FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, March 13, 2020, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All righty, it's an undefeated team against a team that was only defeated by the undefeated team. Will the Khemri continue their lossless streak or will the Amazons take revenge on the team that handed them their only loss of the regular season? We'll find out in the FINALS that is
MUSIC IN THE BONES vs MPDG FEVER

Finals league has been created and MPDG are already in. Lars the Lazer, just register your team and we'll be all set. As to the gaming time, I should be free most of the weekend, so if have free time on this Saturday or Sunday, just suggest a time and I should be able to make it. As to the next week, currently I only know for sure that Wednesday 18-20 is OK. Let me know what suits you, sir.

Lars

Let's go for Saturday at 18:00

/Lars

J-Reedy

hakos

Congratulations to two worthy finalists in one of our fastest and most even seasons ever. Well done.

Is it the first time in the finals for both of you?

/hakos

J-Reedy

Lars is NUL Champ from season... waiting for the News ticker to advance... .... ... ... 29 with Crooked Crocs.

I made the finals in my first second season in NUL, Season 3 or 4, with... wait for it... Amazon team (Cougar Kittens). I've been in finals at least once after that, could've been third time too, but not sure without checking the archives. Both finals appearances that I remember my team was decimated, and it may be that both times I played against Mr. B. Hopefully that won't happen this time (well, the Mr. B. part won't happen).

Add: Well, it looks like I didn't remember two of my finals appearances, here they all are:
- In the finals in season 4 with Amazons against Mr B's Undead. Here are my comments after the match: "I just had one of those games. You know the one. Opponent seems to score a knockdown on every roll and you're armor is breaking on almost every throw. Two of your blitzers get killed and third gets -MV. You're team rating goes down over 200 points. The game during which you're planning which team you'll be playing next season with. You know, that game."
- In the finals in season 19 with Orcs (Da Beatmores) against Kvasilad's Lizards, no stats showing, but Kvasilad commented on 2nd half injuries deciding the match.
- In the finals in season 25 with Wood Elfs (En Traiders) against Barmution's Necros, three dead line-elfs on my side.
- In the finals in season 26 with Woodies against Barmution once again, three niggles/stats losses on my side.

So, it seems I have a tendency of getting my players seriously injured and deaded in the finals...

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 13, 2020, 01:23:01 PM
Lars is NUL Champ from season... waiting for the News ticker to advance... .... ... ... 29 with Crooked Crocs.
Wait, what, there's still a news ticker? Have I been completely blind for a year or two? I thought we lost that with the forum upgrade.

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on March 13, 2020, 01:49:47 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on March 13, 2020, 01:23:01 PM
Wait, what, there's still a news ticker? Have I been completely blind for a year or two? I thought we lost that with the forum upgrade.

No... It's up there, at least on Firefox:

tags

ooooh, there's a little arrow next to "NUL Blood Bowl Forum" where you can toggle in more display, I haven't noticed that, hahah

Lars

Had forgot that i was in a final but S-29 was quite a while ago.

/Lars

J-Reedy

Death doth stalketh em.... Yeah, not feeling up to that now, just couldn't get anything done in this match and got a blitzer killed and another blitzer niggled (apo'd from being killed), so I continued my Finals record of butchering my team. Match started well with Lars' Thro-Ra fumbling the pickup 3 times in a row. Tried to take advantage of this, but 2 snake-eyed dodges and Khemri bash-fest resulted in 4 KOs in 4 turns. With first of the deaths (that got apo'd) added there, stopping the cage after was simply not possible and the Khemri scored on 7th turn. 2nd half on attack, tried to swarm the backfield but dodges just started failing and Khemri continued with the KO. Then my blitzer skulled and killed herself, so I had to go for desperate feat. Which meant a long bomb from the midfield to the endzone. My strong-armed Thrower delivered and the game was 1-1 at the halfpoint of the 2nd half. Lars got on attack, picked up the ball fine and caged up. I tried to pressure the cage, but couldn't get to the ball and then the match ended... Which meant that I had chosen wrong setup for the league. But as the situation was at that point 11 Khemri against 6 Amazon and ball caged up, the committee of fastly fixed enermous fumbled endings (COFFEFE) decided to declare the Khemri winners of the Season 37!

Thanks again for the game Lars, and sorry about my mess up. No doubt you would've walked the ball in, especially with me having spent all rerolls.

J-Reedy

While adding the new Champ to the News ticker, I made a realization, that we've now have a Khemri champion twice in a row. Kind of surprising!

Lars

Thanks for the match J-reedy to bad that the match was cut short but was feeling i had the upper hand and was playing on the premises that we was about to hit the overtime. So think the it was the right way to handle the abrupt ending.

Cya S-38 where the music in the bones will appear once more.

/Lars

tags

All right, congratulations Lars! Pity about the management confusion, but it sounds like it was well-deserved :)

hakos

Season Winner and Final Winner, with 0 losses. Impressive and Well played Lars.

I still do not understand how to play a Khemri team, but apparently they are good if you know what you are doing.

/hakos

Lars

Thanks for The gratulations
/Lars