Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, February 18, 2021, 07:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Digging HBTQ's versus Warpstoned Maniaks ended 1-0.

Inducements for the goblins:
1 Journeyman
1 Morg
1 Wizard
1 Bomber guy
1 Bribe
1 Halfling Chef
Sum: TV 1040

Goal was done in turn 5 with 3 goblins badly hurt. So far so good

Turn 6 saw a very nice successful throw of a goblin carrying the ball, by no other than Morg n' Thorg. But my runner managed to knock the goblin out. Pheew. That was it for first half.

Second half looked scary when dwarves rolled plenty of skulls and underworlders advanced very nicely with Morg as the big shield. In the end the goblin still had to take a bit of gamble and once again the runner could reach the lonely goblin. Strip ball did it, the ball was once again free to pick up.

A few more turns of fruitless figthing over the ball back and forward ended in nothing more.

------

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill, you fought valiantly but with 8 players off the field at end of game there was not much you could do. But you did do it very well and with some more luck you could very well have scored the equalizer.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Good summary Hakos!

For me, this match was the carrot in front of the mules face, the treasure at the end of the rainbow, the unfinished orgasm, the wet firewood that almost took fire, the... :'(
So many times I really thought I had the equalizer against the big guy only to get that small light of hope extinguished by a fucking water cannon!

Well, Im quite happy anyway. Great match and for once, even ;D

GG Hakos, you mean dwarven bastard! Well played!

/Gnaar

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on April 12, 2021, 10:28:48 PM
For me, this match was the carrot in front of the mules face, the treasure at the end of the rainbow, the unfinished orgasm, the wet firewood that almost takes fire, the... :'(
So many times I really thought I had the equalizer against the big guy only to get that small light of hope extinguished by a fucking water cannon!

Very poetic description :) /hakos

Vorcha

@WiGdoor sorry i cant make it tonight after all :( but i can tomorrow instead. as my appointment changed from tomorrow  to today. if not please find a time that suits you.

WiGdoor

Alright! Tomorrow at 18 instead, then.
Thanks for the heads up!

tags

It was a defeated and demoralized Dark Elf team that entered the pitch today, having been battered in the last match and missing their star agility player and guard runner, fielding three loners. However, as much as Nuffle likes to crush hopes at the least opportune times, he does indeed also find humour in giving underdogs a push when they least expect it.

Holmby Hills Ratt Pack chose to receive, but most of the sizeable luck advantage for the delfs came in just a couple of critical turns in the first half. It started with an interception, and culminated in a defensive touchdown much to the surprise of everyone. Even with the interception, though, it was a nailbiter of a drive. The star player Eldril Sidewinder played an important part with a reliable hypnotic gaze.

With a good few turns left in the first half, the rats did choose a moderate attack rather than an all-out offensive, but it did ultimately get stopped with good helpings of hypnotic gaze, cage-breaking and tackle.

With The Bloody Sharpies up 1-0 and set to receive in the second half, things were looking surprisingly good. No reason for optimism at that point, though, because the delf attack was confidently stopped with the ball beaten from them. The Ratt Pack scores with a long throw in turn 14, making the score 1-1.

Sharpies receive again, and this time successfully executes a quick scoring drive in two turns. 2-1.

However, one turn is enough for a team with MA10 players. A lucky Quick Snap! event helped the rats set up for a chain push, but unfortunately there were only BD's rolled. No matter, MA10 was still within range... just. All that was needed was a 2+ pick-up, 3+ throw, 2+ catch, 4+ 4+ 3+ dodges, and two final GFI's. And of course, as we all know, the only thing that failed was the very last GFI.

Exciting to the very last moment, thanks for the match J-R!

Lars

The match started off with a necros receiving but a blitz event on the kick off lead to necros loosing their star  oscar oregano to a ko before the match has even taken off. That start scared the necros so much that they descieded to score already in round 4. That allowed for oscar to come back onto the field and he  sat the pace for the rest of the match killing three (doctor kinda fixed one to -av) and hurting and knocking dwarfs out leaft and right. But the havoc created did not stop the dwarf from scoring they scored with 2 rounds left. This was just enough for the necros to manage one more goal even thou it required passes and handovers.

A crazy match where polly71 fought with much bravery against dice and wolves hopefully there is some umpf left in the dwarfs to finish the season in a competitive way.

Well played polly and cya next season

/Lars

hakos

Ouch, that is a Heavy loss for Polly /hakos

Mr B

So, H-Elf vs - Humies..

Elfs, took control and got all and Humies did not manage so much.
Humie drive and quite soon it was 1-0 to the Elfs, without a breeze.

Games can change, we said and we know.. it could or can or might or not.

Had to score quite fast to get back in the saddle, and he menace Str4 SS demon was there of course, picking aiming.. threatening.
But, he was in the heat, I got him down, once..
Then we need boot assistance to get him off the field. 
The Turn before we RIP'd the progressing cathcer who was saved but "misses" the next game, meaning he will survive.
But apo gone, the Menace demo faced his Grey knights and was perished.. sadly.
I just wanted him off..

Anyhow, tables was turned and some crowded scrum setup and bad dices made even the dodges to much and we run in 1-1.
I was so focused on the game, I missed that the Runners was out.. all.
So A 1 Turner was quite off.

Second half, there was a pressure on then Elfs to gain one back, and some Elf rock was hit in the face of the Human str4 dude, who also died.
Jikes, APOTHECARY!!   
Saved! Phew.. what is this..
But double skulls burned the RR and we could the fish for the ball and got it after some bouncing dancing ball.
We run and Scored 1-2.

New setup and some rush forward now without RR, and I failed to get the blitzer down, a total possible 2-2, but the RR was gone and the dodge failed and another RIP.
Really sad man.
We could then charge down and got the ball after some throw in, and settled 1-3.

Well, what can I say?
Thanks for the game anyhow.
I really thought this was your day, but no, I was totally wrong.
We also got bribes in second half which no one used as the fouls was not tried after that RIP.

BR
/B