Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, January 30, 2020, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 29, 2020, 02:25:58 PM
Quote from: hakos on February 23, 2020, 08:18:56 PM
Sunday is a good assumption. Right now I have nothing else planned. /hakos

Would 12.00 tomorrow on Sunday work for you? Any time from 9 to 18 will do though if you prefer some other time of day.

The perfect time for me would be a start at 10:00. But in case you are not available at 10 I will log in at 12 as well.

/hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on February 29, 2020, 08:30:04 PM
The perfect time for me would be a start at 10:00. But in case you are not available at 10 I will log in at 12 as well.

/hakos

10 is OK, just got back home from the wedding, so I have... 9 hours for sleep. Should be plenty enough

hakos

woohoo, that was the best match so far for the lizards /hakos

J-Reedy

Lustria, the home of both Amazons and Lizardmen and also a battleground between these two races. One would think that the Lizardmen with their big and bad Sauri would have the upper hand in any confontration between these two sides but... Have you ever seen what material the bags and shoes of the Amazons are made? Yup, that should tell you what the true power balance between the handbag material growers and harvesters of the said material is.

Such deep is the animosity between these tribes that even Death himself considers it wise to stay out of these quarrels and thus today was the first time ever that the Grim Reaper didn't visit the MPDG Fever as they were playing definately not a friendly game against the Lizardmen side named Good Game Gauls. The Amazons were the first team to attack and this time they abandonded their trusty feint to to the right, go for the left, switch to center and go to the right and then left tactic and decided to punch through from their left flank. However, the Lizardmen,  even though they were seriously crippled from their previous matches against the Bretonnian and Necromantic Undead, put up a fight. The manical pixie tribe of Amazons drew the first blood by KO'ing a Skink and pushing one Saurus out of the field but this just inspired the Lizardmen and they managed to blitz down the ball-carrier and even secured the ball themself by some clever team movement. But the supreme Lustrians struck back, taking down the Skink with the ball... only to find the ball bounce to a Saurus. Which meant that the Saurus was the next one to hit the dirt and the ball ended up in the hands of Samantha the Receiver. Good Game Gauls put everything they had on the defence, crowding the route to the goal and the Amazonians didn't manage to clear a route for Samantha, so the score required three dodges and sprinting twice as fast as Amazonians normally do. But, as this was a game of Lustrian rivalry, that proved to be effortless of a feat and the Amazons took the 0-1 lead.

After a meaningless kickoff to end the first half, the Lizardmen went for an offence and the start was promising as a KO on the front line evened up the number of players to 10 both. But then the Skink who was supposed to pickup the ball fumbled and the fevered Amazonians rushed in between the front line of Sauri and the ball covering Skink. The Gauls however managed to push back the Amazonian who had made it closest to the ball and second time proved to be a charm with the pickup. But with Amazonians all around, the ball was definately not secure. Block followed a block and a blitz later there were only two Sauri standing with rest of the scaled ones soaking up the sun lying on their back with ball between them. The ball was the first one to get up as Amazonian lineplayer grabbed it and moved away from the Lizardmen who were slower in getting up but when they did, everybody rushed towards the ball. Only to find themselves getting punched down to ground again and the ball slipping away towards the goal. Now the only chance for the Gauls of stopping the  goal was to send a Skink to cover the ball-carrier but as the Skink was tripped down by an Amazonian pursehunter there was nothing left to do and the MPDGs made the game 0-2. The Gauls still had a chance for a consolidation TD but a Blitzed kickoff and unfortunate block attempt later the score was settled.

Yup, the numbers say it all, Hakos had horrible luck with dodges, his Skinks rolled at least two snake-eyes when dodging and as my players refused to get injured and just kept getting pushbacked most of the time, this one was a tough one for the Lizards. But Hakos took what he could out of the game, getting the ball out from me two times but in the end there were just too many skull+both downs from the Sauri. And, if I recall correctly, I didn't fail a single dodge during the game, which is bit on an anamoly. But thanks again for the game, Hakos, and let's hope you break your streak of every other game of yours being a bloodbath in the next one!

hakos

Brilliant summary as always J-Reedy!

tags

Wow, hakos can't catch a break this season.

tags

Well, that was a bit of exciting back'n'forth, with some pretty weird dice throughout.

I felt I was in control of the game with the go-ahead 1-0 in the first half, but Saitani pulled off a pretty crazy hail mary pass on turn 10, which I was absolutely not ready for. The next drive continued in the same aggressive fashion, The Candidates were caught back-footed, lost the ball, and were suddenly down by 1. The only saving grace was that Le Petit Morte was not safe enough to stall. With only 3 turns left to do it, it was The Candidates' turn to amp up the aggresssion level. Caution was thrown to the wind, and a breakthrough with a lone wolf was made, which was just enough for the final equalizer.

All in all, a pretty intense match. Thanks for the game, Saitani!

Lars

Match played between bone characters in different shape and form. Match ended 1-1 after have been 0-0 in half time after a take down by the khemri close to the goal in round 7. Second half gave a nail biting and close where the the undead ran in a ball in round 4 after a basilion dodges. The khemri team was stressed and put the pressure on one side an managed to move the ball forward in a sufficient tempo to be able to score in the last round. The match saw several injuries but most was regenerated.

Thanks Gnaarkill  was a tight and fun match

/Lars