Season 34 Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, April 28, 2019, 04:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Ill just post the stats this time.

Even match, as always, between Lars and me.
Not much happenings on the field, but behind the nothingness there were great mind games of tactics ^^

GG Lars! For the greenskins! Whaaag! ;D

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on May 27, 2019, 08:21:32 PM

Wednesday would work well for me. Would 19:00 be a good time?

Yep, that's fine for me too. So see you tomorrow at 19:00!

tags

Surely, there must be a record number of draws this season :D

Gnaarkill

Lol, yea indeed!

Only team to score this week is the Mischief Masters :o

Barmution

Interestingly enough nobody are out of the race for the finals yet, at least in theory.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

All righty, this was one one of the purest bashy vs bashy match I've ever seen. Dwarfs started on the attack but the lizzie line held and even though one Saurus was -ST injured (and then killed by an apothecary who may or may not have been missing a corpse for a lecture he is about to have tomorrow in the University of Butchering for Doctors and Meatpackers), and Dwarfs couldn't get past with deeper Skink wall preventing deep penetrations. Dwarfs went for a break on the last possible moment, Lizardmen responded by sending a Skink to a scoring distance. Ball-carrying Dwarf managed to stay on his feet initially but then was forced out of bounds by a second block and the crowd toss gave the Illuminati a scoring chance. That they took, and thus the first half ended 1-0 for the Illuminati.
2nd half started with the 9 Dwarfs against 10 Lizards, but soon there were only 7 Dwarfs left and second Lizardmen TD seemed invetable. But then two unfortunate blocks followed which gave the Dwarfs a chance for the ball-carrying skink. Down he went and the ball landed next to endzone. There it was fumbled out of bounds by a Dwarf blitzer, perhaps intentionally, as the crowded ball was thrown back into the play and straight into the hands of a Dwarf Berserker. Suddenly there was an (unlikely) chance for a score for the Dwarfs with a deep going for it run from another Blitzer and a throw to him. But that would not be as the inaccurate pass took off succesfully but landed too much to the right for the Blitzer to get it and still make it to the goal. Mindless violence ensued, and then the match ended.
Nicely played by Napoleon, haven't checked the stats yet, but it felt like we both had good and bad breaks with the dice, so everything was about even. It really came down to the side getting most take-outs winning and this time it was the Lizards. Nice game, good luck in the rest, Napoleon the man!