Match Day 1

Started by tags, May 20, 2020, 09:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Now's the season to put it all on the line!

What already was a bash-heavy competition last season is even more so now, with twice the Khemri! Will it be a bloodbath where the strongest survive? Or will a couple of elves or lightly dressed ladies run circles around the grunts?

Only time will tell!

These are the contestants:
Butcher's Bay Pirates (Goblins) - Gnaarkill
Good Game Gauls (Lizardmen) - hakos
So Dry So Hot (Khemri) - Saitani
MPDG Fever (Amazons) - J-Reedy
Music in the Bones (Khemri) - Lars
Noob Elves (Elven Union) - NapoleonBlown-apart
The Candidates (Necromantic) - kvasilad

Ughwanks Bums - (walkover machine)

tags

Khemri is my scariest match-up strength-wise, and now there are two :V

Saitani, tomorrow (Thursday) I can play pretty much whenever.

Saturday and Sunday should be good from morning to afternoon.

Saitani

Yea i can play tomorow evning at 20.00 if that works for you. Facing those claws will either destroy my season or i willtake them out early on and saving the team.

J-Reedy

Big thanks to Kvasi for getting the new season going, I wasn't much help this time due to busy times at home.

Alrighty Hakos, time for us to go at it. If I recall correctly, the wins are 1-1 between us, so this one might settle the Lustrian championship. At the moment, the following CEST starting times look the best for me:
- Thursday (today) 17.30-20
- Sunday 11-18
- Tuesday/Thursday 17-20

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir!

tags

Quote from: Saitani on May 21, 2020, 12:38:14 AM
Yea i can play tomorow evning at 20.00 if that works for you. Facing those claws will either destroy my season or i willtake them out early on and saving the team.

Today (Thursday) at 20:00 works for me, see you tonight!

EDIT: Unfortunately, something came up today as mentioned on Discord

hakos

Yay, new season start

Quote from: J-Reedy on May 21, 2020, 08:37:24 AM
Alrighty Hakos, time for us to go at it. If I recall correctly, the wins are 1-1 between us, so this one might settle the Lustrian championship. At the moment, the following CEST starting times look the best for me:
- Thursday (today) 17.30-20
- Sunday 11-18
- Tuesday/Thursday 17-20

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir!

This should be an even match. Even TV. Even amount of players. Both teams used to the same climate zone. Even result since before.

I think sunday would be a very good day indeed for some rumble in the jungle. How about sunday at 15?

/hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on May 21, 2020, 04:43:29 PM
Yay, new season start

This should be an even match. Even TV. Even amount of players. Both teams used to the same climate zone. Even result since before.

I think sunday would be a very good day indeed for some rumble in the jungle. How about sunday at 15?
/hakos

Sunday at 15 it is then.

Yeah, everything seems even... if we don't count the two MNGs I got in the last match, a blitzer and a thrower, so my TV will actually be at least a wizard's worth less than yours ;) 
Though I'm seriously considering if this is the point where I HAVE to get the 15th player to guarantee having 12 players on the field in every match. I fear that skilled bashy teams will mean more injuries for my AV derived pixies.

hakos

Season 39 starts with a Bang!

The Jungle Championship, Lizards vs Amazons, the final decider of which team is the best jungle team.

Amazons starts aggressively but the Lizards quickly re-arranges their defence into a perfect position. Or so they Think, amazons sneak behind their flank and organizes a chain push involving 4 players and suddenly the perfect defence no longer looks so perfect. When the dust settles after the first turn the full Lizard line is lying down wondering what hit them.

Second turn, and third turn the amazons knock down everything they lay their eyes on. There is no stopping them. Despite this they do feel enough pressure to score already in turn 5. 0-1

Turn 6 and it is the Lizards turn to attack into a perfect defense. At least the ball is secure and caged. Turn 7, a blitz open up a hole in the amazon defense and the cage can move into a scoring position. Turn 8, the skink with the ball just have to run 8 steps to score. Unfortunately the amazon star, the Blodge, Mighty Blow, Tackle blitzer refuses to go down and continues to mark the poor skink. But in the last moment he manages to sneak away and score. 1-1. Pheew.

Second half and once again Lizards are on the offence. The audience wants to join in the fun and thows some rocks. Suddenly the amazon defense does not look so perfect any longer. Why change a scoring recipe? Well, to improve on it off course. The scoring goes just as before. Pickup the ball, cage it. Next turn, move the cage forward and score the turn after that. 2-1. However, this time the Lizards also manage to find some time to really hurt the poor amazonian women. One leaves the field every turn of those three turns. But the amazons somehow manage to even the field.

Five turns left. Amazons are eager to even the game to avoid the shame of losing. Their star thrower is given the ball and then spend some turns in the back field, looking for an opening. And suddenly she sees it, a long bomb almost hits the target. The Lizards have been dominating the midfield bashing but now sees an opportunity. A skink picks up the ball, manages to survive an attack and runs away with it. Can he even score? Well, it turns out he is so eager that he trips on his own legs. He manages to recover but stops running after that, wihtout realizing that he should have run one more step to be able to score. Thus the game ends 2-1 with just some final release of emotions resulting in a bash party in the last two turns. Senilx has a near death experience but miraculix potions save him.

Thanks for the game J-Reedy. It sure was interesting all the way. You played extremely well today. Those chain pushes you did in the first half were Amazing. Really made you take over and completely dominate. Lucky for me I got some hits in early in the second half, also by help from the audience, so I could take the lead.

