Hell Dwellers - Gnaarkill
Le petit morte - Saitani
MPDG Fever - J-Reedy
Music in the Bones - Lars
Noob Elves - NapoleonBlown-apart
The Candidates - kvasilad

Ughwanks Bums - (walkover machine)

tags

Back after my walkover, only to face the bashiest team in the league, should rather have been the other way 'round  ;D

Anyway Lars, I should be available for an evening game Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. Weekend looks busy for now.

When can you play?

Saitani

Hakos im up for our game almost anytime even tonight if you fancy abit of monday evning bash.

Lars

Quote from: kvasilad on February 17, 2020, 07:31:14 PM
Back after my walkover, only to face the bashiest team in the league, should rather have been the other way 'round  ;D

Anyway Lars, I should be available for an evening game Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. Weekend looks busy for now.

When can you play?

I am up for a match tomorrow Tuesday starting 20 if thats okej.

/Lars

tags

Quote from: Lars on February 17, 2020, 11:10:30 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 17, 2020, 07:31:14 PM

When can you play?

I am up for a match tomorrow Tuesday starting 20 if thats okej.

/Lars
Yep, sounds good!

hakos

Quote from: Saitani on February 17, 2020, 07:45:17 PM
Hakos im up for our game almost anytime even tonight if you fancy abit of monday evning bash.

Hi Saitani

Sorry, didn't check the forum yesterday. But tonight (tuesday) starting at 19-20 should work for me.

/Hakos

Saitani

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, J-reedy.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to play during weekdays at the moment, but I might be able to play today if you see this in time and ping me on discord, and tomorrow (Wednesday) between 18:00 and 19:30 should be fine. If neither of those work, I'll be free at the weekend at 16:00-20:00 on both Saturday and Sunday. Please let me know if any of these times suit you.

Saitani

tags

This was just some nice, clean, skeleton-on-zombie fun, with surprisingly little serious violence.

Lars started with possession, and played solid advancement, eventually leaving me out of position and with the choice of risking my wolves against too many bones, or just letting it go and try to take out some other players. As it happens, I got close to being overpowered by half of the Bones team, but one of my golems managed to take out a tomb guardian with an MNG, which was huge. Lars' initial touchdown was pretty much uncontested on his last turn of the drive, however.

The Candidates receive in the 2nd half, and I display my usual trademark patience by madly rushing up the sidelines with a ghoul as a meat shield and two wolves trailing close behind. Well thought-out tactic, that. The ghoul gets KO'd, but amazingly, the carrying wolf manages to dart away and speed off with the pigskin, leaving the shambling skeletons too far behind to strip it. 1-1 with a few turns to go.

The last part of the game was tense, as there were several dramatic turns. Feeling the pressure of the clock, Lars tried to be more offensive, but a few bad rolls tripped him up. Towards the end, I managed to snatch the ball up with a wolf, but was unable to make the TD pass required. But really, it was a fun match that could easily have been 2-1 or 1-2, but happened to end up at 1-1.

And I was damn lucky to escape with both my wolves and the ghoul intact for next game, given that I failed to protect them from MB blitzes at times.

Thanks for the game Lars, and good luck further on!

(Also, I'm just now noticing the player names of Music in the Bones, which are pretty hilarious :D)
(ps2: ...although I think it was an opportunity missed to not give 'Pop Pelvis' the name 'Pelvis Presley'  ;D)

Saitani

Well this game was  a change of pace from being relative peacefull drunkards with poor footwork they turned into murdering knights with glue on their goves and adimantium armour. put it bluntly haakos had a full casualty box by the end of the first drive with 5 guys out including 2 sauri. with a full team the dead royalty stole the ball two more times and by the end the score was 3-0. Better luck in the next game Haakos. 

tags

Oh wow, I think hakos has found the thinnest-skinned Saurii out there when recruiting for this season  ???

J-Reedy

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on February 18, 2020, 06:43:47 PM
Hello, J-reedy.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to play during weekdays at the moment, but I might be able to play today if you see this in time and ping me on discord, and tomorrow (Wednesday) between 18:00 and 19:30 should be fine. If neither of those work, I'll be free at the weekend at 16:00-20:00 on both Saturday and Sunday. Please let me know if any of these times suit you.

Hi Napoleon. I must be taking the coaching of my team much too seriously, as I managed to catch high fever on Sunday and today is the first day I'm feeling relatively fine. Still can't stand up for long times, so I better not risk trying to game yet today. So to make sure that I recover enough, let's go for a BB match on Sunday at 17:00 if that still suits you, sir.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 19, 2020, 01:24:42 PM
Hi Napoleon. I must be taking the coaching of my team much too seriously, as I managed to catch high fever on Sunday and today is the first day I'm feeling relatively fine. Still can't stand up for long times, so I better not risk trying to game yet today. So to make sure that I recover enough, let's go for a BB match on Sunday at 17:00 if that still suits you, sir.
That works well for me, See you then, and I hope you get well soon.

