Match Day 9

Started by J-Reedy, August 07, 2020, 08:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Thanks for the game.
Some amazing first rounds and it was almost settled there.
But it was not settled at all, 1-0 in first half and it was quite close to gain one back, but the defense held but it was closer than you would think judging from the first half.
Thanks for the game!

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on October 08, 2020, 08:15:43 AM
You didn't miss it, I literally wrote it 10 minutes ago. I can only do alternating evenings due to my daughter so if you can't play next Wednesday it'll have to be next Friday at 20:00. Sounds good?

-Barm

Yes, lets settle on Friday 16/10 starting at 20:00 CET

/hakos

tags

As fans mingled into the stadium, there was much buzzing and excitement to see two radically different elven teams go at it. The noble High Elf Fumbling Fumblers, and the devious Dark Elf Bloody Sharpies. The latter had also welcomed Fiona Tip Marker's younger sister, Minnie Marker, onto their roster, so there was some expectation of mayhem with no less than two witch elves on the field.

The first sign that something was a bit off, was the number of new and unknown players at the Fumblers' side. Nobody had seen the four new line elves that looked decidedly more shady than your average High Elf. There seemed to be some extra tension in the air. Fiona Tip Marker eyed the four loners with growing trepidation, while her sister Minnie sported a more traditional evil grin.

Just as Benny Bayonet kicked the ball, the sidelines erupted in chaos, as the spectators stormed the pitch. Were they spectators, though? Surely, some were, but there seemed to be an unusual number of cloaked and hooded figures among them.

It soon became clear that this was no ordinary pitch invasion. All of the blitzers on the Bloody Sharpies were taken out swiftly and effectively, and while one of the players on the High Elf side seemed to feign being tripped, no other Fumblers were hurt by the riots. Six of the eleven Bloody Sharpies had been incapacitated, and Fiona Tip Marker was suddenly very exposed. Minnie, on the other hand, seemed to have been able to move away from the entanglements.

The rest of the Sharpies' line elves were stunned and downed, while the mercenary Prince Moranion went straight for Fiona, beating her down with a vicious block. Before anyone could react, one of the cloaked mercenaries had produced a knife and stabbed her straight through the heart, killing her outright! Rather than being shocked and upset as you'd might expect from seeing her older sister murdered in front of her eyes, Minnie Marker's wicked grin seemed to only grow wider. Cynics have speculated that it might have something to do with the fact that she was as of this moment the new heiress of the fabled Marker family fortune.

Minnie and the runner Sammy Sai, who looked scared out of his senses, were the only two players left standing on the Sharpies' side before they even had a chance to act. The "spectators" left the pitch, but since the referee was swept away by the ruckus, no-one had stopped the match, and there was nothing to do but play on. Minnie's smile seemed to fade at this point, realizing that she was on the severely undermanned side and was facing a long 90-ish minute uphill struggle. Much to her surprise, however, a giant fireball soon erupted on the pitch, and badly hurting her. She managed to put out the flames and crawl to the dugout, but collapsed soon thereafter.

The cloaked mercenaries on The Fumbling Fumblers continued playing decidedly dirty, and kept sticking the boot in whenever any Dark Elf player was on the ground. The score was only 1-0 when half-time was called, as the FFU focus seemed to be more on beating up TBS players rather than advancing the ball.

With what was left of The Bloody Sharpies receiving on the second half, they were obviously skittish and afraid. There was very little in the form of contact, but Sam Sabre managed to make a dash for the end zone, and a skillful pass by Stephen Stiletto from just over midfield landed straight in his hands for the equalizer.

The Fumbling Fumblers set up to receive again with plenty of time left in the match, and resumed their fouling ways. Eventually, the referee came back from whatever hiding spot he'd found and starting ejecting some of them. But not until most of the Sharpies were decimated, and there was nobody left to offer opposition.

It was a slaughter out there today, which surprised everyone that came out to see noble High Elves play, while the Dark Elves were out-plotted by the other side... or were they?

----------------

This took a while to write up, as the match itself was an incredibly frustrating experience. My apologies to Saitani for losing my shit towards the end there :P

J-Reedy

Well, looks like I'm getting in habit of getting my behind handed to me and my team mutilated in the last match of the season. Bit upset right now, had two kick-off Blitzes against me and really couldn't get anything done on the second half when on the attack. Nap commented on the dice being unbalanced at some point but I thought the unluck he had at the start of the game would balance the stat, but I guess mr. Blown-Apart was right. It felt just like the stats show.

Maybe some words later on, too much in the mood of "never again" right now. Well played by Napo, no quarrels there, it's just the dice I'm upset about.

hakos

Wow, seems there are some very intense and bloody matches when we are getting to the end of the season and the stakes are high. Just the kind of games that Nuffle really likes to participate in.