/hakos

J-Reedy

LUSTRIAN CHAMPIONSHIP DECIDED!

And the winners are the Lizardmen club of Good Game Gauls who triumphed over the Amazonian MPDG Fever 2 TDs to 1. Though curiously both teams were seen celebrating after the match. This mystery was solved in a post-game interview where the Amazonian Blitzer Jo Stockton declared her team winner as they won the casualties 3 to 2, with Ms. Stockton scoring one of the casualties herself. As the Amazon team heard that the Lizardmen were crowned the NUL Lustrian Champions, the team protested to this "unrealistic winning condition of touchdowns. The Amazon coach commented: "In the jungle, the victory is decided by the number of bodies left behind, not by managing to carry already deceased pig over some random line. Now, if the pig was alive – and greased – that would be another thing, as catching a greased pig demands some true skill".
Despite the protests, it is clear that the Gauls were the team to score more TD. Though it were the Amazon that started the scoring race. Despite the Lizardmen launching a Perfect Defense against the dreampixies, the Amazon managed to take down all of the Lizard frontline which started a curious cat and mouse game that GGG coach described as "It feels like were a mouse trying to play cat and mouse against the cat". This description really seemed appropriate, as the Amazon were downing Lizards all over the field and slowly advanced towards the midfield. After some positioning they launched towards the end zone. Only ones available to make a play for the ball were trio of Skinks who failed at this. But their quick swarming of the ball left the Amazons feeling squeamish about holding back the score, so they scored with enough time on the clock for the Gauls to make a play. And that they did, even though the Amazons managed to set a Perfect Defense of their own. But as the Amazons set a defense to avoid injuries, GGG got an opportunity for caged advance through center. The Fevered ones marked the ball-carrier but the brave Skink did what the Skinks do best and dodged through to the goal to even the score.
Second half followed, with both teams fielding what they had left, 11 vs 11. This time the Lizards went for, or rather were forced into, a fast TD. Once again the scaled ones broke through the middle, but the Amazon, being quicker to recover from the Pitch Invasion at the kickoff, got so much pressure on the ball that the Gauls scored with their third play. Second kickoff followed, this time with 9 vs 9. The Amazon Thrower got the ball after it bounced into the Lizard side and pulled back while rest of the team tried to make it through. But unfortunately for the Amazons, the Lizards got their blocking and stunning game going just at the right time and the fever pixies found themselves understrength against the Sauri. The Amazon finally went for a long bomb pass three plays before the end of the match but the inaccurate pass sailed pass the Catcher and was quickly picked up a Skink who proved too slippery for the Amazon to bring down as the other Lizards managed to keep the most dangerous threats that the Amazon had to offer occupied. So, the game ended with the ball-carrying Skink running away and the Amazon bashing away at their scaled opponents.
Wowzers, was what I said after seeing those luck numbers. But to be honest, they do very accurately portray what happened on the first half where I was getting pow after pow and breaking Saurus armor left and right. But, as I just couldn't get anything done on the defensive side, Hakos won the day. Very nice and exciting game where Hakos showed his skills. But as my gals are really bothered about losing that Lustrian championship despite murdering more Lizards than the Lizards murdered the Amazons, we have to settle this later... (just hope I make it :) Thanks again for the game and better luck in the rest, Hakos!

hakos

Ouch, tough to see that MVP go to the line woman with a very short career. /hakos

Saitani

First game in the new season Facing the one od the scariest team  tomb guardians dont like those nasty claws so they found a aprentice necromancer to help the teamm just incase.
T1 Starts with a Thrown rock right into the head off Aker putting him on the ground were he loses his head for a few turn later he finds it by tripping over it and sending himself out for the rest of the half. That moment was probably shown on the Replay OF the cabalvision network earning him a MVP later on.
On the other side Blood is spilled as a zombie is rapidly sent out by a fresh skelly. The champion of Blitzing Blitz ra's Isis Herself takes out A wight and takes it down to blit ra stats to balance things out. THe next half start with the guy throwing amother rock badly hurting my kick piece. If there only was a way to stop rocks like that.... (i think the stadium enhancements have been disabled as i have that stadium)

The rest of the game plays out in SDSH favour even with a shit ton of failed 2die blocks but the candidates have a awfull time getting out of the tackle zones and falls flat in sevral crucial turns. A wild gamble plays off and they steal the ball in 2 tackle zones  dodges out and runs down field. the ball i knocked out of his hands but scatters ontop a wight who daftly catches it. The next turn as afirst action a ghoul fails a dodge and bassicly secures the victory for the Khemri.

GG Kvasilad better luck further on in the season.

tags

Thanks for the game!

A frustrating one for me this one, as absolutely none of my elf-like moves worked. I can see by the stats I was darn lucky to escape with a (mostly) intact team. So Dry So Hot is a very scary team indeed to face, and The Candidates found themselves struggling when so thoroughly out-strengthed.

Gnaarkill

Yo Lars!

When would be the perfect day for our match if I dare ask? ;D
Any day after 20.00 works for me!

/Gnaarkill

Lars

Quote from: Gnaarkill on May 25, 2020, 01:09:07 PM
Yo Lars!

When would be the perfect day for our match if I dare ask? ;D
Any day after 20.00 works for me!

/Gnaarkill

Thursday at 20:00 Will work for me