Match Day 9

Started by J-Reedy, November 15, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on January 21, 2021, 01:53:27 PM
Anyway, my weekend is also completely free. Running conditions seems to be best on saturday though, so how about a start on sunday around 10?

That works fine, see you on Sunday!

Vorcha

tags

The Bloody Sharpies chose to receive, and lined up with as few players close to Bjørnar the Cute One, Beast of Nurgle, as possible. The kick-off event was Perfect Defence, which meant that Bjørnar was suddenly in contact with 3 dark elves. All of them failed their tentacle dodge check in round 1, leading to a mildly sinking feeling.

Realizing how badly outstrengthed and outzoned I was, I gave my runner the ball and tried to break through on the right flank. Seemingly blocked, I realized that I could run back, hand off to my ag6 elf in a single Disturbing Presence zone, and make a 2+ pass to my blitzer within scoring range outside of all Disturbing Presence zones. And I had a team RR to boot, so that should be an easy score in turn 2. What I did not count on was a rotter rolling a natural 6 and intercepting the pass. Things were looking decidedly bleak at this point.

Suddenly in possession of the ball, Gronks caged up and moved forward with a team of Chaos Warriors. As the cage seemed impossible at this point, the dark elves decided to gang up on Bjørnar and give him a few extra boots when the ref wasn't looking. Turns out, the ref was indeed looking, but Bjørnar was knocked out for the drive anyway.

At this point, The Bloody Sharpies decided to engage in hard-nosed combat. Although clearly out-strengthed, it turns out that a team with a couple of guards and a few blodgers can tango with largely unskilled chaos warriors and pestigors without needing too much help from Nuffle.

There was a lot of scuffling, the ball was knocked loose at one point, but Gronks faced a desperate situation as the half was coming to a close. In the end, they tried to elf it by dodging a pestigor in the end zone and running another pestigor forwards for a long pass. However, Bård the Pestigor could not even pick it up from the ground, and so the half ended 0-0.

Second half started with the unusual position that the Dark Elves outnumbered Nurgle 11 to 9. The beast was back, however. In a mirror event to last half, The Bloody Sharpies got a perfect defence this time around, and decided to load their left flank with most of the team.

After bashing out the line, Ove the Pestigor tried to pick up the ball near their own end zone, but failed despite trying to re-roll it.

Seeing the situation of ball on the ground near the end zone, most of the Nurgle team on the line, and a lot of space in between, The Bloody Sharpies decided to go balls-to-walls blitz and rush in 6 elves behind the Gronks to Nuffle line.

This time, Ove does manage to pick up the ball, but fails the hand-off to his team-mate, and there is a very dangerous turnover. The ball is knocked loose on the following turn, but snake eyes on a dodge means pick-up fails from the elven side.

At this point, there are several turns of bashing. One would think Nurgle has the edge, but the fact that both down means turnover for most of Gronks' blocks, the chaos seems to give Sharpies a slight edge.

After a lot of chaos, Neal Naginata the blodging blitzer, gets the ball. And even if he gets two 2D blocks against him, that 30% chance of getting him down without tackle proves elusive.

In the end, it's a simple 2+ dodge with re-roll to score in the very last turn.

Thanks for the match Vorcha, it was a rollercoaster from my perspective! I had honestly expected my luck advantage to be a lot larger than this, but I definitely had a few clutch rolls that made it possible.

Gnaarkill

Holy hell!

Most of the stoners were beaten up and trying to recuperate with doctors ordination: "One smoke of medical marijuana, night and day, and you will be as good as new, in a week..."
-"But Doc! The match is today!"

Ah well, seemed like the injured ones took the docs recomendation seriously and set up a smoke hut just outside of the dwarven arena, enjoying the match from a distance. Meanwhile Coach Gnaarkill had to quickly search the gutters for some stoner goblins, and he got three of them. Well had to do for now...
Bob, the troll, seemed somewhat worried, though he had his spirits up and was going for the win! Turn one and he managed to smash the deathroller, sending it to the injury box.
With that move, Coach Gnaarkill suddenly saw a spark of hope; "Maybe Bob was right, maybe we actually can win this match!"

