Illuminato Lizardmen - NapoleonBlown-apart
Masters Of Mischief - Hakos
Metal Orkhestras - Lars
One Piece All-Stars - Gnaarkill
So dry So hot - Saitani
Vitamin D Deficients - Barmution
Zero Effort Noisedoers - J-Reedy

tags

MD2 is on! I'm gonna start having summer vacation problems with scheduling now for a few weeks, and I sorta hope I'm not the only one. I'm not sure I can keep the 1 match/week schedule through July.

Gnaarkill

Dont worry mate, we should just take a chill month and play whenever people are available for play  8)

I dont have any summer vacation this year. I will go to Japan in september instead, not a bad trade off in my opinion, haha ;D
Sooo, business as usual for me ^^

Lars, you up for some orcorc action? ;D

My OK starting times are:
Tuesday: 20:30 - 22:00
Wednesday: 20:30 - 22:00
Thursday: 20:30 - 22:00
Friday: No go
Saturday: Preferable early start, but evening is also ok :)
Sunday: Early start

/Gnaarkill

Lars

Quote from: Gnaarkill on July 02, 2019, 10:50:39 AM
Dont worry mate, we should just take a chill month and play whenever people are available for play  8)

I dont have any summer vacation this year. I will go to Japan in september instead, not a bad trade off in my opinion, haha ;D
Sooo, business as usual for me ^^

Lars, you up for some orcorc action? ;D

My OK starting times are:
Tuesday: 20:30 - 22:00
Wednesday: 20:30 - 22:00
Thursday: 20:30 - 22:00
Friday: No go
Saturday: Preferable early start, but evening is also ok :)
Sunday: Early start

/Gnaarkill

Wednesday: 20:30 will work for some green on green action.

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Lars on July 02, 2019, 12:26:09 PM

Wednesday: 20:30 will work for some green on green action.

/Lars

Cool, lets go for that! 8)
See you on wednesday my green brother! ;D

/Gnaar

hakos

I have no problem with a slower pace during vacation times.
However, I work during july so I can play on normal Schedule.

Seems it is time for Khemri's this time. I can play in the weekend, almost any time, feel free to propose a time.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

First match of day 2 has been played and it was an all green affair which ended in orc victory... Pirate Orc Victory, not Metal Orc Victory!

The anime all-stars managed to score the first and only goal of the match after a scramble from a good Metal Orkhestra kick-off, which landed close to the line of scrimmage. Lars had some bad dice in key situations in the first half but was close to score the equalizer already in that same half. Second half Lars gritted his teeth and had a good offence going. Some bad ball handling made a stop on the offence late in second half and thus the match ended in a 0-1 victory for the One Piece All-Stars.

Thank you for a good, tactical and bashy game Lars!
GG! 8)

/Gnaar

Saitani

I should be able to play this weekend. not sure what time but we can scheduale it aabit later

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, J-reedy.

I should be free Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 17:00-20:00, and I'll most likely be free between 17:00 and 19:00 on Sunday. Please tell me if any of these times work for you.

J-Reedy

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on July 04, 2019, 02:24:15 AM
I should be free Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 17:00-20:00, and I'll most likely be free between 17:00 and 19:00 on Sunday. Please tell me if any of these times work for you.

Hi Napoleon! Friday 19:00 would be the optimal time for me, hopefully that stills suits you too, sir.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 04, 2019, 03:49:27 PM
Hi Napoleon! Friday 19:00 would be the optimal time for me, hopefully that stills suits you too, sir.
That time suits me. See you then. :)

J-Reedy

Well, looking at those luck numbers I definately didn't feel that unlucky... Won the toss, elected to defend and got a blitz with a shallow kick that stalled the Illuminati offence quite a bit. Dwarf bards managed to hold their for almost half of the match until Skinks made a side-switch that left the stubby-legged ones scrambling for better defensive positions. But a good blitz from a Longbeard stopped the ball and despite heroic efforts from Napoleon's Skinks, the ball stayed mostly on the ground until the end of the half. Meanwhile, blodging Saurus got injured and another Saurus KO'd and didn't recover. Thus followed the second half with the Lizardmen going on defence undermanned.

