Match Day 1

Started by tags, February 18, 2021, 10:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Welcome one and all to the final season in our set of 3, which means experienced teams and a very brave rookie team!

Napoleon has taken a break, but WiGdoor steps up to complete our gang of 10!

Good luck everyone!

These are the contestants:
1. J-Reedy - Holmby Hills Ratty Pack (Skaven)
2. Kvasilad - The Bloody Sharpies (Dark Elf)
3. Gnaarkill - Warpstoned Maniaks (Underworld)
4. Vorcha - Gronks to Nufle (Nurgle)
5. Lars - Homie Herbarium (Necro)
6. Polly71 - Klovner i Kamp NUL (Dwarf)
7. Mr. B - Order of the Crow (Human)
8. Saitani - Fumbling Fumblers (High Elves)
9. Hakos - Digging HBTQs (Dwarves)
10. WiGdoor - Fragile Frogs (Lizardmen)

Vorcha

@j-reedy ok when are you ready for a game ?
i can not  saturday or sunday evenings

J-Reedy

Quote from: Vorcha on February 18, 2021, 01:55:21 PM
@j-reedy ok when are you ready for a game ?
i can not  saturday or sunday evenings

Hi Vorcha. I'm stuck at home as I'm recovering from a heel operation, so can do pretty much any time.
How about tomorrow, Friday at 18.00 if that suits you, sir? Anly later times are also OK.
If that doesn't work any time after 18.00 should work between Tuesday (23rd) and Friday (26th).

tags

Oh man, sorry about that match, a pretty rough start in a tough league! You had horrible block dice and horrible injury dice. And to top it off, the MVP got wasted on Slibli.

Anyway, thanks for being a good sport WiGdoor, and may Nuffle change his mind about the Fragile Frogs in the future!

Vorcha

@j-reedy sure we can try tomorrow at 18:00 norwegian time or are you gmt ?

J-Reedy

Quote from: Vorcha on February 18, 2021, 11:38:17 PM
@j-reedy sure we can try tomorrow at 18:00 norwegian time or are you gmt ?

Yup, Norwegian time (CET) is the one I use here in the forums, although I live in the future (at least from the Scandinavian viewpoint and only an hour in the future). So 18.00 Norwegian it is!

J-Reedy

Well, this one was a nail-biter at the end. The Skaven folk had been given a good molly-whopping in their last two against the Dwarfs, so they must've picked up some bashy skills there as they got a casualty on their first play. Nurggle folks on the other hand had trouble finding soft spots in the Skaven armor and thus the Holmby Hills folks had a surprising player advantage for most of the game. Gronks however scored first, by pushing their cage through the middle with determination. The Skaven had a chance for an equalizer with a pass play but the receipt on a succesfull pass was botched due to too many Disturbing opposition players. So onwards to the second half where the Skaven sent a swarm of their three Gutter Runners (with the fourth one spending most of the match on the KO box) to the backlines while the Thrower duo stayed back. Gronks players tried to tie down the Gutter rats but those sneaky sons of illigimate birth origin either dodged away or blocked their way to freedom. After three plays one of the Gutter Runners was alone on the flank and the Throwers schemed a pass among themselves and then the other Thrower ran to hand off the ball to the quickest rat on the field and the 1-1 equaliizer saw daylight. Gronks lined up for offence, 9 against 11 Skaven. Early injury however evened the numbers and then following a turn of stunning blocking and a fireball from a surprisingly wealthy looking wizard from the stands put the Nurggle folk to scoring distance. Ratty Pack put all they had on stopping the effort and were saved by the slippery hooves of the Pestigors who on next two plays fell down when trying to go for that extra little something. Ball was blitzed out and it looked like draw with the game clock almost down to zero. However, the Gronks hadn't lost their spirit and they cleared the ball, sent a Pestigor to the endzone and a Rotter to pass. But even the Rotters aren't immune to the surprisingly Disturbing Precence of their team-mates and thus the pass sailed far above the catchers horns into the stand. 1-1 it was to be.

Haven't checked the numbers yeat, writing this as the replayer is down/uploading 150 and some matches. But I suspect Vorcha got the sticky end of the luck in this match with numerous 1s on GFIs and Really Stupids. But that didn't prevent him from making this a nail-biter of the game in the end. Thanks again for the match and better luck in the rest, Vorcha-man!

Saitani

Thanks for the game Gnar and well played. Elf bullshit continues to work now if it only could work vs Bantha XD

Lars

Match played with dorfs and necros a tight one that nearly ended 0-0

/Lars

hakos

Top Secret Memo

To: Brewery Guild Master
Topic: NUL Season 42 Opening Match
Homie Herbarium is the most dangerous team in the entire season 42. Our armor smiths have still not found an armor that can withstand their claws. Therefore we need to resort to other methods than the normal "enter close meelee, trust our armor and bash the enemy into the ground".