Seems I actually have a shot at 4th Place if I win the final game. Never thought that. Well, Barmution and myself can consider us warned. We will most likely have a bloody and intense game as well. I wonder who Nuffle will favor, though?

/hakos

Saitani

Yea that game was quite diffrent from what i expected myself but playing with 4 loners and down 360tv gave me few opertunities to play the way i wanted XD So i decided today is the day i want to play dirty. The crowd was more than willing to help with that pitch invasion and those early removals really helped me alot. In the end Kvasilad you can blame Bantha for that game as he is the one that left me with 4 loners XD

hakos

Quote from: hakos on October 09, 2020, 08:52:24 AM
Quote from: Barmution on October 08, 2020, 08:15:43 AM
You didn't miss it, I literally wrote it 10 minutes ago. I can only do alternating evenings due to my daughter so if you can't play next Wednesday it'll have to be next Friday at 20:00. Sounds good?

-Barm

Yes, lets settle on Friday 16/10 starting at 20:00 CET

/hakos

Hi Barm

I missed our game with 23 minutes, but I have a feeling that you also missed it.

I can play any time during the weekend, shall we make a try?

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on October 16, 2020, 10:03:39 PM
Hi Barm

I missed our game with 23 minutes, but I have a feeling that you also missed it.

/hakos
I waited for you for an hour in game. Check discord.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on October 19, 2020, 11:32:09 AM
Quote from: hakos on October 16, 2020, 10:03:39 PM
Hi Barm

/hakos
I waited for you for an hour in game. Check discord.

Ah, I did not check ingame. Checked both forum and discord. I thought that you normally are on discord, especially if you are online.

Anyway, due to my home office setup I cannot access Discord during weekdays. Only during weekends, so please reply here if you want to play this week.

I really would prefer to play since there is a play-off spot to earn or lose.

To everyone else, I'm really sorry you have to wait.

/Hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on October 20, 2020, 08:21:08 AM
Ah, I did not check ingame. Checked both forum and discord. I thought that you normally are on discord, especially if you are online.

Anyway, due to my home office setup I cannot access Discord during weekdays. Only during weekends, so please reply here if you want to play this week.

I really would prefer to play since there is a play-off spot to earn or lose.

To everyone else, I'm really sorry you have to wait.

/Hakos
Thursday at 2000 is probably the only spot I can make work this week, does that work for you?

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Yes, let's play on thursday 20:00 /hakos

hakos

Final match of the normal season is played. I felt lucky and won it with 3-1 after a slow start.

Started on the offence but the chainsaw guy methodically took down my guys until the goblins took control of the ball and scored. 0-1

I had some very few turns to score and even it out. Managed to do a pick-up, handover, running alot, some GFI's to be in position for final turn. And in the very last minute managed a TD with a final GFI. 1-1 at the pause.

Late in the first half the luck started to kick in as the goblin players left one by one. Second half started with 11 dwarfs versus 3 trolls and 5 goblins. It also helped that his secret weapons left when he was running out of his Three bribes. Greedy judges!

Second half did not contain that much excitement. With that number advantage it was relatively easy to score the 2-1 with four turns left.

Barmution tried a nice one in turn 12. A goblin picked up the ball and handed over to another goblin who was in turned picked up by a troll and throwed far away into my half, behind my line. Unfortunately the goblin was not prepared and failed his landing. I managed to get hold of the ball and with some handovers and GFI the final TD came in turn 16 as the last thing happening in the match.

Thanks for the game Barmution.

I'm really sorry it took so long to get it played. I apologize to everyone.

/hakos

Barmution

What started as a thriller of a match for the Hospital became a lost hope indeed in the 2nd half as their numbers where whittled down and key personnel started removing themselves in a desperate attempt to get off the pitch and to the relative safety of the dugouts.

3-1 to Hakos, gratz with the win and gl in the play offs!

My old ass gaming machine seems incapable to install .NET 4.7 and by extension BB2Manager, so I've emailed @kvasilad the replay file.

Thanks for this season and have fun in the next ones. I'll rejoin when my family is not in such a bad spot w regards to sleep.

Cheers,
Barm

tags

Good stuff, feels right to have that match played properly!

tags

All right, competition closed. Competition "Season 40 Playoffs" created!

So at your earliest convenience, will the following contestants please join:
Order of the Crow (Human) - Mr. B
Fumbling Fumblers (High Elves) - Saitani
The Bloody Sharpies (Dark Elf) - Kvasilad
Digging HBTQs (Dwarves) - Hakos