Playoffs

Started by J-Reedy, January 27, 2021, 07:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All righty folks, time to find out the season 41 champions. The teams competing for the top spot are:
1st seed: Digging HBTQs - Hakos
2nd seed: Fumbling Fumblers - Saitani
3rd seed: Order of the Crow - Bantha
4th seed: Holmby Hills Ratty Pack - J-Reedy

Knockout league has been created and Holmby Hills are already in. Schedule will be created when everyone is registered. We'll aim for the traditional 1st seed against 4th seed and 2nd seed against 3rd seed setup, but I don't recall how setting up the schedule goes, so we'll have to see.

hakos

Nice, very long time since I finished first in the regular season.

I'm in. Three teams of four are registered. We are only missing the humans now.

/hakos

Mr B

And we are complete.

:D

J-Reedy

And we're off to the races!

Hakos, if you see this in time, I'm up for gaming tomorrow, Sunday the 31st at abouts 11-16 CET. If that doesn't suit you, sir, the following CET start times also work:
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 18-20.30
- Friday 18-late

Next weekend is a bit hazy but either Saturday or Sunday should be free if life goes on normally. As a word of warning, the weekday availability may change quickly, as I'm heading back to work after my vacation month and am not sure yet how big of a virtual pile of work there is waiting at my desk.

hakos

Sweet, you have your chance for revenge immediately.

How about tomorrow, sunday, starting at 15:00?

/hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on January 30, 2021, 08:42:16 PM
Sweet, you have your chance for revenge immediately.

How about tomorrow, sunday, starting at 15:00?

/hakos

See you tomorrow!

Mr B

Hello again Saitani,

It's us, and it's the same moon different season, same teams, but Semi instead of Final.
When can you take this, Wednesday and onwards 21 CET should be possible to Fit in.

Cheers!
/B

J-Reedy

Guess I deserved this somehow.

hakos

The first semi-final was not a match, it was a slaughter.

In the end the rats only had two players left on the field. 4 rats were killed and another 5 badly hurt.

Last match of the season was between the same teams and already in that match the rats were severily decimated. In fact, J-Reedy had to hire two journeymen, two loners (one gutter runner and one storm vermin) and one star player. These players, except the star player, were of course considered as meat shields, and as such they did a good job.

It started well for the rats when the star player claws found their way into Eliks body already in turn 1. Elik will forever have a niggling reminder of this game. But that was the last time the rat's were lucky.

The rats did a perfect attack and could score in turn 2 but delayed it to turn 3. After that turn they never got to carry the ball again.

The major hero on the dwarf team was the troll slayer Quinn. In total Quinn badly hurted four players. All of them in the first half. This also earned him the MVP award. 13 SPP in total in one game.

If the dwarf teams Mighty blow was not enough of a problem for the rats. The audience seem to have consisted of 98% dwarfs (there are rumors that some dwarfs dressed up as rat's just to tilt the normal 50/50 set-up of the audience but nothing has been proven) and at every opportunity they throwed some nice, extra hard, rocks on the rats.

First half ended 1-1 then dwarfs scored in turn 8.

Second half started with dwarfs on offence. Full team versus only 8 rats. Also adding the Death roller on the dwarven side. Since the maiming continued there was absolutely nothing the rats could do except stay low. I.e. lie down and pretend to be unconcious in the hope of not being hit again.

Of course, there was one rat that did not lie low (except when being hit by a rock from the audience) and that was Lufty the Rat Ogre. Last game he mostly roared like a wild animal. This time he was hitting well and even managed to get Quinn off the field. But what can one rat ogre do against a full dwarf team? Die. Yeah, Lufty did his final game here. A hard blow for J-Reedy.

Only one rat defied the odds, Nat with his armour value of 6 got hit several times but always came back. He even managed to knock down the ball carrier at one point of time. But it did not matter since in the end it was only Nat and one more rat on the field. Dwarfs score 2-1 in their final turn.

The rats could not even attempt a one turner since they could only field 5 players in the final turn.

------------

I'm really sorry for this game J-Reedy. I did not thought it could get worse than last game, but it could.

/hakos

tags

The rats sure have taken some beatings towards the end of this season... some real tough losses.

Saitani

i can probably make wednsday at 21 work

Mr B

Quote from: Saitani on January 31, 2021, 05:42:26 PM
i can probably make wednsday at 21 work
Lets plan for that then.
Thanks

Gnaarkill

Quote from: tags on January 31, 2021, 05:08:34 PM
The rats sure have taken some beatings towards the end of this season... some real tough losses.

Yea, tough one J-R! I feel you brutha'!

Guess the queer dwarves really have som issues with rich and famous hollywood rats. Issues big enough to wipe the whole team out :o

Crazy, but anyway. Nice work making it to the finals hakos. Your rainbow dwarves are one hell of a steamroll death machine!
Good luck in the finals mate!

/Gnaar

Mr B

Second game done.
And what a nail biter that was.
I want to thank Saitani for a well played game!
It was also going to overtime, this time it did not go to shoot out, and first now I can tell that it's golden goal that counts.
I was actually not sure.

First half was very well done and planned by Highelfs.
I managed to stay on my foot and endure the fire ball, yes a wiz and two babes and one extra apo was brought forward for this game.
So, drag out fist half where I had one shot and could not get the needed POW.
And then it was cat and mouse game...
I could not touch the ball, well executed.
Then the High went to 1-0.
And there was a few turns left.
The fireball came in, knocked down the two defenders but ball keeper stood firm. But was a bit swarmed.
Some stressful GFI and moves later and I moved the ball to a striking distance.
Elfs are elfs and with ag5 and ag4 dodge the small fence was rubbish and the ball was loose and scatterd to the crowd.
The humans took it and tried to pass my blitzer, at the same level as it was pushed out.
So Midd field in Elf territory.

It was not so much more to do and Humans could get the ball took a rr, and then sprint but I did not dare to score as move 9 and SS is a not that difficult 1turner.
So I stalled one turn and manged it.
1-1.

Second half was started both APO used, Wiz Used, babes worked fine.
Some removals was made and now everyone was counted for.
So when it comes to desperate tries as the elf went few in numbers, they really shine.
1D downed my Ball keeper after some dangerous dodging and it went smooth.
Some scrambled moves later and we were already closing up here in turns and we were midfield.
The agility won, picked up the ball in several zones and throw it down in the humans zone.
After some near goal experience, it was picked up, knocked down, and failed to be picked up again, and failed to blitz, and Dang.
EXTRA TIME, Read all about it!

And the coins toss was won by then elf.
So, game over but withour RR, we never know.
Nice moves and catchers all over the place as all came back from KO box.
But the pickup was failed.
So, what to do, no argue there we went for it. But failed the pickup.
Elfs made the pickup and failed the throw, a long one was it?
So, humans could knock him away, get the ball and cover up a bit.
Then the charge in failed and we could knock away some elfs run for the score line, but now also without RR, the GFI was out of the question.
But after another amazing attempt to make me fail, failed as I made the blitz and could walk in with the second TD in Turn 23-24 something.

Phew!
Thanks again mate it was really close one.
/B

tags

Thanks for the detailed report Mr. B!

It really is best when playoff matches come down to the wire, without Nuffle putting too heavy of a hand on the outcome. Sounds like a really exciting contest!