Season 33 match day 6

Started by J-Reedy, January 27, 2019, 07:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL33:6

Match day six ended in an expected loss for the Norse versus the radio enhanced lizards. Not easy to form a team on the field when a majority of the players are loners. The task was not made any easier by the lizard coach that did a masterful job and got his team to play like a well oiled machine. None of the six loners did a spectacular job, unless you count the two that failed spectacularly. Here are the details.

Snorre the lineman mercenary was hired to do one thing, soak up hits, and even that he failed. He got knocked out already in the first hit of the match and did not return until turn 14. In turn 16 he got the chance to score but was so surprised that he failed to catch the ball. A clear 1.

The other two lineman mercenaries at least managed to do their job. Ottar stayed 11 turns on the field and was knocked down four times. Hrafn stayed 8 turns on the field and was knocked down 3 times but he also did a lucky hit on a saurus. For doing their job and being cheap we award them a score of 2.

Unfortunately Uggi Frost was not available this time, instead the Yhetii Vagn joined. The first two turns he did not know what do and in turn four he was injured by the kroxigor. The apothecary did a good job though and patched him up again so he could play turn 9 to 16. On his second chance he was out for revenge, the kroxigor was down three times. He also managed to knock out the mighty blow saurus that wreaked havoc among the norseman in the first half. The grade is still only a 2 after the disappointing first half.

The berserker mercenary was on a skink hunt but they are slippery and not easy to catch so he only managed to get 5 downs in 13 turns. It seems the skinks were quite annoyed with him anyway since they gathered five players to kick him in the groin when he was down. The judge saw it and ejected the guilty skink. When not hunting the berserker managed a good position play and in total that earns him a score of 2.

Despite forgetting to sharpen his claws, Wilhelm Chaney was the best loner in the Norse team. He focused on chasing saurus and in 16 turns he got 12 players down. 11 Saurus and 1 Kroxigor. Turn 5 showed why he is a star player by getting two saurus down in the same turn. One of the few times he failed was when it really mattered, in turn 12 he got knocked down when trying to blitz the ball carrying skink and that sealed the match at 0-2. Considering that and only 1 knocked out saurus, no stuns and no injuries we are still a bit disappointed and the grade stops at 3.

Barmution

To incredibly skewed matches back to back but this time the roles were reversed. JR definitely deserved a draw here but just couldn't maintain a field presence to put enough pressure since I got early removals in almost all drives.

GG and sorry about the dice, JR.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

The match started in a rain which continued throughout the first half and well into the 2nd half. Stup...born Undead started on an offence but found themselves on the defending side after the kickoff as the Kislev Blitzed and leadped through the front line to secure the ball. Surprised Undead tried to do what they could, but the slippery Ball Bouncers proved to be slippery beyond belief and secured the go-ahead fast. 2nd kickoff started more normally but now the rain proved to be the undoing of the Undead. First pickup try on the ball failed and suddenly a blitz and bounce later the Beyond Bouncy Ballers were holding the ball. The bouncher holding the ball was soon departed from the prized possession but Undead attempt to secure the ball proved once more futile. Ballers took hold of the ball and simply dumped it close to the Undead goal-line, putting the Stup...born ones off-position. This resulted in the Undead coach changing his goal for the 1st half to be keeping the score 1-0. That tactic proved to be succesfull, though duo of ghouls came a succesfull catch away from ruining the plan with a tying TD.

2nd half and the Beyond Ball Bouncers were on the attack. Kislev crowded both sidelines getting players on the scoring distance. Stup...born ones took down their right side and tried to crowd the left, but Bouncy Ball Beyonders didn't want to have none of that and after taking care of the covering players a quick pass, catch and a dash made the game 2-0 for the Ballsy Bouncers. Stup...born ones followed that with a drive where they actually managed to pickup the ball and get it on the opposite half. Unlike Undead normally are wanting to do, Stup...born ones were going for a quick score which they secured before right at the half point of the half. Then it was time for the Beyond Ballsy Bouncers to go at it again and their coach wisely decided to play for the clock. As the final attempt to reach the scoring distance was made and thwarted on the second to last turn, game was settled and the rest was just senseless bashing (which many in fairness do consider Blood Bowl to be in essance but at least there is the assumption that somone might actually be thinking about doing something with the ball).

Well played by the Beyond Ballsy Baller Barmution, couldn't really do anything to stop him today. Good luck in the rest, mate!

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Saitani on March 15, 2019, 11:42:20 PM
Sad to hear that napoleon im able to play most days this coming weekend so lets just figure something out
Sorry, I didn't see your message. Would tomorrow at 19:00 work for you? As I said, I should be free any weekday from 17:00-19:30 if that won't work.

Saitani

tomorow around 19.00 should work unless my date tommorow goes unexpedently well :P

Gnaarkill

lol!

Good luck Saitani! In some way I hope you will not make it to 19.00 ;D :-*

/Gnaar

NapoleonBlown-apart

Yeah, good luck. ;D If you don't make it to the match, that's no problem.

Saitani

NapoleonBlown-apart

While it wasn't quite as unfair as the previous two games between the Khemri Astronauts and My Little Hashut, Nuffle was certainly on my side. It would have been 1-1, but a bull centaur rolled snake eyes on its 3rd GFI to blitz my ball carrier on turn 15. Thanks for the game, Saitani, and I hope you have better luck in your next match.

Saitani

Thanks for the game. getting 7 dub skulls and playing down pieces most of the game dint allow me to put a proper fight, but next time!

tags