Good Game Gauls - hakos
Le petit morte - Saitani
MPDG Fever - J-Reedy
Music in the Bones - Lars
Noob Elves - NapoleonBlown-apart
The Candidates - kvasilad

Ughwanks Bums - (walkover machine)

hakos

Ohoy there, seems it is time to face some pirates.

I hope you remember what happens when Asterix and Obelix meet pirates.  ;D

BR/ Hakos

tags

You might have posted this on the wrong match day :D

tags

In a bit of a weird twist, it actually seems that the finals are settled already on Day 6. What's more, it seems like the final match will be a repeat of Day 7, with The Candidates vs Good Game Gauls. Hmm!

Well, I guess MD7 will be mostly about prestige and/or preserving what player health is left for future matches!

The last time GGG met The Candidates, it was a bloody affair. Will history repeat itself, or have the tables turned? I'm busy Tuesday, but can play most evenings from Wednesday and out.

J-Reedy

Lars, time to see if you can cripple my team again. Lots of free time for gaming now, so here are my OK CEST start times:
- Tuesday 18.30-20
- Wednesday 19-21
- Thursday 19-21
- Saturday 10.30-late
- Sunday 10.30-18

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir!

Lars

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 28, 2020, 09:23:57 AM
Lars, time to see if you can cripple my team again. Lots of free time for gaming now, so here are my OK CEST start times:
- Tuesday 18.30-20
- Wednesday 19-21
- Thursday 19-21
- Saturday 10.30-late
- Sunday 10.30-18

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir!

Lets play today (Tuesday) starting 20:00

/Lars

J-Reedy

Quote from: Lars on April 28, 2020, 09:52:26 AM
Lets play today (Tuesday) starting 20:00

/Lars

OK, see you later today!

J-Reedy

Well, the last game of the season for the MPDG Fever proved that Death has not abandoned the fever pixies. The Grim One visited the game first time on the first half, but surprisingly it was to take away one of the Tomb Guardians of the Music in the Bones. Though, if you think about it closely, it's not so surprising, as all of the players in the Khemri team are playing on a borrowed time. And the borrower of that time has all the time in the world to wait for those loans to expire. It was the Khemri side that started on the offence but the Amazons were the one putting on the hurt. In addition to the permanently deaded Tomb fellow, they KO'd another and also KO'd the tackling Blitzer of the musical skeletons. With their numbers dwindling, the Khemri were forced to score early on the midpoint of the half. This gave the MPDGs chance to equalize and that they did with a straight through run from the left flank.
Second half continued in violent terms, the Great Reaper once again visited the field, this time trying to take away one of the pixied ones, but heroic apotechary managed to save the object of the Reaper's affection, though she will be missing the next game of the Amazons. This time it was the Khemri that were putting on the hurt, the Amazon were KO'd and bundled up with the ball-carrying Thrower deep on the Amazon side of the field. But then the Thrower dashed forward and delivered a long pass to waiting Linewoman, who ran in the TD in the midpoint of the second half. But before she could do that, the One That Takes once again took the field. And this time even the freebooted apotechary of the Amazons could not save Princess Anya the Blitzer, she was definately dead. The Amazons went on the defence with 7 players against 11 of Khemri and there was no stopping the slow advance of the skeletons while the remaining two Tomb Guardians tied up most of the Amazons. In the final seconds of the game, the Khemri walked in the equalizing TD.

Well, this one was a violent one, both sides with one dead player, Khemri lost a TG and another TG got an MNG injury. Amazons had two MNGs in addition to the dead Blitzer (who also earned the MVP of the match). So both teams will be starting the next season somewhat short-handed. Thanks again for the game, Lars. Nicely played as always!

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on April 27, 2020, 09:23:45 PM
In a bit of a weird twist, it actually seems that the finals are settled already on Day 6. What's more, it seems like the final match will be a repeat of Day 7, with The Candidates vs Good Game Gauls. Hmm!

Well, I guess MD7 will be mostly about prestige and/or preserving what player health is left for future matches!

The last time GGG met The Candidates, it was a bloody affair. Will history repeat itself, or have the tables turned? I'm busy Tuesday, but can play most evenings from Wednesday and out.

wow, matches in day 6 must really have gone my way for this to happen. Also, check out who the most lucky teams are and you will find the finalists. I guess that explains how the lizards managed this feat with almost no team development and constant dependence on star players and mercenaries.

But I do fear the next two matches. Last time we met the candidates only had one werewolf and still managed to hurt the lizard team heavily. Can I buy 5 wandering apothecaris for all my inducements?

I can probably play any day and time from friday to sunday. Perhaps friday at 10? or Friday at 14?

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on April 28, 2020, 10:05:47 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on April 27, 2020, 09:23:45 PM

wow, matches in day 6 must really have gone my way for this to happen. Also, check out who the most lucky teams are and you will find the finalists. I guess that explains how the lizards managed this feat with almost no team development and constant dependence on star players and mercenaries.

But I do fear the next two matches. Last time we met the candidates only had one werewolf and still managed to hurt the lizard team heavily. Can I buy 5 wandering apothecaris for all my inducements?

I can probably play any day and time from friday to sunday. Perhaps friday at 10? or Friday at 14?

/hakos

I was also a bit surprised about how things shook out, but you can never tell with this game!

Friday at 14 is good. I'd like to say 10, but I have the day off (I guess we all do?), and I can't guarantee I'll be coherent at that point :)

hakos

Friday at 14:00 it is /hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, Gnaarkill.

I can play pretty much any day at the moment between 15:00 and 20:00, so let me know what kind of time would suit you.

tags

A good, wholesome warm-up game was played between the two finalists. Being cautious not to get any permanent injuries before the finals, points were shared and all players return for the next match.

(gotta say I was surprised by the luck numbers, it felt rather even to me really)

hakos

Those luck numbers was what I needed to get 2-2 since most of my inducements turned out to be less useful. The one good inducement was the bloodweiser babe. All 5 of my KO players returned immediately. I guess that is why the misc luck number is quite high.

Thanks for the game it was a nice and friendly one and, as you said, a good warm-up for a final I think will be a bit more violent...

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on May 01, 2020, 12:31:29 AM
Hello, Gnaarkill.

I can play pretty much any day at the moment between 15:00 and 20:00, so let me know what kind of time would suit you.

Hey Napoleon!

My week looks pretty open and I can probably play every evening this week.
How about a match @20.00 tomorrow, tuesday?

/Gnaar