But no, The dwarven grind was to much. Once again, the dwarves showed that their tobacco is superior as a performance enhancer. Although we will not lose trust in our beloved green herbs! We will prevail as new seasons awaits!

Well played Polly and see the rest of you guys next season. Good luck to all play-off contenders!

/Gnaarkill

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, Saitani.

I should be free 17:00-21:00 any day apart from Thursday and Saturday, so let me know what time would work for you.

Saitani

Hi sorry for the late reply i can play our tomorow sunday if you want maybe at 18.00 ? or later

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Saitani on January 23, 2021, 04:36:34 PM
Hi sorry for the late reply i can play our tomorow sunday if you want maybe at 18.00 ? or later
Unfortunately I can't play tomorrow, sorry. I'll be free Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday if any of those days work for you.

Saitani

yea those work for me lets try monday at 19.00 cet ?

J-Reedy

Well, with the amount of Nufflings for me, this was about to happen. Truly a "take a wind out of your sails" game for me. Dwarfs started on the offense, got a Blitz on the kickoff, so Gutters swarmed in and I was committed to getting the ball out. For a turn everything looked cool but then all went to wonky as Dwarfs started a vendetta against my linerats. First a kill on my second oldest linerat and then MNGs for the rest. Naturally, Diggins had no trouble walking in the TD. Time to try for a 1-turner then, but the Dwarfs get a Blitz too and the setup is ruined, ending the half.

2nd half, 8 against 11. Gutter runs in deep, Thrower gets the ball and the rest try to block routes to the Thrower. Gutter survives the blitz and everything looks OK with a possibility for crowd surf. Ogre both-downs it and fails the loner. Turnover and the ball is lost. Desperate attempts follow, Skaven Blitzer and 1 Gutterer suffer MNGs and Dwarfs secure the ball. Game over.

Yeah, this is the moment where I'm wondering if I should hope for a PO spot or not with 6 players out. Hakos played it well, didn't give me any chances for a recovery, so it's a deserved win. Thanks again for the suffering :)

hakos

You forgot to mention the AG2 long beard that did the intercept in first half preventing an almost certain 1-1. Yeah, it sure was'nt your day today.

The rat ogre did not do much either, he mostly roared or was KOd of the game. Not much you can do with both a strength and number disadvantage.

Thanks for the game, I'm impressed that you never gave up and continued to try until the end.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Saitani on January 24, 2021, 06:27:57 AM
yea those work for me lets try monday at 19.00 cet ?
That's a good time for me, I'll see you then.

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on January 21, 2021, 06:00:05 PM
Quote from: Lars on January 21, 2021, 01:50:08 PM
Quote from: Mr B on January 21, 2021, 12:35:18 AM
Hej Lars.
When does a game fit your schedule?
Sunday and monday are taken.. Friday and Saturday is a bit family booked.

I can play today Thursday from 20:00 if you manage to see this in time otherwise Tuesday 20:00

/Lars
Let's make it Tuesday.
Thanks

ok cya at Tuesday 20:00

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on January 25, 2021, 09:29:44 AM
Hej Lars.

I can play today Thursday from 20:00 if you manage to see this in time otherwise Tuesday 20:00

/Lars
Let's make it Tuesday.
Thanks

Can we make this 21 game Swedish time?

Saitani

Well the luck i had saved up really came into play this game with a a whooping 4-0 victory to the fumblers elf bullshit, all the picks ups and all the passes worked.

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on January 25, 2021, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: Lars on January 25, 2021, 09:29:44 AM
Hej Lars.

/Lars
Let's make it Tuesday.
Thanks

Can we make this 21 game Swedish time?
sure will work