Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, November 15, 2020, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Day 5 match - Veteran Dwarves versus Four Vampires (and some thralls) is played.

It was a tight match that could have ended any way but some key Dice rolls decided it.

Vampires elected to attack first and initially had some problems to find a hole in the dwarfs line. But by clever manuvering they managed to split the dwarfs into two groups with a small hole between them. One hypnotic gaze later and they had the ball in a vampire iron grip behind the dwarven line. Dwarfs got a 2D Blitz, failed and surrounded the vampire with three dwarfs instead. The vampire just laughed, sneaked away and scored. 0-1

Three turns left, not impossible, but hard for a dwarf team to score. A sudden failed dodge opened up the vampire right flank. Some running, passing, running, gfi and gfi later the ball was just one square away from the end zone. The problem? The blitzer was two squares away, lying down with no support. Yes, the second GFI failed. Quickly the ball was surrounded by 3 thralls. Last turn, nothing else to do, let's try something crazy. Stand-up the blitzer, blitz away one thrall, pick up the ball with two thralls guarding it and then dodging away into the TD zone.  Well, it took one RR but to everyones surprise it worked. 1-1 after first half.

Second half, dwarfs on the attack brought in their Not So Secret Weapon. Vampires had to use their entire bench to field a full team. But they were one vampire and one AG 5 thrall short, so they were relatively weaker than first half while dwarves were relatively stronger in second half.

Ball is kicked far away and take some turns to move into a cage. One vampire sneak in behind the dwarven line to use that time to steal the ball and almost succeed. The vampires are not out of tricks yet though. A well timed fireball hit the cage, takes down two corners plus the runner. Ball is free, but just outside reach of the vampires that are a bit lacking in the agility department after first half. The dwarfes manage to pick it up with the AG 4 runner. A couple of turns pass where the vampires tries to get the runner but now they really start to hit the snake eyes when dodging. Their 5 RR melt away like an ice cream in Sahara. Constantly out positioned by all the failed dodging means two things. 1) dwarves can run the ball into safety. 2) dwarves can hit many more vampires and thralls than they normally would. All in all this means that in the last few rounds the vampire team spend most of the time lying down while the dwarfs score the winning touchdown in turn 16. 2-1.

Thanks for the game Napoleon. You played well and could very well have won it if not for all those bad dodges. Also, My td in turn 8 was extremely lucky. A 1-1 result would probalby have been more appropiate for the match. Will be interesting to see the statistics, I'm relatively certain it will favor me, i just wonder how much.

/hakos

NapoleonBlown-apart

Thanks for the match, Hakos. I did feel unlucky, especially with dodges and bloodlust rolls, but you played well and it was a fun game.

Mr B

tags

God jul!
Hyvää joulua!
Merry Christmas!

Hah, covering 2 countries with a single seasonal greeting :D

Gnaarkill

Quote from: tags on December 24, 2020, 04:06:50 PM
God jul!
Hyvää joulua!
Merry Christmas!

Hah, covering 2 countries with a single seasonal greeting :D

Most impressive!

Merry Christmas Norsca-maniacs  ;D

Mr B

MD 5 last game was played yesterday and The Crow went away with a win for a change.
It was a game of many double 1 and double skulls, luckily I throw the double skulls which was saved by RR and  while the Skaven-isch rolled it on a GFI.
Which was the turnaround in the early stage of first half.
Some disastrous turn for Underworld meant it was a quite 2-0, and then the luck stroke and gave me 3-0.
It all ended with a happy one Turner with a flying goblin spectacle, it was nice to see that was done instead of the Gobbo eaten.

tags