Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, November 15, 2020, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

WE HAVE ANOTHER NUFFLING IN THE SKAVEN GAME! Nothing to see folks! Just blood and gore, and a coach threatening to bury a player! Nothing interesting here! Scatter now! Shoo!

The Order started on the offence and quickly moved the ball to midfield. Skaven frontline went down but nobody was injured which was such a relieve for the linerats that they decided to stay down as long as there was someone next to them. The amount of blocks was minimized to blitzes on both sides and thus it became a waiting game with ball staying behind the frontline. The key moment was a fouling play where the ref spotted an attempt to kick a prone linerat. The Skaven got serious, scoring three injuries in quick succession during two plays. Crow-men made a dash for the goal but were stopped by a swarm of three Gutter Runners. Ball went down, a Rat Thrower ran in and passed the ball to midfield. Gutter Runner catching the ball was brougt down, but as the Humans couldn't secure the ball due to their thinned ranks, Thrower ran in again and passed the ball to another Gutterer who dashed deep into Human side and scored the go-ahead TD shortly after the Humans had managed to get another of their players expelled for fouling.

Second half and the Humans were seriously undermanned and as the their Ogre chef was one of the injured, they were also seriously underfed. High Kick was caught by the Skaven Thrower Lauren, who then did something uncharacteristic for her, running all the way to the goal to score the 2-0. Humans tried to even the score by murdering the Linerat Mick the Mickster but the Skaven still had a full team to set up for their second defence. Two botched pickups gave the Gutter Runners an opportunity they rarely miss and the game was 3-0. The final drive ended up being a pass and bash fest where Humans managed to earn some valuable experience.

Yup, nothing much that mr. B could do some point after the 1st half when the game turned from a Nuffling into Serious Nuffling. Two foul attempts with at least three support were spotted by the ref and neither of the fouls even penetrated the armor. Haven't checked the numbers yet, but I'm guessing double digits swing for my favour in luck. Sorry for the Nuffling Bantha-man, better luck in the rest! Stellar game from you as always.

Mr B

No worries man, it was 1,1 on the two fouls trying to get back and first foul was on the MB tackle Blitzer, and whith my Apo burned it was a bit self-defense.
Anyhow, the dice was with the mice and the needed 3+ catch and 3+ dodge to score 1-0 was of course started with a 2 rr with catch 2.
So, it failed directly and already down on numbers there was a spectating position from my side with not much to do.
And of course when the possibility was there to get 2-1 back, the double skull came again as it was the third time for that stealing my needed rr for the Blitzer who needed 1 spp to level to that failed and Bang 3-0, as game was already over it did not mean more that I have to wait some more.
Cheers!

hakos

Quote from: Saitani on January 02, 2021, 04:53:35 PM
what about 20.00 norwegian time sunday hakos ?

Hi

20:00 today works, however, if possible, I would like to start at 21:00 since that would simplify things for me.

But if I see no answer from you before 19 today I will be here at 20:00

/hakos

Saitani

hakos

Great, thanks, then I will show up to our match at 21:00 /hakos

tags

Some very good dice let me pull off some crazy elf BS in this one, resulting in an unusually good outing for the Sharpies. Shame about Gregor, but with Lars' killer squad, I was prepared to lose at least one.

Thanks for the match!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on December 30, 2020, 11:58:36 PM
Hello, Gnaarkill.
I should be free pretty much any evening between 17:00 and 20:00, so let me know when you want to play.

Hey Napoleon!

How about tomorrow monday @20? Also, wednesday @20 is a good option :)

/Gnaar

hakos

Well, sooner or later in the season there has to be a loss also for this team. Could not do anything against the not so fumbling elves. They won 3-0. Easily.

The game plan was to let my rookie runner do the scoring but he failed every single thing he did in every single turn. In hindsight it would have been better to let my senior runner handle it...

Thanks for the game Saitani, a bit frustrating, but also a fast paced game with some interesting situations so I did enjoyed it, even when losing.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Gnaarkill on January 03, 2021, 10:23:49 PM
Hey Napoleon!

/Gnaar
Wednesday at 20:00 would work well for me, so I'll see you then.

Saitani

The fumblers does elf bullshit and gets away from it the game. after some bad starting rolls the elfs mamange to steal the ball twice in the first drive ending the dorfs drive 2-0 in favour to the elfs. on the elfish drive the fumblers are pressed to the side but elf bs is the plan of the day securing a comfortable 3-0 lead. The dwarfs try one more time and is again foiled by the fumblers that get the ball to the endzone but leaving the confused and nervous loner lineman stumbling on the Naf regulated tripwire ending the game 3-0. THis game Hakon swaped the dice before the game and got my luck for the last seasons game. it was a bad bad game for the dorfs and a average game for the elfs.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on January 03, 2021, 10:43:34 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on January 03, 2021, 10:23:49 PM
Hey Napoleon!

/Gnaar
Wednesday at 20:00 would work well for me, so I'll see you then.

Yes, sir!
See you tomorrow :)

/Gnaar

NapoleonBlown-apart

The Vampires chose to receive the ball in the first half, but the Warpstoned Maniacs put up an excellent defence, and were able to steal the ball and threaten a touchdown. A hypnotic gaze left an opening that enabled the Sylvanians to mark the rat carrying the ball, however and, despite a successfull 6+ pass from the skaven thrower, the linerat in the end zone failed to catch the ball and the first half ended 0-0.

In the second half, a high kick was caught by Bud, a Skaven thrower, but, aided by some very good dice rolls and the opposing team's troll failing multiple really stupid roles, the Sylvanians were able to steal the ball with a vampire and get him in range of the end zone. The Underworld team put a lot of pressure on the ball carrier, but the vampires still made an attempt to get him to safety so that they could stall for a few turns. However, this plan was endangered by a failed blood lust roll requiring the ball carrier to feed on his team mate. This was possible, but it put him in a precarious position and the Warpstoned Maniacs took advantage of this, almost completely surrounding him. Despite this, the ball was handed off to another vampire who was able to blitz and then dodge his way free to make it into the end zone on turn 14.

The Maniacs then had two turns to score a touchdown and bring the game to a 1-1 draw, but a blitz that allowed a vampire to catch his teammates kick and several Sylvanian players to move into threatening positions made this appear difficult. Despite this, the vampire was brought down and a goblin was able to take the ball deep into the enemy's half. The Underworld team had marked many of the vampire players, but one was still able to reach the ball carrier with a GFI, leaving the goblin badly hurt. The agility 5 thrall was then able to pick up the ball, and, on the next and final turn, a pass and a handoff left the ball in the hands of a vampire in range of the endzone, and a touchdown was scored, ending the match 2-0.

Thank you for the match, Gnaarkill. This was much closer than the final score makes it appear, and it easily could have been a draw or even a win for you if it wasn't for that blitz and my general lucky dice in the second half. I hope you have better luck for the rest of the season.

tags

Great report, N! Sounds like an eventful match.

tags