Good Game Gauls (Lizardmen) - hakos
So Dry So Hot (Khemri) - Saitani
MPDG Fever (Amazons) - J-Reedy
Music in the Bones (Khemri) - Lars
Noob Elves (Elven Union) - NapoleonBlown-apart
The Candidates (Necromantic) - kvasilad

Ughwanks Bums - (walkover machine)

J-Reedy

Tags, time for your furries to get frustated with their claws being useless against my gals' armor. So let's see if my lucky streak against your wannabees continues. On scheduling side, I just started a project at work that will keep me extremely busy for rest of the month, so if at all possible, weekend times would be the best for me. At the moment, my available CEST starting times look like this:
- Today (Friday) 19-late
- Saturday basically any time
- Tuesday-Thursday 19-21 (high risk of need to cancel though)

Also, what the heck? +ST Dodging Flesh Golem? Well, he's a billionaire, so I guess money gets you everything.

tags

Haha, he was veeeery close to getting guard instead, but I do like my blodgers!

Saturday would be good for me at any point earlier in the day. For example 12:00?

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on June 12, 2020, 09:20:40 AM
Saturday would be good for me at any point earlier in the day. For example 12:00?

Saturday @ 12 it is then! See you tomorrow.

hakos

Hi Napoleon

My Lizards are ready to face your elves either today (saturday) 18-21, on sunday 14-20 or wednesday 18-20.

Do any of those times suit you?

/hakos

tags

I'm in disbelief about this match. It really felt like I was losing for most of it, but somehow, I eeked out the W.

Too hot for an extended report, but it was an exciting affair! Thanks for the match, J-R.

J-Reedy

What happens when you put a dozen or so political wannabees on the same space as equal amount of scantily clad women? Blood Bowl match of course! The Necromantic side The Candidates met with the Amazon team MPDG Fever third time in as many seasons. The Amazons had snatched away the wins in the first two matches, so the political corpses were naturally amped up to take the win. Thus they took to the field with clear aim of maiming the opponent. And what followed was an almost injury free match where no Amazon was hurt until after the match had already been decided. The lack of the hitting power from The Candidates may be explained by the large amount of spectators which may have encouraged the Necromantic players to avoid abusing their strength and position to hurt the "weaker" race.

The Candidates started on the offence and once again they were surprised by the spy in their ranks, the zombified ex-Amazon-linewoman Claire Colburn. After some hard work the Necromantic players had managed to down one Amazons and foolishly sent Claire to foul the prone ex-team-mate of hers. Ms. Claire went to work, slouching to take the fouling position while wailing loudly, slapping a referee on her way, flailing her left arm with her right arm and then finally landing such a soft kick on the prone Amazon that she barely flinched. With all the commotion Claire was making, the ref couldn't pretend that he didn't see the foul and thus The Candidates were one player down. The ball, held by a Ghoul, seemed secure behind the line, but then the manic Amazon pixies went for flanking play from two sides that brought the carrier down and bounced the ball next to four Amazon. This however didn't startle the Necromantic side who organized a blitz play that bounced the ball to safety where it was picked up the Werewolf J. Kickenlooper who went for a deep run towards the goal. He was caught up by a blitzing Amazon linewoman but as the play resulted in a pushback, The Candidates took the lead at the half-point of the first half.

MPDG Fever followed with play where they sent their Catchers deep and held back their star Thrower while rest of the team tried to secure the midfield. When The Candidates sent some rushers after the Amazon Thrower, she moved up and delivered the ball to Catcher and suddenly the ball was halfway towards the goal with a loose line of feverish pixies between the ball and the Necromantic players. However, some clever maneuvering gave The Candidates a go at the ball and the Catcher was brought down. But as the Amazons had more muscle around the ball, they brought down the Necromantic Werewolf and Flesh Golem that had managed to down the carrier. Linewoman picked up the ball and advanced towards the goal. The Candidates sent everybody in reach after the carrier but as she stayed on her feet, the score was a dodge away. Unfortunately the field proved too slippery and the score was denied and the half ended with the Necromantic team leading 1-0.

