Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, January 30, 2020, 06:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Ah, I see that the amazons with 4 deads finally managed to catch up with the lizards 3 deads + 1 kicked due to being too hurt to continue to play. Well, it is a record that I'm happy to not lead anymore. I feel with you J-Reedy.

But seems the amazonians handle it well. With an assured victory in day 7 they will end up in place 1, 2 or 3.

With one match left of day 6 and three matches left of day 7 it seems to be very even with 5 teams having a shot at top 2.

/hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on March 08, 2020, 04:23:18 PM
Ah, I see that the amazons with 4 deads finally managed to catch up with the lizards 3 deads + 1 kicked due to being too hurt to continue to play. Well, it is a record that I'm happy to not lead anymore. I feel with you J-Reedy.
/hakos

Well, I've had "luck" with the deaths in that they've all hit 0 spp linewoman. Though I've had to use apo on two deaths on blitzers, so that's an average of 6 would be deaths in 6 matches. In my opinion you've been more unlucky as two of your death/injuries have hit Sauri. That's really the worse thing that can happen to rookie lizzies as those bigger lizards are so damn expensive.

But yep, now it's just time to wait what happens with rest of the matches.

tags

Last match of the day played. It was a tense affair that could've gone both ways, but I drew the longest straw in the end.

A game-defining moment came early when I was able to injure Moranian, a 210k star player, on the line of scrimmage on the very first turn. After that, I had two ST4 players to Napoleon's one, and things might've looked very different if the strength balance had been even.

My first drive was quite methodical, switching from left to right to left to right again, breaking through and scoring with a couple of turns left. I wanted to stall out the half, but was threatened and chickened out. Noob Elves had a chance to equalize, but failed a hand-off to a marked player. There would've been a few more hard rolls after that, so it was a challenging play.

Second half starts with a pitch invasion, and with several players out I had little hope of stopping the agile ones. Seeing the threat of my wolves and ghouls, though, Napoleon scored early, leaving 6 turns left to play in the half.

I didn't really plan for it, but seeing an opening due to the elves over-committing a bit on one flank, I went for an explosive play myself, bursting through the seams with a wolf and knocking a couple of defenders out that were in range. An MA8 player using two GFI's is a helluva thing. An elf did manage to mark the wolf, though, and since I had to use an RR when dodging away, my plans for stalling quickly changed. I got squeamish and secured the go-ahead 2-1 TD right away.

That still left Noob Elves with 3 full turns to play, and the match was still up in the air.

Having been a bit under-utilized, though, it seems as though frenzy awareness had faded a bit, and the defense took advantage of a crowd surfing opportunity on the flank. The push through the middle was also successfully stopped, and ultimately, the last drive was quite contained.

Thanks for the match Napoleon, shame about the star player going down that early, stats don't really reflect how important that luck factor in the first turn really was.