Priority 1: Make sure our team survive. By any means available to you

Priority 2: Win the game

And please continue to work on that fireball resistancy potion as well. Our intelligence department reports that all teams will employ a wizard against our team this season. They say it is done to even the odds. Ha, they just want the prize money, but that gold will be ours.

-------------------------

Top Secret Memo

To: Queen King Royal Person Maram
Topic: NUL Season 42 Opening Match
Mission accomplished. We have created one new beer sort for each player in the Herbarium Team. Flavoured just to their taste. Oscar will get our brand new Oregano flavoured beer, for example. The new beer is distributed to our resellers and they will make sure that each player get an offer they cannot resist to taste the beer just before the match starts. Of course, this is the extra strong dwarf beer, flavoured and with a dose of sleepyness drugs on top.

We also have a first version of the fireball resistance potion ready for field test tomorrow.

-------------------------

Secret Report

To: Queen King Royal Person Maram
Topic: Victory
A very even match was played today between The Digging HBTQs and Homie Herbarium. The dead ones opted to attack and it seemed we could do nothing to stop them. Then suddently they got slow, clumsy and even tripped on their own legs. We obviously took advantage of the situation and secured the ball and kept it safe until first half ended.

On second half we attacked and brought in our Not So Secret Weapon - The DeathRoller. As normal we could show the stadium owner how much their Revenue would increase by some splattering and flattening of opposing players so they let us bring it in, in the wagon marked "Extra Good Strong Dwarf Ale".

At this point the teams were still equally strong but when our Troll Slayer took out their Flesh Golem things became much easier. Ah, and that "fireball resistance potion" still needs some tweaking by the way. It only protected two out of three players. When our runner was down the blitzer managed to Catch the ball and carry it all the way to a TD in turn 16. Despite being both blitzed and having to dodge.

----------------------

Thanks for the game Lazer. You played well and a 1-1 would have been a more appropiate result. But that Re-roll into Double Skull in turn 4 really changed everything in first half.

Not certain what the luck stats will look like. But I for sure feel lucky with no injury on my side despite all your Claw powered blocks.

Good luck in the rest of the season.

/hakos

Mr B

@Hakos.. nice write up.. I really wonder what happened there..

@Saitani lol

Mr B

We are bringer of MADNESS!

Where SANITY come whereEeeeverWeeTURN!

You think YOU KNOW!
Hahahahaaaahhhaaahahahah!!

The Short (not Dwarf short) story.
Dwarfs Receive.. the mouse team human sorry haha, what was that?!

Turn 1! Uno, Ett, Ein Blitzen BITTE!
Jaa Jaa, sir vollen på bollen haben!
Result.. One Dead Human, Apo burned death twice we do and the 007 Bond is not HERE!
1-0 to homie humans.. Dwarfs are the guests... so to speak.. please enjoy the Smörgårdsbord..

Turn 2! Två, Due, zwie Blitzen Bitte!
Dwarfs roars waggling the bear kegs!
Dwarfs Blitz fails again, humans score, no RIP... YET!
ooh, yes, Inducements.. Bribe and Babe.. BB as in BloodBowl..
But the Tank was now gone, the wheelchair pronto out with a Red Card.

Then the Grind starts... 11 vs 11
Dwarfs use apo later on, to stay in level.
Humans pile up on the tripping Slayer with MB...
It's like the Dirty humans and they bring the dissolvent tissues to us.. Keep AWAY!

But while he is down... Why not use the Dirty Foot we have, why wont'z we precious.
But, that failed.. but the Ref was blind as a bat.

Covering the opening, closing it down for the dwarfs near the end of first half.
The Ogre who has been sleeping quite a lot so far, awoke from the ground Blitz cam in flying and Bang.. Bothdown you say, will da block we do not have. The RR burned on another needed failure.. and what bong boom, he is dead. Hurray!
Only Humans left... Ohh, IT's on our team DAIM!

Well, we took control after a failed 1d blitz, and after another failed 2d blitz and 3-0.
At this stage we are even shorter in numbers...
2nd Half Humans 8 Dwarfs 9.
I think we were quite numb now.. just rolling and either Sigh or Gasp was the sounds I imagine.
We managed to be 8 vs 8, and we Surfed 8 vs 7.
Humans score turns after and 4-0.
New drive and we were now 9 vs 7
The kick was as deep as it gets. And with some longer legs, we could get the ball after some rolls and 5-0.
Last turns we just stayed back.. not daring to challenge anything..
And last blitz was a Cas from a rookie human 1 diecing the Dwarf.

It was an insane game.
Thanks for Enduring Polly, I imagine it was a nightmare with that start.
I'm not sure how my team would look like with seven or more turns with the SteelWheelChair.

All game done.... What is next I wonder.

tags

I somehow imagine parts of that report being read as beat poetry in a smoky jazz club with a contrabass player in the corner :D

hakos

Very inspired writeup. Loved it /hakos