Match Day 8

Started by J-Reedy, November 15, 2020, 01:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saitani

Mr B

hakos

Smoke meeting done. As expected the hemp smoking team had some difficulties smoking the real DWARVEN Tobacco. It is strong stuff. So strong indeed that two rats/goblins left with broken jaws. Although some claim it was due to knuckle-duster enhanced fist fighting but dwarves do not need such artifical enhancements so that is clearly a lie.

The match was a bit lopsided with the dwarves dominating more or less every single turn. The underworld team had to resort to many glorious shenanigans like bombs, incredible dodges and massive amounts of sprinting to reposition but by doing so they were a constant threat. First half ended 0-0. Second half ended 1-0 to the dwarfs.

As ususal, thank you Gnaarkill for a fun game and for being such a good sport when your players are leaving the game one after another. I feel I was quite lucky today, will be interesting to see the numbers.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Thanks for a good summary hakos!

That dwarven tobbacco sure is some serious shit. We will just resort to our usual mellow stuff for now, see you again when we've built up som tolerance! ;D

Actually we were quite even luckwise, according to the numbers. I had some incredible rolls aswell, so cant complain. Well played friend!

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

CLEAR OUT PLEASE, FOLKS, NOTHING TO SEE HERE! JUST ANOTHER NUFFLING!

Today we saw an interesting Blood Bowl match between Bloody Sharpies, a team of Dark Elf Rat Ogre anatomy students, and Holmby Hills Rat Pack, a Skaven team that had promised to provide the students a subject to study. The match started with the Skaven receiving the ball and they managed to catch the Bloody students by surprise as the Elf folk had clearly been slacking on their studies and had forgot that Rat Ogres are extremely likely to frenzy any time. This resulted in one of the more blitz-happy Gloom Elfs being pushed into the crowd. Students however responded with vigor, storming into examine the subject of their studies. So enthusiastic were the Elfs in fact, that their study subject got pushed into crowds too, by a young Elf of female persuasion with a taste for miniscule clothing and a witching smile that some might even call a grin. The crowd must've also been made up of Rat Ogre enthusiasts as Lufty the Rat Ogre seemed quite inanimate when he was carried into the dugouts, so inanimate even, that some might've called him dead. But the hired apothecary for the Holmby Hills rats was on the job and realized that Lufty had just stopped breathing and his heart had also stopped, common problems for Blood Bowlers and ones that can be quickly cured by beating the subject some more until they get operational again.

Meanwhile on the field, the defielding of Lufty had required concentrated co-operation of many of the Elf students that rest of the field had opened up for the Skaven to roam around freely. This resulted in the Rat folk quickly advancing toward the goal and scoring the go-ahead goal shortly after the half-point of the first half. Which meant that the Murk Elfs were up for an offensive drive. They started strong by downing the three Skaven on the frontline, but it seemed clear that being students of Rat Ogres, the Elf folk considered smaller Skaven not worthy of scalpelling and slicing and thus the downed Linerat were quick to get up. But things are not always such as they seem and thus was the case also in this instance. You see, the Skaven had come up with a sneaky ploy: they had greased their fur with Mr. Greasy's Extra-Greasy Slippery Greasing Slip-up Vaselin. This softened the blows and kicks aimed at the Rat folk and had an extra benefit of staining the feet and hand of the Unilluminated Elfs with a slippery layer of friction-removing substance. The results of this ploy became quickly evident when the Rat Ogre anatomy students tried to dodge away from the Skaven folk. The crowd got to witness an uncharacteristically un-Efish display of faceplants, juggled balls and stretched limbs. This resulted in the Elfs failing to score the equalizer.

The trend continued on the second half with the students' second offensive drive. The inevitable score with a pass to a line-Elf standing on the goal-zone was fumbled. The Elfs managed later to deliver the ball to another Elf on the other side of the field, but he was quickly brought down and the ball that slipped into the crowd was kicked right next to awaiting Skaven. Meanwhile, the Elfs had not forgotten their Rat Ogre studies but instead of group examinations they had opted for single-student study approach. This quickly proved to be extremely dangerous as the first student to examine Lufty was carried away on a stretcher and the second one knocked out of the game. This had clearly provided the analytical students enough data to conclude that any examinations of Rat Ogres should be done with minimum group size of four. This approach proved to be more successful and Lufty was quickly brought down for examination. The subject of the study at this point seemed to be how effective is the Rat Ogre fur at preventing damages resulting from kicking a prone Rat Ogre to anatomically delicate parts of the body. Preliminary results support the thesis that the fur will protect from serious injuries from a single kick but a repeated kick is likely to cause more permanent injuries. These results are however somewhat contested as the Holmby Hills resident apothecary announced that Lufty was no hurt after he had studied the Rat Ogre closer. Debate about this subject will be held at the Shadow Elf University later this month.
During the Rat Ogre examination rest of the Skaven had been left relatively free to roam around and thus they had reached the scoring distance. After the subject of their studies had been carried out, the Pale Elf students became somewhat interested in stopping the score from happening. However, with numbers at their side and Elfs having grease all over them due to most of them being occupied at holding Lufty down during the kick-analysis, the Skaven scored their second TD at the end of the second half.

Yup, another Nuffling. I said to Kvasilad at the end that his armour break stats must be horrible and that seems to be accurate, though the movement stats are almost as dire, which is no wonder, considering the amount of ones seen during dodges and going for its. Nothing much Kvasilad could do against those dice. Sorry again for the hard luck, tags-man.

Vorcha

tags

Great report J-R!

Really felt like I was playing more against Nuffle than Skaven in that match, but I guess I have to count myself lucky to get out of it without any permanent injury.

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Polly71 on January 13, 2021, 05:39:20 PM
@NapoleonBlown when do u have time to play some blood Bowl ?
Sorry for taking so long to respond. I should be able to play any evening this week 17:00-20:00 CET apart from Thursday and Saturday. 

hakos

Seems Nuffle was involved in the Nurgle-Necromantic match as well. Tough armor rolls for Vorcha.

Although it seems he managed to dish out some damage to the Necromantics as well...

/hakos

Polly71

we can try Tomorrow at 1930 :-)

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Polly71 on January 18, 2021, 09:30:52 AM
we can try Tomorrow at 1930 :-)
That works for me, I'll see you then.

Polly71

sorry was late :-) it was 1930 not 1830 :-)

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Polly71 on January 19, 2021, 06:56:35 PM
sorry was late
No problem. I did respond quite late, sorry. We could play tomorrow at the same time if that works for you?

Polly71

no we can do it toninght

Polly71

i did see worong at the clock i think its 8 a clock not 7  so i got another 30 min to start