Match Day 6

Started by tags, March 21, 2020, 10:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Sure, I'll  just empty the washing machine and put the laundry out to dry and after that it should be close to 15. So ready for BB in half an hour!

J-Reedy

Fudge, fudge, fudge.... Remember fellows, when writing a longish match report, do it in Word and not in browser.... Because you're likely to hit a shortcut that closes the browser windows and takes away six paragraphs of text...

So, here's a shorter than intended report:

We open with an artist rendering of the Butcher's Bay Pirates' injury box in the waning minutes of the match we are abou to describe:

And here are the stats:

Nobody knows what happened during the sea voyage of the Butcher's Bay Pirates when they sailed to play against the Amazonian MPDG Fever. Some streetwise pundits say, the pirate ship sailed over Poseidon's head and the waves knocked down Poseidon's wine cup. Some more seawise pundits claim, that there is no way you can spill anything underwater and thus some sort of an affair with a sea witch must be involved. Nobody knows, as the Pirate crew is mysteriously silent about their voyage. What we know is, that the Goblin side looked to be cursed. For instance, Mr. Ripper the Troll star-player hired for the match, was killed on the second drive of the Amazons. Two Goblins were killed after the captain of the Goblin team ordered the Trolls to throw the poor little fellows towards the Amazon blitzer carrying the ball on the drive that was to make the score 1-0. And then there were the chain and ball wielding Goblins, who managed to bring down two players in two successive drives. Unfortunately, both times the player taken down was a Troll. Then there was the insident with the refs, who accepted the bribes to let the said ball and chain wielders play... unfotrunately just before the end of the 1st half, leaving the pirate captain of the Butchers empty handed when the refs came winking at him at the start of the second half.
And then there was the start of the second half, where the five Goblins left on the field looked in horror, as the Amazon who kicked off the ball suddenly started running towards the Goblins before the smaller folk had a chance to move and even managed to get under the ball that sailed through the air and caught it. This resulted in 3-0, causing a riot in the stands and extending the match time and then 4-0 and 5-0 being scored even though the Cheering Fans of Goblins tried their best to boost the Pirate morale. At this point there was bright spot, as the remaining Troll (yes, the Amazons managed to badly hurt one of the Pirate Trolls after killing Ripper, forgot to mention that), being still full after that snack of Goblin in the first half, managed to toss Pirate Pete to scoring distance and Pete ran in the 5-1 TD. But the scoring didn't end there, as the Amazons followed with a long bomb pass that was caught by Amelie the Catcher who then proceeded to score the final 6-1 TD in the waning seconds of the match.

Yup, this was a nuffling, even though the stats don't show it. Probably because Gnaarkill actually managed to make quite a few succesfull blocks, but then those were by the ball and chain players against his own guys. I got two early injuries, with the second one being death of Ripper, and after that came the two deaths from Throw Team turning into Always Hungry and the game turned into score fest. Sorry for the nuffling, sir Gnaarkill, you really didn't deserve this. Better luck in the future!

tags

Wow, that was an exciting game!

I went from thinking "I have full control" to "oops, now things are a bit uncertain" to "oh crap, I've scuttled this" to "oh wait, maybe there's some hope?" to "oh holy smokes I just need one GFI to win!" to "oh f..... I failed the GFI" to "The re-roll actually worked!". This was so uncertain right up to the very last dice roll of the match, which went in my favour.

Miraculously, no AV7 players were permanently hurt this time around, although there were a couple of badly hurts on each side.

Thanks for a good match, Napoleon, and well played! Really could've gone either way, but for a few pivotal rolls.

tags

Match day forwarded!