always in the middle of the fight. She is wrestled down once by the wrestle skeleton and stunned once by a tomb guardian but most often she keeps 2-3 opponents busy. Especially when 3 Tomb Guardians and 1 skeleton surrounds her, knocking her down and then kicking her in a final attempt to get her off the field, but she is tough and after that she just get up, dodge away and injures the ball carrying wrestle skeleton in turn 15 thus removing the final hope for the Khemri to win. On a scale of 1-5 she gets a 4.

tags

Good stuff, match day forwarded!