Season 36 Match Day 4

Started by tags, October 30, 2019, 10:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Thanks for the game Lazer.

It was a very nice and kind match. Orcs only managed four injuries on the rats and two of them were made in turn 16. Lot's of pushes. I think that was the deciding factor.

Otherwise it was mostly a normal match.

First half orcs started on offence, rats managed to pressure them so they lost the ball. Rat's scored in turn 8.

Second half rats started on offence and scored in turn 14 after a relatively normal "go right so orcs move to the right, then move left and screen away the orcs" maneuver. This allowed the ball carrier to smoothly transport the ball across the entire field and score.

With just four turns left for the orcs, it was already a lost game, but Nuffle denied them even a single goal by allowing a blitz for the rats, which gave the end result, 3-0.

16 spp to orcs so at least the orcs got some consolation prize and their star thrower will finally learn to block.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Lars on December 01, 2019, 12:06:00 PM
Match between rats and orcs has been played rats won 3-0.

could not upload the result got this error when trying

[12:01:41.070][Header] Attempting to connect to bb2replayer.com:8825
[12:01:42.136][Error ] Unable to synchronize with server bb2replayer.com:8825:
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 188.166.131.98:8825

/Lars

Yup, had the same problem when trying to upload the match between me and saitani.
- "Kvasilad, O' mighty lord of computer science, help us in this time of need!"

I sure do hope that he hears our prayers ;D ;D

/Gnaar

tags

Not really sure wth happened, but the server was not running. Can't find an error in the logs, just that the process was killed. Guess I have a bug/memleak/something somewhere, as it had been running for 77 days :D

Anyway, server is up again now

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on November 28, 2019, 07:39:22 AM
Quote from: J-Reedy on November 28, 2019, 06:20:15 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on November 26, 2019, 10:03:48 PM
Busy week, then! I'm afraid Friday is tough for me, but both Tuesday and Wednesday next week would be good. Preferrably Tuesday, come to think of it, as Wednesday _may_ become tricky.

Tuesday works fine. How about 19.00? My preferred window is 18-20.30

19 on Tuesday is perfect, see you then!

yarrrr, Tuesday got hijacked! Can you still play Wednesday at 19?

Gnaarkill

0-3 seems to be the outcome when facing rats with orcs. I feel ya green brother!
Damn you, damn you mischievous rats!

;D ;D

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on December 01, 2019, 11:34:24 PM

Sure, Wednesday is still open, so let's go at it at 19 on Wednesday!

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 02, 2019, 11:31:06 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on December 01, 2019, 11:34:24 PM

Sure, Wednesday is still open, so let's go at it at 19 on Wednesday!

Great, thanks!

Gnaarkill

Ok, so better late than never I guess :)

/Gnaar

Saitani

i didnt expect the luck diffrence to be that high but you got some good value from your blocks :P

J-Reedy

And the last match of the week 4 has been matched into the books with the following results:

The game got to an awful start - from the ZEN perspective that is - with two dwarfs being carried away on the first two turns. Armor was like paper on the first half and the bearded bards could do nothing to stop the fraggles from storming through the right flank of the Dwarfs. 1-0. The Dwarfs started their first attack with a surprise, bringing in their special effects goblin, who started tossing fireworks around. The loud sounds and flashes confused the Ogres enough so that the Dwarfs managed push through the right flank of the Ogres, thus proving that  right flanks of defences were like paper in this match. Bit of of bobbing, bashing and Gnoblar massacring later, the bards ran in the equalizer ending the half 1-1.

Second half started with ZEN going 9 Dwarfs against full Ogre side. Fragglers placed a shallow kick near the line and Dwarfs were forced to try to break the left flank of the Ogre defence. Which was a mistake. Dwarfs got their blitzer to lead the attack with a ball-carrying runner following him. When an Ogre blitzed the runner, he decided to dump-off to the blitzer. Now, there was just a swarm of Gnobblars between the Blitzer and the goal. Our brave blitzer decided to what he does by blitzing and dodging through the swarm. He got real close to the goal line before the Gnobblar swarm reached him and took him down. The field was split, with Ogres and most of the Dwarfs wrestling in the middle and the Gnobblars swarming the ball with two lonely Dwarfs. Both sides decided to abandon the midfield tossle and started bringing more muscle into the fight for the ball. Ogres were slowed down by their boneheadedness but they managed to get two of the big guys next to the ball, while the short-legged bards were bringing in half a dozen beards with two brave bards holding down the three other Ogres near the midfield. Bit of bashing followed with neither side getting the ball into safety. Finally Dwarf runner dashed in to pick up the ball away from the hands of a Gnoblar and an Ogre and then proceeded to handoff the ball to the blitzer who ran in the ball. 2-1. On the ensuing kickoff crowd errupted into a riot, which left the Ogres with just a single chance of scoring, Ogre Airways. But the test of Gnoblar aerodynamics was cancelled due to a mishap where an Ogre hit himself into a chin instead of the Dwarf he was targeting.

Real fun game where the early injuries really got me into a heck if I care gear where I just kept my feet on the gas pedal and did foolish things that should've failed miserably. Meanwhile, Kvasilad was getting boneheaded hard by his big guys, so suddenly I found myself winning the game where I had almost abandoned all hope. Thanks again for the game, Tags, good luck in getting that team you're hoping for for the next season ;)