Playoffs

Started by J-Reedy, January 27, 2021, 07:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

And there we have it! The final matchup has been determined, Order of the Crow will be defending their championship from last season against the Dwarfen deathrollers of Digging HBTQs. Congrats and good luck to both of you. Play on, mates!

hakos

WOW, seems to have been a really fun and exciting semi-final between humans and elfs.

Time for a repeat of the semi-final from last season, that went to overtime and shootout. But now it is a final. Even more interesting.

I'm eager to play this one. Can probably play whenever during the weekend. Just let me know if/what time could work for you.

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on February 05, 2021, 07:55:32 AM
WOW, seems to have been a really fun and exciting semi-final between humans and elfs.

Time for a repeat of the semi-final from last season, that went to overtime and shootout. But now it is a final. Even more interesting.

I'm eager to play this one. Can probably play whenever during the weekend. Just let me know if/what time could work for you.

/hakos
Your team has grown to a crazy level..
This will be a tricky one to tackle..
But I think I can offer next Wednesday 21 Swedish time if that's OK?
B

hakos

Quote from: Mr B on February 05, 2021, 08:12:13 PM
Quote from: hakos on February 05, 2021, 07:55:32 AM

/hakos
Your team has grown to a crazy level..
This will be a tricky one to tackle..
But I think I can offer next Wednesday 21 Swedish time if that's OK?
B

A bit late, but it is a final after all so I can accomodate you.

We have a plan.

/hakos

Mr B

Just finished the game and... Thanks for the game.
It was again a thriller, but we could end it on ordinary time for a change.
I new what I was up against so I had to use all dirty tricks possible.

Hakos and his amazing team is just tears of joy for a bloodbowl eye.
Not many like dwarfs but in top TV they have a hard time, so I like'em as a team.
But here it's us others that have the hard time.
And so did we tonight.

I emptied my savings and brought a Bribe and a Wiz.
I had to use them both to gain the small things I could gain.

First half and Hakos started, bashed me to bits.
3 less on the field after the first 4 including blitz, one got a push but the rest was removed, and one died.. Guard and Wrestle Lino..
To much of value so I used Apo directly but he failed to keep him in the match. A MNG as a result...
So I was in peril.. No apo and all those MB.
I started to foul, and in the first.. was it five turns 3 of fouling it was stunned as worst.
But finally it paid off and I had to use the bribe to keep him in.
One Slayer BH.
I started to move up threaten the agile runner who now had the ball and Hakos decided to score in Turn 7, giving me two turns left but on the other hands securing the lead.

So Two turn can I make it...
To make it short yes I could with some luck of course.
So 1-1 first half.
I then had the drive and took it slow.. removed one dwarf without skills but in return one humie was also removed.
So the dance right left right left started and my plan failed a bit.. I did not get what I wanted and the dwarfs looked bigger than normal.
So, I had to go for it, and the hand over failed.. but was catched by another, but he was about to defend and I was startled as I saw no good placement..
And then time run out..
So that was not good...
The dwarfs closed in pushed out a blitzer, and started to cage us..
I saw no option, I was down to 1 RR, the shorter folks who looked bigger, had 4... So I burned the Wiz, opened up a Gap, and made the blitz and run as Hell.
Burned my last RR and had to take another two and made it.

The terrifying Blitzer with SF and Diving tackle was in TZ and some wrong pushes made it hard to get him loose.
1D later followed up witha skull RR skull, gave the game to little me.
Sorry for the luck Hakos, next time it's yours for sure.

I think you are doing a good job with those Dwarfs, and I had a bit of luck when it mattered.
Again Thanks.

BR
Brother B

tags

Congratulations on yet another season win, Mr. B! You are cementing your role as probably the top active coach in NUL at the moment, and we really need to step up our game to knock you off your pedestal next season... but we'll try! :)

hakos

Congratulations for the victory Bantha, you very much deserve it.

As for me, I am happy to lose in final instead of semi-final. So it is a step up for my team.

Overall I found it to be a fun match. I was a little too lucky in the beginning with all those removals but after that it was more even in the luck department I think and I did get some bad luck in key situations. Even if luck was unevenly distributed, I would say that positioning was more important than luck.

It was a stroke of mastery to burn your money and get that wizard. Just the threat made me score one turn earlier than I otherwise would have done in first half and thus giving you the opportunity for 1-1 in first half.

In second half I did position myself correctly, I think. But that lightning bolt in your last turn made a comfortable wall very soft and ripe for exploitation.

You are the master of finding outs in situations that from my side looked very hard for you. I do not see how I could have made it harder for you (except that annoying mistake I did of underestimating your rookie player, Lasse Liten, with 0 SPP that scored in first half).

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: tags on February 11, 2021, 12:30:51 AM
Congratulations on yet another season win, Mr. B! You are cementing your role as probably the top active coach in NUL at the moment, and we really need to step up our game to knock you off your pedestal next season... but we'll try! :)

Where is Barmution when we need him!? >:(

Haha no, jokes aside!
Mr.B, you are a true champ and one hell of a blood bowl coach, Congratulations!

And a big up for the runner-up. Always a safe bet of being one of the top candidates in the playoffs. Good work Hakos!

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Congrats, mr. B! And congrats to Hakos too for making it to the finals.

Now, we'll just have to see if Bantha-man can go for the triple. I believe that haven't been done since Luiggi's Skaven team Ratdonalds managed to conquer seasons 12 through 14. Mr. B has already signed up at the season 42 signup. Everybody wanting a piece of the champions with their fully developed teams better head there to guarantee their place in the season that is tuned out to the max.

Mr B

Thanks all!
Bring it on  ;) see you next season.. I hope