J-Reedy

Nobody knows what lies under the hood of the Silent Stalker, but as the Great Reaper is know for boney disposition, it is unlikely that there are lips to lick. Good thing at that, because today, first time ever, Death was disappointed in the MPDG Fever match. But as stipulated, licking of lips was not likely done even though it was a close one, both the game and the collection of Death's toll. The Amazons started on the offence and went at it as always, feinting left, moving to center, going to right and then switching to left. The opponents of the fevered tribe, pro Elven side of Noob Elves tried to flex with the jerky movement of the Amazonians but right after the half point of the hal the Amazons had broken through. At this point the Elfs sent their Blitzer to break the loose Amazon cage, forcing the manical pixies to score fast. What resulted was a fast Elven drive where they had three plays to make and that was all they needed. Amazonian Blitzer was KO'd, opening up the route for the lightning fast Elf Catcher. The Elf broke through, guarded by teammates, and even though the Amazon tried to cover the ball, the agile Elfs were not to be stopped and a dodge later the game was tied 1-1.

Second half started with the MPDG Blitzing on the kickoff, and with a deep kick, the Elfs were backed away deep into their own half. The pointy eared ones took a play out of the Amazon playbook and feinted left before sprinting horizontally to the right side and then turning sharp to for a deep vertical run towards the goal. Most of the MPDG tribe followed and so did Death. This time the victim to be would the linewoman Marla Singer, who was carried off the field lifeless after a she was taken down when the Elfs made their side switch. But Marla was no soft rookie who would succumb to whispers of Death, however enticing they would be. All of the Stadium, looking once again in horror as the favourites of Death were to lose a member once again, were suddenly jerked into a giant cheer when a primal scream was heard and the spectators came to realize that the scream echoed from Marla who had been literally beaten back to life by the MPDG apothecary. This surprise result rallied the Amazons and it looked like they managed to stop the Elven advance next to sidelines with 4 Amazons guarding the ball-carrier. But the Elfs, be they Noob or not, are not to be underestimated in their skills of avoiding cover. With a help from a teammate's blitz the ball-carrying Catcher had an opening to dodge for the TD and that he did, to bring the game to 2-1 for the Elfs.

MPDG had given the Elfs three plays to tie and being gentlement, the Noob Elfs had left the Amazonians with one more play to do the same. The ball was kicked and the manical drive began. Front line of the Elfs was stunned, with all three Elfs losing their bearings as the furious front line of cackles and leers hit them down against the pitch. Receivers swarmed through from the both sides with a supporting tribe member and thus Elfs suddenly found themselves bunched up in the middle of the field with pink figures darting between them. The Elfs recovered and blocked the Amazon advance that was clearly trying to break through from the left. But then the pink figures swerved, cleared the right side of the field and the Thrower carrying the ball quickly ran to midfield and delivered an accurate pass to a Receiver who was now covered by four of her tribemates. But the Elfs still had a trick up their sleeve and that trick was their natural agility. Three Elves dodged through the cover and managed to get next to the carrying Receiver. And then, when the Receiver tried to hand off the ball to a Thrower behind her, the ball was fumbled back into the hands of the Receiver and it looked like the Amazonian advance was halted even though the Amazonians managed to clear away the immediate blocking threat. But agile Elfs just jumped up, dodged away to gather speed and slammed into the ball-carrying Amazon with a blitz that loosened the ball. And as an Elf Blitzer broke through to secure the ball and ran away, it looked like that defensive play had won the game for the Elfs. But this game was simply too close to call. The ball carrying Elf Blitzer was brought down by his more manical counterpart and the ball was loose. The Amazon veteran Thrower ran to pick up the ball, kicked the ball up, caught it midair and then twisted her body back and let loose a short pass to the linewoman Sam Freehan. The crowd gasped as Sam caught the ball, turned and saw nothing but an empty field between herself and the goal. She made it the final seconds, just before the ref was raising the whistle for the end game blow. And so it ended, 2-2.

Well, this one was exciting, neither team got a permanent advantage with the injuries until in the very final drive where I racked up half of my casualties in the game. I did have the woman advantage at most points of the game though, with Napoleon's second Blitzer spending most of the game in the KO box. I had to score fast when Napoleon broke throught to my loose cage and then simply couldn't stop the two Elf TDs that followed. The final drive was a whoosy, thought I already had Napoleon when I got a pass through from the right with most of the Elfs on the left flank. But those agily pointies just dodged through and it finally came down to a hail-Mary pass. Very exciting game and Napoleon the Elfs just right. Thanks again for the game, this was a good one!