Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, August 07, 2020, 08:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

And final match of the first day is done.

Dwarves won a Pyrrhus victory. The brave Rory left the team way too early.

First half the dwarves opted to attack and slowly went one square forward per turn while the vampires employed an elven column defence. Finally a thralled failed the dodge and the midfield open up.

Dwarves pressed forward and unwisely put 9 dwarves too close together. It was easy for the vampires to push the ball carrier out of the cage. Fortunately the vampires did not hit that well so the dwarfs could take advantage of all the thralls in close contact with the dwarven flesh wall. Some thralls left the field and the 1-0 td came soon after.

Second half opened with a blistering sun plus a ball that landed next to the LOS and some dwarves. The vampires never got the ball under control and when one of two vampires knocked himself down the dwarves could take the ball and steadily advance to score the 2-0.

One key reason why the vampires could not get the ball under control was Rory. Rory decided to take one for the team and mark the last remaining vampire on the field to give the others a free run on both ball and thralls. However, the vampire noticed the lack of armor on Rory and quickly dispatched of the runner.

Three turns left. 7 players each due to injuries and sweltering sun. Vampires wanted to have at lest one goal. An upset troll slayer got the last vampire down and an even more upset Runner Remy took out the hammer to beat the vampire senseless in frustration over Rory's death. The judge made sure that Remy could calm down off field. Some say it was to prevent a vampire score and if that was the intent it worked. However, it did not stopped the thrall pickup, handover, thrall gfi, gfi, thrall TD. End result 2-1 to the dwarves.

------------

Thanks for the game Napoleon. You sure hit really bad the first half and second half that bad kick and sweltering sun made it really tough for you. Well played despite the lousy dices.

/Hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Thanks for the match and the excellent summary, Hakos. Well played and good luck in the rest of the season.

Barmution

Quote from: Lars on August 14, 2020, 06:20:12 PMAt this point Barmution showed a bit of bitterness about bad dice and so on...
Thanks or the match and in the end my luck stat was way lower than yours.

/Lars
I made a single remark (with an :P at the end to boot) as an answer to to your comment on how the first 3 turns went, then I was the first to acknowledge that the luck turned. If you call me bitter after that you should go and have a good, long look in the mirror, pal.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.