FINALS

Started by J-Reedy, July 17, 2020, 06:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

And we have our finalist duo... The Season 39 championship will be decided between....
SAITANI with the Khemri powerhouse So Dry, So Hot
and
NAPOLEONBLOWN-APART with the Elven Union finesse team of Noob Elves.

Napoleon & Saitani, the Finals league has been created, so just hop in there and start bashing and dodging when you are ready. Congratulations to both of you!

Saitani

want to play our game tomorow sunday at 22.00 ?

NapoleonBlown-apart

I can't do 22:00 unfortunately, but I could play any time before 19:30

If that doesn't work, I should be free any weekday between 13:00 and 19:30

hakos

Big congratulations to both finalists for getting here, well done!

I get especially happy this time becuase this means we have had 6 different finalists in the last 3 seasons. It really shows how close we are in skill level in this league.

Season 37: J-Reedy vs Lazer
Season 38: Kvasilad vs hakos
Season 39: Napoleon vs Saitani

/hakos

Saitani

want to try monday at 19.00 ?

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Saitani on July 19, 2020, 11:24:12 AM
want to try monday at 19.00 ?
That works well for me, I'll see you then.

Thank you for the congratulations, Hakos and J-Reedy. That's interesting that we've had 6 different finalists

NapoleonBlown-apart

I'll wait for another 10 minutes. If we can't play today, any other weekday between 16:00 and 19:30 should be free for me.

NapoleonBlown-apart

This was quite a brutal match, as you may be able to tell from the report.
The elves had some good luck at the start with a blitz that enabled them to score an early touchdown on the second turn, but the khemri players were aiming to kill with every block, and the casualties started piling up. By the end of the Khemri team's turn seven, there were only two elves left on the pitch, and the only one in range of the ball carrier was completely surrounded. Despite this, he managed to blitz his way out after rolling three red dice and getting push, pow and stumble and mark the ball carrier. The next turn, A Khemri blitzer who was in range attempted to knock the elf down, but rolled a push, and then double skulls after the frenzy followup, ending the half 1-0 in favour of the elves.

At the start of the second half, all five KOed elven players woke up so there were seven of them on the pitch, but this number was soon reduced to four, and the khemri were able to steal the ball, and the elves were reduced to desperate plays. The Khemri team defended the ball carrier well however, and were able to score on the final turn ending the second half 1-1. This meant we went into overtime, where the elves won the coin toss and chose to recieve the ball, but it was again taken by the Khemri team and the four remaining elves were then cleared off the pitch. The Khemri team then scored a second touchdown and won the match 2-1, leaving three elves KOed and the remaining nine either dead or injured.

The injuries definitely gave an advantage to the Khemri team in this match, but I had a lot of lucky moments as well, and Saitani played well while I definitely let my players get blocked more than I should have. Thanks for the match, Saitani, and congratulations on winning this season.

J-Reedy

Wowsers, looking at those numbers it looks like you worked miracles to get the match to OT, Napoleon!

But well done Saitani, SDSH has really developed into a murder machine. Gongrats on the repeat Khemri championship!

Saitani

Thanks for the game nappy it could so easily have been a 2-0 win to you but my 1 die blitz worked and saved the game for me. I went full on murder mode that game with fouls and piling on all the time . not soething i like doing but i having seen what the elfs can do i kinde felt i had to.
So for the next season im going high elfs to play something less bashy.

tags

Sounds like an exciting final!

Congratulations to Saitani for winning season 39, but also to Napoleon for making it to the finals with elves in a very bash-heavy league!