Season 34 Match Day 1

Started by tags, April 22, 2019, 10:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Ah... do you smell that? It's the smell of 8 new minty-fresh teams!

Granted, some of them may smell a bit like they've been opened after their "best before" date, but it's a season of blank slates, new opportunities and empty coffins... erh, coffers.

Good luck to everyone, let the games begin!

These are the contestants:
Fraggle Block - Kvasilad
Illuminato Lizardmen - NapoleonBlown-apart
Masters Of Mischief - Hakos
Metal Orkhestras - Lars
One Piece All-Stars - Gnaarkill
So dry So hot - Saitani
Vitamin D Deficients - Barmution
Zero Effort Noisedoers - J-Reedy

Lars

First match of the season 34 was a close one orks took their mary time in first half and scored in the 8th round. Rats followed up with a fast goal in second half and then managed to get a blitz on second kickoff that resulted in yet another goal. Then the orks managed some passing's and handovers to score a equalizer in last round.

great played Hakos and may we meet again

/Lars

hakos

"I have a cunning plan. We will win this match easily. Just you wait and see." -Brain

1st half passes, team is down 0-1 after the normal slow grinding orc cage...

"Yes, indeed, all is going according to the plan, just you wait and see." -Brain

Rats pick up the ball and fails the pass, orcs can mark all players and the ball...

"Now, now it is" -Brain

Reepicheep gallantly rushes to the rescue, the orc blitzer guarding the ball goes down. Mickey Mouse trips a black orc that goes down. The gutter runners spring into action. One pick up the ball, passes to another that runs out of reach and waits for one turn before scoring.

"This is so perfect, now, time for the trap" -Brain

Blitz! All gutter runners swarm the oppositon half and thrower. The rest just engages as many orcs as possible. The orcs desperately tries to get hold of the ball but can only mark it with two players. Bianca just swoops in, pick's it up and score.

"Like a well oiled machinery, now we just need to stop the slow orcs a few turns. Piece of cake." -Brain

Orcs start to behave like elfs, they handover the ball twice and throws a long pass, finally they score in turn 16. 2-2.

"Noooo, how could it happen?" -Brain

"Hey, Brain, see what I got, I am the Most Valuable Player in this match" - Pinky

The End

Lars

Quote from: hakos on April 23, 2019, 09:24:54 PM
"I have a cunning plan. We will win this match easily. Just you wait and see." -Brain

1st half passes, team is down 0-1 after the normal slow grinding orc cage...

"Yes, indeed, all is going according to the plan, just you wait and see." -Brain

Rats pick up the ball and fails the pass, orcs can mark all players and the ball...

"Now, now it is" -Brain

Reepicheep gallantly rushes to the rescue, the orc blitzer guarding the ball goes down. Mickey Mouse trips a black orc that goes down. The gutter runners spring into action. One pick up the ball, passes to another that runs out of reach and waits for one turn before scoring.

"This is so perfect, now, time for the trap" -Brain

Blitz! All gutter runners swarm the oppositon half and thrower. The rest just engages as many orcs as possible. The orcs desperately tries to get hold of the ball but can only mark it with two players. Bianca just swoops in, pick's it up and score.

"Like a well oiled machinery, now we just need to stop the slow orcs a few turns. Piece of cake." -Brain

Orcs start to behave like elfs, they handover the ball twice and throws a long pass, finally they score in turn 16. 2-2.

"Noooo, how could it happen?" -Brain

"Hey, Brain, see what I got, I am the Most Valuable Player in this match" - Pinky

The End

:) think the brain needs some updates on "long pass" vs "short pass" since it actuly was a short pass that was thrown.

anyway good write-up

/Lars

Saitani

So kvasi when are you up to play our game of str5 bash fest :P

tags

Quote from: Saitani on April 24, 2019, 04:01:41 PM
So kvasi when are you up to play our game of str5 bash fest :P
I have a feeling I'm not the one that's gonna win that bash fest :P

Anyhoo, I'm on vacation atm, and I _may_ be able to play tomorrow (Thursday) at 20:00, but I'm not 100% sure how stable the connection is. I think it should probably be fine, but there are some brief interruptions now and again due to the local setup here, which should in theory be something that BB2 net code can handle reconnecting. So we can try that? If not, I think it's Monday 20:30 at the earliest for me.

