Match Day 2

Started by tags, March 21, 2020, 10:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saitani

yup sunday at 19.00 i can do

J-Reedy

Well, it seems the Elfs and the Amazon can't decide which team is the better one, as the secong meeting between MPDG Fever and Noob Elves ended in the same 2-2 result as the first one. And as in the previous match, the Amazons scored their equalizer on the final seconds of the match. Manical pixie Amazons started on the offence and surprised everybody by long passing the ball right to next to endzone on their second play as the Noob Elves had started putting the pressure on the ball. The Elves however responded by blitzing down the catcher with the ball but as there were more Amazon on the Elf side of the field than Elves, the Amazons got the ball pressure advantage and got hold of the ball first and scored the go-ahead 1-0 at the midpoint of the half. The Elves responded on the offence with a typical Elf play, sending two receivers to the Amazon side and holding the ball back. But surprisingly the equalizing score didn't come from a pass but from a blitz followed by a run to the endzone. 1-1 and the half ended.
Second half, Elves got the ball first. Noob Elves use the same play but this time the Amazon get some pressure on the ball and the ball carrier has to doge away and actually pass the ball. Catcher breaks free, gets blitzed, takes two hits without flinching and dodges away to score 1-2 go-ahead. Amazon start their drive that proves to be the final one. The deciding play is made on first play when the most strenghtiest of the Elves is blitzed down and injured so seriously, that he'll have a limp for rest of his life. This gives the Amazons strength advantage with their guard linewoman. The pixies start advancing and manage to pick off Elves one by one, sending two to the KO box and then one of the Elf linemen kills himself when by slipping on his feet while trying to blitz ball-carrier. The situation looks grim for the Elves, but they do what they can and crowd the Amazon cage on the final minute of the game and send a player to keep the carrier glued. MPDG players try to bring down the Elves but they refuse to go down and so the score depends on Samantha the Catcher making a dodge and running the ball in. That she does without even flinching and the game ends in the 2-2 tie.

Well, I commented to Napoleon, that he'll have helluva unlucky move stats as there were loads of 1s on his dodges and gfis, but oh-boy, the that luck is really nasty. However, Napoleon played an excellent game, keeping me on my toes on offence and not really giving me any chance to stop the ball on defence. Very nice game, thanks again for the match and better luck in the rest, mr. Blown-apart!

hakos

Allright, day 2 is finished. The last game ends 1-1 after two very one sided halfs.

The first half clearly belonged to the Bretonnians. Three dead in turn 4. One of them the Kroxigor. After those first 4 turns it was impossible to stop the knighly offence since the lizards were out of position, out manned and out muscled. However, by ignoring the Cage completely and just beating down on the outer defense it was still a bit equal in strength. But not much happened and the Knights score 1-0.

Second half started 8-9 in the Knights favor. But this half belonged to the Lizards and after just 2-3 turns the Lizards had the numerical advantage. And that is when the strength start to shine. In mid half Knights could do nothing but Blitz from a lying down position. When the equalizer score came Knights only had 4 players left on the field.

Thanks for the game Saitani. I think the luck numbers will be relatively equal. Probably quite bad for both of us. Not much of a game, more of swinging a couple of Pints with Nuffle.

/hakos

Saitani

Yea that game did not go they way i thought it was gona go after the first half. :P Nuffle heard your prayers and took a shining to you in the second half but thats blood bowl!
everything was pretty even with the exeption og the gfi's. any ways good luck in the next one :)

tags

What the... The Krox dead? Damn, Nuffle has really cursed GGG with some horrible casualties.

Saitani

Hakos bought this team from a shady guy on the other side of the tracks. So the build quality aint that great. also managed to badly hurt 2 sauri and kill a  skink