Season 33 match day 3

Started by J-Reedy, January 27, 2019, 07:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saitani

Well that was a game of Flying pig.. eh bulls. im so glad that i have that Kick hobo it has really saved me over and over again allowing me to controll alot of the oponent drive:P
Well fought J-reedy. kick off events and the chain of ko's really saved my ass sadly no injuries on your guys tho :P

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: kvasilad on February 13, 2019, 09:14:36 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 13, 2019, 07:40:42 AM
Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on February 12, 2019, 11:42:59 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 12, 2019, 12:30:21 PM
Hey Mr. Apart, I can play Thursday evening or most of the day Sunday (preferrably not too late in the day).

If that doesn't work, I'll have to come back to it, as I'm travelling with work next week.
Thursday evening would be good. How about 19:00?

It's a deal, 19 CET Thursday it is!

Uh, oh crap, forgot about Valentine's day. I think it would be received poorly if I spent the night playing BB, so I'm afraid I have to cancel Thursday.

Any chance you could do Sunday?
That's no problem. I may or may not be able to do Sunday. I should know Tomorrow.

tags

I'm also able to play earlier in the day Saturday it turns out, but starting no later than 13:00 CET

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: kvasilad on February 15, 2019, 12:38:26 PM
I'm also able to play earlier in the day Saturday it turns out, but starting no later than 13:00 CET
I'm not free on Saturday, unfortunately, but Sunday could work if that is still free for you. Would 12:00 CET be a good time?

tags

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on February 16, 2019, 12:13:08 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 15, 2019, 12:38:26 PM
I'm not free on Saturday, unfortunately, but Sunday could work if that is still free for you. Would 12:00 CET be a good time?

Yup, that's perfect!

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL33:3

Mamma Mia, scores the first goal for "Money, Money, Money", what an unexpected success. Ok, with that out of the way, let's check how the massive reinforcement of 3 mercenaries and 2 star players worked out for the fragile Norse team. We go from least useful to most useful.

Helmut and his chainsaw have so much potential but here he failed miserable with his first attempt and then promptly got injured by the Nurgle. Overall score is 1 just because 0 or negative is not allowed.

Eystein the mercenary lineman was not much better but at least he managed to stay 11 turns on the field and kept some nurgle players busy with beating him down. Several times. Overall score is 2 due to his cheap cost.

Snorre the mercenary also managed to stay on the field for 11 turns. He was quite successful in keeping several Nurgle Warriors busy for several turns. In the end he took a severe beating and left with some broken bone. However, his willingness to take a beating for the team earned him the most valued player award and after the game a contract as a regular player for the Norse team. We only give him an overall score of 2 though.

We do question the mental sanity of the "Money, Money, Money" coach when he invited Boomer to join in this match. Not easy to throw a bomb with disturbing presences all over the place. Boomer stayed on the field for 8 turns and knocked down two players for each bomb. Unfortunately in both cases one of them was Boomer himself since he just dropped the bombs instead of throwing. But a suicide bomber has its uses and we give him a 2 in overall score. He is cheap and kept some heavy hitting Nurgle warriors busy for some time.

The final mercenary was the Yheti. Unfortunately Flogging Molly managed to rip open his guts with his claws already in turn 0. The Yheti was patched up, returned in turn 8 and now he was angry. The second half he knocked down a rotter, knocked out a nurgle warrior and another rotter. Finally, in turn 16 he reached Flogging Molly and killed her. Although the pestigor managed to regenerate the fatal damage and will return to play again. 3 players out in 9 turns are enough for an overall score of 4.

tags

That was a match with some weird luck for sure, but the Khemri side got the worst of it. Especially gut-wrenching was Napoleon's fireball to extract a loose ball, failing to touch 3/3 lizard players.

The Astronauts chose to defend first, and very nearly succeeded in stopping the Rangers, but it is hard to stop kamikaze skinks on form. The Kroxigor decided to fail 3 out of the 3 first bone-head rolls, but that was ultimately not that important for the drive.

With 4 turns left, there was still play left in the first half, but Napoleon rolled some horrible pick-ups, and fast lizards were able to swarm the pick-up spot, nearly putting one more against, but the half ended in some scuffling close to the Khemri end-zone.

Second half started well for the Khemri. Decent kick bounce, pick-up on first try, and KO'ing one Saurus early, advancing steadily. However, the bony ones got a bit close to the edge, and left themselves open to some creative chain-pushing, leading to the carrier taking a tumble out of bounds. Very lucky throw-in and bounce for the Rangers, as it practically landed next to a lone skink that was on the other side of the field from most of the skeletal muscle. With some sprinting and good dodge-rolls leading to marking key players with DT, the second TD was secured.

Thanks for the game, it was a fun one!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on February 13, 2019, 09:28:15 PM

Quick update on me and Gnaar's match: At first kickoff Pitch Invasion cas'ed BOTH his fanatics so we opted to just reset the game and start anew.

What do you say Barm, a start @21 tonight, would that suit you?

/Gnaar

Barmution

Quote from: Gnaarkill on February 18, 2019, 10:14:44 AM
Quote from: Barmution on February 13, 2019, 09:28:15 PM

Quick update on me and Gnaar's match: At first kickoff Pitch Invasion cas'ed BOTH his fanatics so we opted to just reset the game and start anew.

What do you say Barm, a start @21 tonight, would that suit you?

/Gnaar
Absolutely, online and waiting now :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Gotta sleep now, more words coming.

WORDS!

Match started off with Kislev receiving and the gobbos wisely electing to field only the bomber from among their impressive array of weapons. There was a lot of back and forth up until turn 7 with the goblins being uncharacteristically sturdy, but that was soon to end: Tackle killed a Goblin dead just before the first TD of the match and it was as if the dam broke. Suddenly nothing went the goblins way and an attempt to score via throwing went horribly wrong as poor Frederic faceplanted himself out of his presumably miserable existence.

The 2nd half started with a perfect defense for the Kislev, rendering the double fanatic team pretty useless and eventually winding up costing the goblins a defensive touchdown as the out of position ball and chain wielders made it hard for the goblins to stop the leaping menaces. The removals started to stack up and Gnaar's Trolls, including Ripper, never really came into the match even w several 2d and 3d blocks. In the end there was too few goblins on the field to stop the Kislev from just bouncing around and stealing the ball at will, resulting in two more defensive TDs for the Kislev side.

Thanks for the match, Gnaar! Was more than a bit one sided but I think and hope we shared some fun moments in there :)
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.