FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, October 12, 2019, 11:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All righty, I'm not saying that lizzies and mice dominate this league but... For the second time in a row, let's give a big hand (preferably fisted and in your next match against these teams :) for the finalist teams of the NUL season 35:

ILLUMINATI LIZARDMEN coached by NapoleonBlownApart!

and

MASTERS OF MISCHIEF coached by Hakos!

You know the drill lads, new two team knockout league has been created for you, just let Kvasilad or me know when you're in and we'll start the league.

hakos

Feels great to be here again :)

Although, once again, it was not certain until the very last round.

Napoleon, I can play tomorrow (sunday) but after that there are few times. Probably not available for playing again until next weekend if tomorrow is not possible.

/hakos

edit: yes, I have registered

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, Hakos.
I can play tomorrow, but it would have to be 19:00 or later, since I am working on weekends at the moment.

hakos

Hi

Starting at 20:00 tomorrow (13-oct) would be perfect.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: hakos on October 12, 2019, 09:22:50 PM
Hi

Starting at 20:00 tomorrow (13-oct) would be perfect.

/hakos
That works for me, see you then.

hakos

Both teams are registered and time is settled.

Now we just need an administrator to start the competiton before 20 today.

/hakos

J-Reedy

Competition started, you're free to go at it! May the best team be pummeled into ground and the second best annihilated!  ;)

NapoleonBlown-apart

The skaven won the coin toss, and chose to defend. A skink was able to score, but had to do it early on turn 5 due to the threat posed by the skaven players, and this allowed the ratmen to score their own touchdown with an excellent gutter runner passing play, ending the first half with a score of 1-1.
In the second half, the skaven again managed to break through with their gutter runners, but an equalizer was scored by a skink on turn 15. With only one turn left for each team and the score at 2-2, extra time seemed certain, but that changed when the lizards were lucky enough to get a blitz at the kickoff. Choosing to avoid facing the kroxigor on the line of scrimmage, the skaven had left a gap in their defence, and a skink was able to run through and catch the ball, dodging away to score a touchdown on the final turn after an unsuccessful block from a skaven player.

Thanks for the match Hakos, it was very fun to play, and incredibly close. I was very lucky to have that blitz.

tags

Congratulations Napoleon on winning the season 35!

Seems like an exciting final, although it appears that the Mischief Masters might have had slightly more than their fair share of Nuffle's Wrath there :D

Gnaarkill

Congratulations Napoleon, impressive win! Nice to see a new face on top of the podium, congratulations to the first time league win! ;D 8)
(Myself is still looking for one after all these years, haha! ::) )

And as Kvasilad said, seemed to be quite the exciting match! Last turns must for sure have been real nailbiters!
Also, big up to the gentleman Hakos. Always a force to be reckon with. Especially in this stretch of seasons, last season winner and now runner-up... I dont dare to think of the skavens next season ;)

Season 36, LET'S GO!

/Gnaarkill

hakos

Congratulations to the win Napoleon and becoming the champion of season 35.

Well deserved, I do not think you lost a single game this season.

I did not feel that un-lucky as the stats show. It was an even game for sure. Both teams managed to score twice on their offence. Which is what I expected and why I started on defence. To get the edge in the extra time. But that Blitz was a real shock. Anyway, with both teams at zero RR the winner in extra time was probably close to 50/50 so I cannot complain.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Thank you, everyone. :D It certainly was a very exciting match.