Second half, the Amazons on the attack. Ball lands on the Amazon TD zone. Star Thrower Kubelik goes to pick up the ball while rest of the team smash against the Necromantic wall. The Candidates move their balance of play to their right, so ms. Kubelik delivers the ball to a Catcher on the left midfield and the Necromantic team finds themselves at the wrong side of play. They recover and set up defensive line on the left. Therefore the ball-carrier quickly dashes to the right and rest of the Amazon team sets up a vertical line at the midfield, isolating most dangerous Necromantic players from the play. Two plays of maneuvering and blocking follow at the midfield and then the Catcher dashes forward with some team-mates covering her loosely. The Necromantics get a blitz on the Catcher and bring her down but the bounced ball lands away and the Amazons only need to clear a Werewolf and a Ghoul to get a pickup and walk TD to tie the score.

The Candidates set up on their final attack with heavy right flank, so Amazons try to kick to the left. Ball lands on midfield, giving the Necromantic side good chance of fast score. Werewolf is sent to clear a route on the right flank, a Zombie and a Ghoul are sent to cover. Another Ghoul picks up the ball, runs to the second Werewolf J. Kickenlooper and hands off the ball. Kickenlooper dashes to the sideline. Amazons try their best to stop the advance and after tons of dodging and going for it, there is a loose wall between the Kicklooper and the endzone. However, the effort proves useless as Amazon Blitzer guarding Kickenlooper is pushed away and brought down, leaving Kickenlooper a scoring chance with a blitz and a dodge and some good old going for it. Amazon is blitzed down, a nervous dodge follows and Kickenlooper looks like he is going down but manages to pull away, quick sprint and some effort at the end makes the score 2-1 for the Necromantic side.

Amazons still have a play to make, but their only chance of equalizer is a riot, but the crowd, bored by the lack of injuries just sits on their hands looking as Amazon rookie Thrower runs under a high kick but botches the catch. Some blocking, a successful first throw for the rookie Thrower and the second injury of the match follow and the match is whistled over.

Well, I had heck of luck in this match with Kvasilad having lousiest armor and injury rolls I've seen in a while. Had a chance to tie the game at the end of the first, but snake-eyes at the dodge prevented the score. Kvasilad made a nice play after my tying TD to, sending his Werewolf to scoring distance. Couldn't get a stop and Kvasilad snatched a well-deserved win. Really nice game with lots of nice maneuvering from both sides, if I recall correctly, the ball-carrier was brought down every time except for the final two turn TD-drive. Thanks again for the game, Kvasilad, pleasure as always!

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: hakos on June 13, 2020, 01:24:39 PM
Hi Napoleon

My Lizards are ready to face your elves either today (saturday) 18-21, on sunday 14-20 or wednesday 18-20.

/hakos
Hello, Hakos. Wednesday at 19:00 would work well for me if that's still an option for you.

hakos

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on June 15, 2020, 01:45:43 AM
Quote from: hakos on June 13, 2020, 01:24:39 PM
Hi Napoleon

/hakos
Hello, Hakos. Wednesday at 19:00 would work well for me if that's still an option for you.

Perfect, CU then.

/Hakos

Saitani

Lets see it we can put some gnAAAR in those butcher bay pirates i can most days exept saturday this week.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 13, 2020, 03:01:35 PM
What happens when you put a dozen or so political wannabees on the same space as equal amount of scantily clad women? Blood Bowl match of course!

Haha! Great sum up J-R!
As always, a poet ;D

@Saitani.

Tonight is my only chance if we wanna get a match going this week.

Im going to my parents in law during midsummer so will be back on sunday. I could play sunday @20 if that is a possibility. Otherwise we are looking at next week which should be pretty open :)

/Gnaar

Saitani

i can do tonight shall we say at 20.00?

Gnaarkill

Yes! Cool!

See you in a couple of hours then ;D

/Gnaar

NapoleonBlown-apart

I'll wait for another 10 minutes, but if we can't play today, I should be free any other day from around 17:00-20:00.

hakos

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on June 17, 2020, 07:16:46 PM
I'll wait for another 10 minutes, but if we can't play today, I should be free any other day from around 17:00-20:00.

Aargh, totally forgot this since I was called in to a meeting with a customer in North America yesterday evening (18-19) on a very short notice. My apologies for not letting you know.

I could play on friday from lunch and forward. The whole weekend is also free. Please, select a time that suits you and I will make sure to be there.

/hakos