Gnaarkill

Woo! Finally a new season! ;D

Sooo napoleon, when would a match suit you?
Since I am on vacation at the moment I can start on odd times. If you have any prefered times please post your suggestions and I will adapt :)

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Barm the man, looks like you'll be the first one to experience the lovely zero effort noice of my dwarf bards. It's bit of a busy time with all the extra holidays, but here's what I can offer as CEST starting times:
- Saturday any time
- Sunday any time before 17.00
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 17-19

Let me knof if any of those suits you, sir.

Saitani

yea 20.00 tonight might wprk :) if its unplayable we can just reset the match and play when you get back home.
Knowing my luck when it comes to casulties im gona have 2 dead tg's and dead thro ra and or blitz ra by the end of the game.

tags

Quote from: Saitani on April 25, 2019, 01:37:51 PM
yea 20.00 tonight might wprk :) if its unplayable we can just reset the match and play when you get back home.
Knowing my luck when it comes to casulties im gona have 2 dead tg's and dead thro ra and or blitz ra by the end of the game.

All right, sounds good :)

May be completely fine, but the wifi sometimes drops out for like 20 seconds, then comes back, I actually think BB2 can handle that. If we were playing BB1, it would've been doomed for sure :P

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 25, 2019, 12:56:49 PM
Barm the man, looks like you'll be the first one to experience the lovely zero effort noice of my dwarf bards. It's bit of a busy time with all the extra holidays, but here's what I can offer as CEST starting times:
- Saturday any time
- Sunday any time before 17.00
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 17-19

Let me knof if any of those suits you, sir.
How about some time after 16 on Saturday? We can look for each other in Discord chat then for a more precise time as I'm quite busy with my week old infant atm (please be prepared for some pausing during the playing), if that sounds ok by you?

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Gobo Fraggle: "Look, there's our chance! All we have to do is get up there."

Red Fraggle: "Oh, terrific. Do we do that before or after we flap our arms and fly to the moon?"

Mokey Fraggle: "Now, wait a minute. There must be a way to get in."

Boober Fraggle: "I'd rather flap my arms and fly to the moon."

Gobo Fraggle: "I know! I know the way!"

Wembley Fraggle: "What's the way, Gobo?"

Gobo Fraggle: "Peach and garlic pie."

Wembley Fraggle: "Peach and garlic pie!"

--

Ok, so after a rough start for Fraggle Block where Junior Gorg got badly hurt already in turn 2, things started turning around for the Ogres. And once it had turned around, it promptly accelerated into one of the most lopsided Nufflings of NUL history. After a good few rolls at the end of the first half, a veritable relay team of fraggles managed to pick up the ball and carry it a few paces before being knocked down and leaving it for the next fraggle up. In the end, Wembley Fraggle actually managed some heroic dodging for the end zone, and put Fraggle Block up 1-0!

2nd half, the lil' Fraggles became all but invincible. Carelessly left in tackle zones, heroically side-stepping around, refusing to go down, laughing in the face of danger! ... or at least, skittering frantically around. In the end, there was little the lumbering skellingtons could do to beat away the swarm, and the ball was knocked loose by a meaty hit from Ma Gorg. The second half expired without any further touchdowns.

Thanks for the match Saitani, and sorry about the dice! You seem to be a magnet for these extreme nufflings.

At least, I'm over the moon for having won one, I half expexted to go through the entire season with 0 points. Can't expect this extreme luck to last, but I'll enjoy my good fortune while it lasts :)

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on April 25, 2019, 07:50:11 PM
How about some time after 16 on Saturday? We can look for each other in Discord chat then for a more precise time as I'm quite busy with my week old infant atm (please be prepared for some pausing during the playing), if that sounds ok by you?

Cheers,
Barm

Congrats, daddy-o! Yup, Saturday vaguely post 16.00 works fine, I'll keep a look out on Discord.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Gnaarkill on April 25, 2019, 12:27:39 AM
Woo! Finally a new season! ;D

Sooo napoleon, when would a match suit you?
Since I am on vacation at the moment I can start on odd times. If you have any prefered times please post your suggestions and I will adapt :)

/Gnaar
Hello, Gnaarkill. If you didn't see my message on Discord, Sunday at 20:00 would work well for me.

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 26, 2019, 08:17:55 AM
Congrats, daddy-o! Yup, Saturday vaguely post 16.00 works fine, I'll keep a look out on Discord.
Cheers :)

Will look for you there later today!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.