Hell Dwellers - Gnaarkill
Le petit morte - Saitani
MPDG Fever - J-Reedy
Music in the Bones - Lars
Noob Elves - NapoleonBlown-apart
The Candidates - kvasilad

Ughwanks Bums - (walkover machine)

tags

J-R, time for the girls to meet the hopefuls!

I can play Wednesday + Thursday evening (from 18-ish and onward), plus most of Sunday (though preferably early-to-midday)

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on January 28, 2020, 08:52:55 PM
J-R, time for the girls to meet the hopefuls!

I can play Wednesday + Thursday evening (from 18-ish and onward), plus most of Sunday (though preferably early-to-midday)
Well, we could try if the manical pixie fever has any effect on the already frenzied  and deceased wannabees on Thursday 18.30. If that falls through, we can keep Sunday at 10 in the reserve.

Lmk if that suits you, sir.

tags

Thursday 1830 sounds like a perfectly opportune time for this little experiment, see you then!

Gnaarkill

Yo Saitani!

Men vs Dead men. Ahh, a classic! 8)

Pretty busy week for me, sorry, my OK-times below:
Friday: 20 - late
Monday - Wednesday (next week): 20 - 21

/Gnaarkill

Saitani

shall we say monday at 21.00 ?

hakos

Ah, the smell of a fresh teams plus the smell of a new season. Aaah, almost as good as a roasted boar.

Napoleon: my noobs are ready to face your noobs almost whenever during the weekend. Just let me know when it suits you.

/hakos

tags

J-R, just realizing that 18:30's gonna be real tight. Are you OK with pushing it to 19:00?

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on January 30, 2020, 04:09:34 PM
J-R, just realizing that 18:30's gonna be real tight. Are you OK with pushing it to 19:00?

No worries, 19:00 it is then!

tags

Well, first match played. I started off with a Nuffle headwind tailwind that I did not manage to capitalize on, but it turned quite drastically halfway through, and resulted in a pretty dreary second half. Oh well, it was at least a fun half :P

Thanks for the match, and good luck further on!

J-Reedy

All good stories either start or end with death. Like the classic story of Ham Let, the little piggy that didn't know that he was named after his fate, that of being a ham. But that's not our story. This is story about the Amazonian tribe of MPDG that decided to travel the world to take on all that would be prepared to meet them on the field of Blood Bowl. And thus it would be that their first match was against The Candidates, a Necromantic collection of contenders. And this is where the story starts, with the death of Claire Colburn, brutally slain in the opening moments of the match by a wight Amy Clobber, jealous for the attention that the amazonians were getting from her team-mates. But this did not scare the MPDGs who refused to budge, giving their best on the defence against the Necromantic offence and taking revenge on the death of their tribemate by killing the Zombie Marianne Killiamson. The MPDG were helped enormously by The Candiates' werewolf, who refused to follow his coaches orders of getting away from the opposition players after frenziedly trying to take them down and tripped on his feet and smacked his head on the field hard every time he was leaving the precense of the feverishly manic Amazonians. This lack of enthusiasism for dodging might've been due to enthusiasm shown by of the said werewolf when he first laid eyes on his opposition. Such strong was the wolf's reaction that it actually inspired a sculptor spectating the match to chisel a masterpiece of work:

The first half of the match in this story that started with a death ended with a Ghoul taking himself out when trying to blitz an Amazonian that had gotten hold of the ball after the said Ghoul had tripped on the extended leg while trying to dodge away to score. Thus followed the second half, where the MPDG were on the offence and The Candidates were trying to contain them. And then this story that started with death turned into story of attrition. The offensive Amazonians started darting around the field, going from right to left to right to center to left while their numbers were dwindling down by oppositions blocks and blitzes.  But for every member of the tribe taken out, two of the Candidate Zombies were also taken off the field and thus in the end only a handful of The Candidates were left and blocked away from the ball by a wall of MPDGs. Then came a score and the Candidates, with 7 players and too few minutes of game time left, decided to just play Wight catch game. And thus ended the story.

Pretty normal rookie teams match here, though I got really anxious when I already had a dead linewoman after the first three blocks of the game. But luckily the gals managed to hold the line with column defence and Kvasiman had to make a hard three dodge run to have chance of scoring in the final turns, and Nuffle didn't look upon the dodges with favourable eye. Second half I had the numbers advantage, 11 against 10 (actually 12 against 9 as I had an Amazonian infiltrator Zombie in Kvasilad's ranks due to the death) and with some armor and injury luck I managed to maintain the advantage. Thanks again for the game, Kvasilad, and better luck in the future games!

tags

Great write-up J-R, love seeing these kinds of pieces, really adds to the NUL atmosphere :)

Gnaarkill

@Saitani << Perfect, it's a deal! 21.00 on monday! 8)

@J-R << Fantastic summary, keep up the good work! ;D

/Gnaarkill

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: hakos on January 29, 2020, 10:09:48 PM
Ah, the smell of a fresh teams plus the smell of a new season. Aaah, almost as good as a roasted boar.

Napoleon: my noobs are ready to face your noobs almost whenever during the weekend. Just let me know when it suits you.

/hakos
Hello, Hakos.

Would 18:00 on Sunday work for you?

hakos

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on February 01, 2020, 01:29:34 AM
Quote from: hakos on January 29, 2020, 10:09:48 PM

/hakos
Hello, Hakos.

Would 18:00 on Sunday work for you?

That should indeed work well for me. It's a deal. /hakos