Season 34 Match Day 2

Started by J-Reedy, April 28, 2019, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on May 02, 2019, 07:40:22 AM
Quote from: hakos on May 01, 2019, 04:58:15 PM
Any time in the weekend work but 13:00 is about lunch time for me. How about starting at 14:00?

No problemos, Saturday at 14:00 it is. See you in few days!

I just realized that my niece turns 15 tomorrow (suddenly I feel very old) and the celebration starts at 14:00 so I need to cancel the game tomorrow. Really sorry about that. Would it be ok to play on sunday at 14 instead?

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, Barmution. Perhaps a game in my stadium in Lustria will help your vampires with their vitamin D deficiency?

This weekend, I should be free any time between around 16:00 and 20:00 on both Saturday and Sunday, and I will also be free from 18:00-20:00 on any weekday next week. Please tell me if any of these times suit you.

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on May 03, 2019, 07:37:49 PM

I just realized that my niece turns 15 tomorrow (suddenly I feel very old) and the celebration starts at 14:00 so I need to cancel the game tomorrow. Really sorry about that. Would it be ok to play on sunday at 14 instead?

/hakos

No worries, Sunday will be fine. See you later, very old man ;)

J-Reedy

Well, this was quite an unpredictable match that was played completely in the rain. This didn't cause any harms in the first half, when the dwarfs were slowly edging towards the goal, but on the second half it really hurt the Skavens who uncharacteristically fumbled with the ball couple of times on their first handling attempts. This lead to the Skaven coach screaming his throat sore early in the half, thus leaving him unable to instruct his players later in the half. As hinted, dwarfs drove towards the goal in the first half and got close, but not to the cigar (there was a giant add for cheese-flavoured cigars hanging at the goal line). But the Skaven gang put on a fearles defence, marking the carrier with Gutter Runners right from the start and finally getting the carrier down at the last moment with a must-do blitz. No score on the 1st.
There were no injuries in the 1st half, but that soon changed in the 2nd when the Skaven got their groove on. They removed 4 Dwarfs from the field and scored easy but soon as Dwarfs also managed to get few Skaven out and had pressure on the ball. 2nd Dwarfs offence started with 9 vs 9. Then it Dwarf's turn to get their injury-groove going and with Skaven leaving the field fast, the draw became quite inevitable, escpecially with two Gutter Runners failing their blitz-support and blitz dodges on consecutive turns. Thus, a 1-1 result was achieved on the final turn.

Really exciting match, Hakos really went all out on the defence and got awarded with a nice stop. Was finally relieved to get a draw, as the situation looked really grim on the Skaven offensive turn. Really excellent play from Hakos, thanks again for the match!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on April 30, 2019, 09:04:51 PM

As mentioned in Discord, it was tough to fit it in today. But perhaps next Tuesday at 2000 then?

Sounds great mate!
See you tomorrow @20 then?

/Gnaar

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on May 06, 2019, 10:34:02 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on April 30, 2019, 09:04:51 PM

As mentioned in Discord, it was tough to fit it in today. But perhaps next Tuesday at 2000 then?

Sounds great mate!
See you tomorrow @20 then?

/Gnaar
Yup, let's go for it!

NapoleonBlown-apart

Barmution definitely had some bad dice in this one. I don't think my skinks failed a single dodge, and they appeared to be invincible as they survived numerous blocks, fouls and crowdsurfs without even being KOed. Sorry about the dice, Barmution, and I hope you have better luck in the future.

Barmution

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on May 07, 2019, 12:23:10 AM
Barmution definitely had some bad dice in this one. I don't think my skinks failed a single dodge, and they appeared to be invincible as they survived numerous blocks, fouls and crowdsurfs without even being KOed. Sorry about the dice, Barmution, and I hope you have better luck in the future.
Np, Nappy. Thanks for the match and sorry about being a little salty in chat, lack of sleep combined with those dice wasn't the optimal combo :P Good luck forward, at least I'm back to 3 vamps now.

Cheers!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Last match of MD2 has been played.
What seemed to be a rather one sided affair, for the pirating anime Orcs, got really exciting in the final moments of the match. Convincing John in the fraggle team could have been the hero of the match managing the equalizer and the 1-1 draw. John ran from deep within his own half through orcs and ogres, fiddled with the ball a couple of times and finally managed to straighten things out with the TD zone just within reach. It would take a blitzing orc with two GFI and no RR to take John down though.
Surely a valiant effort from John and an hilarious moment indeed!

Great match Kvasi! GG!

/Gnaarkill

tags

It was a fun game, with some horrible dice at some points, and brilliant dice in other moments. Anytime I can almost get a draw with these guys, I'm nearly happy with the match :D

Thanks for the game, and good luck further on!

tags

Oh, almost forgot, match day forwarded! Roll on day 3!