Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, November 15, 2020, 01:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polly71

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on December 09, 2020, 10:56:48 AM
Ah, the humans again, looking forward to a semi-final repeat. I.e. I predict a draw in normal times.

Anyway, I start my winter vacation afer friday. So basically, after friday I can play any time. Just let me know what you prefer Mr B.

BR/ Håkan
Well weekends are a bit holy.
How about Tuesday?

Lars

Was a match that started off with elfish power play giving a 2-0 lead by turn 10. Then the lack off elfs on the pitch started to become a problem this allowed for necros to make 2 goals before the end of the match.
The removal of elfs where caused almost equal by the 2 coaches.

thanks for a nice match Saitani and good luck in the future

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Vorcha on December 09, 2020, 11:31:28 AM
@gnaarkill could we do it at 12 ? i strugle in the mornings :P

Sorry for the late reply man!
Hmm, can we do it @14 instead then?
Saturday @14 that is.

/Gnaar

Vorcha

@Gnaarkill sure np 14:00 on saturday it is.

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on December 10, 2020, 06:16:42 PM
Ah, the humans again, looking forward to a semi-final repeat. I.e. I predict a draw in normal times.

Anyway, I start my winter vacation afer friday. So basically, after friday I can play any time. Just let me know what you prefer Mr B.

BR/ Håkan
How about Tuesday?

Sure, any time works for me, just propose and it is a 99% chance I will accept. /Hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: Polly71 on December 10, 2020, 05:44:39 PM
1800 is best for me

All righty, see on you tomorrow (Saturday) at 18 then! If anything comes up, ping me on Discord.

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on December 11, 2020, 03:07:05 PM

BR/ Håkan
How about Tuesday?

Sure, any time works for me, just propose and it is a 99% chance I will accept. /Hakos
Hehe.. 21 a clock

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on December 11, 2020, 05:36:45 PM
Quote from: hakos on December 11, 2020, 03:07:05 PM

BR/ Håkan
How about Tuesday?

Hehe.. 21 a clock

Tuesday, dec 15th, 21 o'clock, it's a deal /hakos

Gnaarkill

Interview after the match between The Warpstoned Maniaks and The Gronks to Nufle, with Coach Gnaarkill:

"Like I don't know dudes, Gronks were all about the green stuff today. Took it reeaaaally easy on us. Liked to lay down, watching the skies after sprinting for the ball. Totally understand them though, its hard work to rush. But hey, yea, we are like... totally fine with that. We got our win and hopefully we can represent the Herbarium Union in the play-offs this season."

On the question about Fatty's commitment today, coach Gnaarkill answered:
"Smoke in peace rastah! We will join you with Jah when our time comes. Todays win was all about you, mon! Peace out!"

/Gnaar

tags

That looks like some seriously frustrating dice for Vorcha :D

J-Reedy

Well, we had an exciting match between Skaven and Dwarf. 0-0. The true MVP of the match was the Halfling Master Chef who succeeded in enticing two thirds of the Skaven coaching staff to her buffet table during both halfs. Lord only knows what would've happened if the chef had prepared cheese-curdled mozzarella garganzola sprinkled with some gorgonzola instead of cheese pie.

The Skaven started on the Offense, hoping to score fast to get the freebooted Deathroller on the field and then off the field before second half. However, Perfect Defence by the Dwarf coach got the Skaven into sticky situation. And when the Skaven tried to botch a block on their first drive and the rat coach had spend his only remaining staff member to entice the fumbling player to get going, the Skaven knew they were in trouble. Dwarf rolled in and KO'd a rat and when the Skaven tried to open up space on their next drive resulted in blocking player getting downed himself, the situation looked dire. Skaven tried to get the ball deep into Dwarf half, but the Gutter Runner that caught the ball there was quickly brought down and the Dwarfs were suddenly on the offence. Their cage moved slowly and steadily towards the goal and the score seemed inevitable as the Dward also managed to seriously injure the Skaven Blitzer who will return to NUL somewhat slower after resting one match. But then a Dward decided to try something very undwarfish, to dodge. Skaven got an opening on the ball with a guarding Linerat and wrestling Gutterer. Wrestle was not needed as the Dwarf runner got stunned and the ball was loose. Skaven suddenly had a scoring chance with one Gutter Runner at the distance and the more agile than your average Skaven Thrower at the pickup distance. Pick up succdeeded but the attempted pass fell on the ground next to the Thrower. Some violence ensued and the half ended.

Dwarf on the offence. But the Skaven had learned something and pulled a Perfect Defence on the Dwards. This resulted in the Dwarf team getting split up, ball-carrier with cage players going to their left while Deathroller with some Longbeards fighting against the Skaven Rat Ogre on the right. For some time neither side had an advantage and the game stalled into block contest. Then the Skaven managed to get a KO and Lufty the Rat Ogre got free from the Deathroller. This forced the Dwarf cage to make a try for the goal in fear of the frenzied Ogre. The Dwarfs dashed forward hugging the sideline but got halted just before the endzone. Dwarf runner got a chance to score but as that required something unnatural for Dwarfs, dodging, the match ended 0-0.

Well, this was an interesting match. I was playing my back against the wall most of the time with the master chef leaving me with 1 reroll on both halfs. Polly should've won the first half but a misclick caused an unfortunate dodge attempt into a tacklezone, so I got an opening for the ball. Lucky 1d blitz gave a chance to score by picking up and passing with my AG4 thrower but snake-eyes prevented that. Fair result considering I got the chance due to misclick. Second half was a stand-off where neither side could get openings and the scoring chance for Polly required three dodges and a gfi which failed on the first dodge. Haven't seen the numbers yet as the BB2replayer is down, waiting for it to come up as Tags just informed me he has restarted it. Methinks Polly had lousy armor luck, I definately more easily than I should've. My block dice are probly even, had lots of pow but also at least three turn ending skull-skull or both-downs. Good game from Polly, good use of the massive incentive, that master chef really made this a game. Good luck in the rest!

tags

Just finished an intense match. The Bloody Sharpies earned the top spot of the Overcoming Adversity category with this one, but that's not entirely fair. The match would've been very different if it had not been for a snake eyes dodge by Spike the Vampire in turn 11, where that was the only roll he needed for a touchdown.

As it happened, although the elves stole the ball after that, they did not manage to hold on to it, and Sylvanian Sparklers did manage to score in that drive after all. It was, however, in turn 13 and not turn 11, which probably was a deciding factor.

The Bloody Sharpies scored on their drive in turn 15, and with only one turn left, Sylvanian Sparklers needed a miracle. They didn't get one.

Thanks for the match Napoleon, it was a thriller!

Mr B

This was quite intense also, or was it... :o

The dwarfs totally crushed the poor humies, deaths, red cards, touchdowns, skills, more deaths see all about it!
BB2Replayer has it all!!

I think that was a good loss, not much to talk about.
The classy dwarfs hummed with revenge stealing that Final as I did last gathering.
So, we have to pay up sooner or later.
The record had to be broken some time.
12 w 2 draw and now 1 loss.
But the humans will receive more after this one, just letting the team shine one last time.

Thanks for the show!
You played it well so, no hard feelings at all!

Cheers!
Brother B

tags

:o

18.82 luck points difference is maybe the biggest disparity we've seen in NUL BB2 so far? So THAT's what it takes to bring down The Order!