Season 40 - New teams, hopes and dreams

Started by J-Reedy, July 09, 2020, 08:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Season 39 is on it's last legs, so let's start the season 40 sign-ups.

It's been three seasons, so time to start fresh. So, ONLY NEW TEAMS for season XXXX.

According to our established league structure, season 41 will be semi-experienced teams typically ca. max 1500 TV, and season 42 will reveal to us the meaning of life with unlimited TV. You are free to use older existing NUL teams for season 41 and 42, given that they fall within the TV limit, so that means you can swap out your fresh season 40 team if you're not happy with it! (...and you have an existing NUL team that qualifies)

If you know someone who might be interested in joining our little corner of the Blood Bowl world, please invite them!

---------------------------------------
Official Stuff

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW COACHES:
1. Read the introductory thread with the explanation on league structure HERE.
2: Create an account on this forum. Note that due to high activity from spam-bots, admins have to approve your account before you can post here. This shouldn't take longer than a day or two.
3: Post a reply in this thread that you want to join.
4: Read the "Essential rules" section HERE and post a reply in that thread that you have understood the rules.
5: The admin team will add you on the participant list in this post.

OLD Coaches know the drill, just tell what team you'll be taking to the trophy hunt.

SIGNED UP:
1. J-Reedy - Holmby Hills Ratty Pack (Skaven)
2. Kvasilad - The Bloody Sharpies (Dark Elf)
3. Gnaarkill - Warpstoned Maniaks (Underworld)
4. Saitani - Fumbling Fumblers (High Elves)
5. hakos - Digging HBTQs (Dwarves)
6. NapoleonBlown-apart - The Sylvanian Sparklers (Vampires)
7. Mr. B - Order of the Crow (Human)
8. Lars - Homie Herbarium (Necromantic)
9. Barmution - Lost Hopkins Hospital (Goblin)
10. (dummy team..?)

J-Reedy

I'm in, going with something I haven't played with here. For that reason I went rummaging through the archives to find out all the teams I've used. For anyone interested, here they are:
S1: OUT
S2: OUT
S3: Cougar Kittens – Amazon
S4: Cougar Kittens – Amazon
S5: Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers – Necromantic
S6: Elvish Blues Bloods – High Elf
S7: Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers – Necromantic
S8: Cougar Kittens – Amazon
S9: Finned Marine Mammals – Dark Elf
S10: OUT
S11: Cougar Kittens - Amazon
S12: Binky and the Pain - Goblins
S13: OUT
S14: Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers – Necromantic
S15: Fantasy Armor Inc - Norse
S16: Fantasy Armor Inc - Norse
S17: Fantasy Armor Inc - Norse
S18: Da Beatmores - Orc
S19: Da Beatmores - Orc
S20: Da Beatmores - Orc
S21: The Servers of Khorne - Khorne
S22: Cougar Kittens - Amazon
S23: Nisayers – Bretonnian (1st BB2 season)
S24: En Traders – Wood Elf
S25: En Traders – Wood Elf
S26: En Traders – Wood Elf
S27: Sand Castles Supreme – Khemri
S28: Capes Are Cool - Vampire
S29: Capes Are Cool - Vampire
S30: Capes Are Cool - Vampire
S31: Dis Thing of Ours - Underworld
S32: Too Stup...born to Die - Undead
S33: Too Stup...born to Die - Undead
S34: Zero Effort Noisedoers - Dwarf
S35: Zero Effort Noisedoers - Dwarf
S36: Zero Effort Noisedoers – Dwarf
S37: MPDG Fever – Amazon
S38: MPDG Fever – Amazon
S39: MPDG Fever – Amazon
S40: ???

tags

I'm definitely in! Haven't decided on a team yet though.

So... Mr. B wanted to join? Can we ping him somehow?

Gnaarkill

Count me in aswell!

Gotta celebrate the 40th season somehow, so I think I will bring out an real old skool team I used back in the day, before Norsca, when this leauge was "Alvsvenskan".

Let me introduce to you.
The Skaven Team - The Warpstone Maniaks

When I come to think about it. Maybe I've used them before in Norsca aswell. But it doesnt matter it's a cool team and my skaven-teams usually end up being some iteration of that original old skool team ;D

NOTE: It will of course be a new team.

/Gnaarkill

P.S. The same as J-R, I also took a trip down memory road to look if I had used my warpstoned maniaks before. And, in fact, I used them, 7 years ago in season 10 ;D ;D

Gnaarkill

My Warpstoned Maniaks will be with a twist of Underworld this time! ;D

So it will be The Underworld Team - Warpstoned Maniaks 8)

/Gnaar

Saitani

well well well what should i bring in the next season. parts of m e want to play norse but then i remember that me and av are not a match made in heaven. i will have top think about it a few more days

hakos

I'm definitely in.

Would be really cool if Mr B could join.

Don't know what to play yet. Have devised an "advanced" algorithm for the selection. Putting two of them against each other at a time for elimination in a ladder structure. Currently on the second level of that ladder so still 16 teams to select from but should only be 8 left before I go to sleep today... Let's see which team that seems most fun in the end. Still plenty of teams that I have never played, at least 8 or more so there are some to select from.

Norse is one of the team I would like to revisit, though. Last time I tried them I failed miserably. Would be interesting to see if I have gained some skills, or not. But if Saitani selects them I will definitely go for something else. For some reason I like to have a unique team in the season.

/hakos

hakos

J-Reedy's post made me search up and read what happened in season 7. My very first NUL season. I played a rookie human team, Getingarna, as a rookie coach, in a league with advanced teams. In total I got 1-6 in match result. The only victory was against Gnaarkills Norse team, Vinterlegionen. Probably because his team was the only team that was an almost rookie team. In fact, we met two times and got 1-1 in that season. In hindsight, reading all comments and match report, what a newbie I was, but it was fun times.

Now I sort of want to play a human team again...

/hakos

Saitani

tags

I've still not decided which team I want to bring, but I'll hopefully be in with something at the start of next week. Going on a bit of a low-tech vacation this week :)

NapoleonBlown-apart

I'm in, but I'm not entirely sure which team I'll go with. Possibly vampires.

Mr B

Hello there, where are we on this one?
And please one thing of good.
If you have not seen this yet, check it out:

I would recommend you to install the cell phone APP rebbl admin apk: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mjbader.bb2_mobile_app

Mr B

You always have me on discord.
Nick: Bantha

hakos

Hi

I have more or less decided to go for dwarves this time.

Welcome back Mr B. Good time for you to join back now. I guess this season will not start for a few weeks more due to summer vacations.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: Mr B on July 26, 2020, 12:48:29 PM
You always have me on discord.
Nick: Bantha

Can't add you on Discord without the entire tag (Bantha#<number>). Mine is tags#9341.

We have a Discord server up for NUL, so please find us there: https://discord.gg/p48AZz

As Hakos said, I think it'll probably be a week or two until everyone's back. Barmution was also contemplating a potential return, fingers crossed!