But, as everyone knows, a bard, singer of soft ballads, has one natural enemy and that is hard rock. Meaning that a well placed rock thrown from the crowd stunned one of guard capable Longbeards on the line which caused the Dwarfs to lose their strength advantage and left two thirds of the Lizardmen line standing. At the same time Dwarf Runner managed to fumble the pickup. Suddenly the area close to the ball was swarming with Skinks. Some of them were quickly covered by open Dwarfs and a quick plan was hatched to open up two more Dwarfs for covering duty by taking down a Saurus trying to hold down three Dwarfs. Unfortunately the bard Blitzer tasked to the task failed to do downing of the big lizard even though his coach was yelling him instructions and went down himself. Situation looked grave, only the bard Runner was covering the ball and numerous Skinks were approaching. Luckily the Skink sent to down the ball covering Dwarf was quite perplexed by (the unfamiliar to him) task of Blitzing and got himself knocked down. Following these turns of events both sides had their players spread out all through the Dwarf half of the field and neither one could be guaranteed to find secure place if they got the ball up. This resulted in many successive plays of another side blitzing down the ball-carrier or player covering the ball, picking up the ball or failing in that and the another team doing the exact same thing until the ref decided to call the game.

Quite an exciting affair with rock-hard defence and fumbling offence on both sides. I definately felt more lucky than Napoleon on the first half but Napoleon really has the Skink play down and he managed to keep me on my toes with those little buggers. Thanks for the game, Napoleon, good luck in the rest!

hakos

Rats versus Walking Hot Dead 3-1

First half clearly belonged to the rats. Rats started as defenders but got a Blitz and scored 1-0 in turn 2. Khemri tried to attack but since their removal failed rats had enough ratpower to stop them from scoring.

Second half started well for Khemri. Rat's failed pickup 3 times and Khemri could mark the ball with three guys. But a gambling pick-up, gambling throw and gambling catch later 2-0 was a fact.

Now it was time for the surprise of the match. Rats made a long kick, khemri picked up. Next turn the thro-ra ran all he could, passed and another ag2 player catched the ball, ran and with some gfi scored. 2-1. Two turn touchdown for khemri despite fetching the ball next to their touch down zone.

Also, in the second half, Khemri started to hit hard and rat after rat left the field. With only 6-7 rats on the field for the last 4 turns it was not even certain that the ball could be protected and 2-2 seemed a possibility. Time for gambling again. The AG4 storm vermin picked up the ball and throwed it to Bianca who was thightly pressed to the sideline by a mummy and a skeleton. Bianca catched the ball, dodged away but the gfi to get completely out of reach failed. Next pick-up failed but in turn 16 the pick-up succeeded and 3-1 was a fact.

Khemri made a nice attempt at a one turn touch down. The pass once again succeeded but the Blitz-ra was one square away from scoring despite being pushed 3 times into the rat zone.

Thanks for the game Saitani. You sure surprised me several times with what you could do with the Khemri. If you had made the injuries in first half instead of second half this match would have looked very different.

/hakos

Saitani

Wow that was fun game but htose gutters didnt not want to leave the field when i punched them :P
Blitz set you up for an early leadi could never properly recover from after you managed to stop my drive with the two cage dives.
Secod half was much more acomadating when injuries and ko's was concerned.

i had a brain fart when pushing on the one turner i could have gotten another square up i changed the set up a bit.
Anyways gg and good luck in the rest of the season.

tags

Last match of the day has been played!

It was a game of weird dice, to be sure. Few failures with regards to bone-head and bloodlust, but picking up the ball, that seemed to be crazy difficult today... especially 2nd half, which admittedly was played in pouring rain. I was lucky to escape with 1-1 in this one, but nothing much except ball on the ground seemed to be happening in the second, so...

Thanks for the match Barm, let your pitches be dry and your gloves be sticky in the future!